• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I mean they have always been top 10 over the last decade, but starting with Avery they became a lot slower. I would have to look it up but i bet that we were not top 5 that championship year.
8th in both O and D

Right now you rank 4th and 20th

Canuck76

Banned
Stupid coaching decision to leave LaMarcus out until the 7-something mark in the fourth while the Mavs were able to double/trap Damian up top with a big because they didn't have to respect Leonard or Freeland in the post.

Agreed. Run a play for Wesley or Nic, Stotts seemed content to let Lillard pick and roll with Meyers or any other big when L.M.A was out (for too long). That was pretty bad.

And once L.M.A comes back in he should get the ball on the left block, no questions asked. Seems like they try to pick and roll with him and Lillard, L.M.A is best when he's on an island on that left block, then when he's doubled they should move the ball around.

In general really Aldridge hasn't been a huge pick and roll guy. He can do it, but he's a lot more comfortable running a pick and pop. He just needs to get used to finishing at the basket, he hasn't been doing that much these past two years, because usually the D is all over him.

JoeFu

Banned
Went to the Mavs game again! Holy crap so fun. Crazy how close a 30 dollar ticket gets you on stub hub... so fun seeing Mayo go off again. Fun stat of the night. Every game I have gone to this year Mayo has scored 30 or more

Branduil

Went to the Mavs game again! Holy crap so fun. Crazy how close a 30 dollar ticket gets you on stub hub... so fun seeing Mayo go off again. Fun stat of the night. Every game I have gone to this year Mayo has scored 30 or more

You know what you have to do.

Kyrie Irving and Tyler Zeller patented moves back-to-back, nice stuff from the Cavs.

edit: Irving takes contact from Bledsoe from behind and keeps going full speed between the Clipper big men for a layup, ridiculous.

Canuck76

Banned
People have been splooging over Harden, how about O.J. Mayo?

Three games in, it's maybe a little too soon to start crowning him, but hasn't this kid looked pretty sick? From what i've saw his O was on. Mavs fans how has his D been these last two games?

Actually both him and Wesley looking pretty good. O.J. of course looks better but i wouldn't sleep on mathews guys, especially on D.

Am i right Rocket fans?

Branduil

Three games in, it's maybe a little too soon to start crowning him, but hasn't this kid looked pretty sick? From what i've saw his O was on. Mavs fans how has his D been these last two games?

Actually both him and Wesley looking pretty good. O.J. of course looks better but i wouldn't sleep on mathews guys, especially on D.

Am i right Rocket fans?

Mayo will have a harder time sustaining this production because he's making an insane number of threes. Flopping/drawing fouls is much more reliable.

Blackace

Am i right Rocket fans?

Mayo has looked great Harden has just looked better

Glad for Mayo had high hopes for him from USC but finally living up to them

Canuck76

Banned
Mayo has looked great Harden has just looked better

Glad for Mayo had high hopes for him from USC but finally living up to them

Yeah certainly. People really are only looking at Harden right now as a contender to the SG throne, i think he's up there but he ain't the only young SG looking good.

Blackace

Yeah certainly. People really are only looking at Harden right now as a contender to the SG throne, i think he's up there but he ain't the only young SG looking good.
For sure

Its mostly due to the trade happening so suddenly and followed by him having the best game of his career

A 3-game streak where he shot .632 from three isn't enough to consider him as a contender for elite sg-status when he's been average for his entire career up to this point.

Branduil

"There are a lot of great centers who play in the NBA today. There's just so many guards that outshine them. I think LaMarcus (Aldridge) is a good center. DeMarcus Cousins. A power forward-center. Al Jefferson. There's a lot of guys who can play down there... It's not a flashy position. You never see a center on SportsCenter shooting a fadeaway. It's always the guards. Those are the highlights that everybody wants to see."

Okay Dwight.

Misterhbk

where did this waiters come from?

live by the 3, die by the 3

and tonight the cavs are thriving. what have they hit? 13 threes?

Canuck76

Banned
A 3-game streak where he shot .632 from three isn't enough to consider him as a contender for elite sg-status when he's been average for his entire career up to this point.

I don't know. Obviously he won't be able to hit that % from 3 always but he's looked smooth out there. Coming into Dallas, he's the starter at the 2, i think he's feeling more confident and loving his teammates and the organization a lot more than the grizzlies.

I'm keeping my eye on this kid. And he's looked average in the NBA but everywhere else he's been pretty good.

All of Dallas off season acquisitions have looked good. Kaman, Collison, Mayo, and Brand have all been major pieces on that team. They won't be very good defensively, but I honestly feel like they can hang with anyone in the league offensively.

Top Bottom