• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

dalVlatko

Dion Waiters doesn't think that Dion Waiters can miss a shot.

Still not sure if thats a good thing, but at least it was fun to watch tonight.

etiolate

Banned
Tyreke Evans feels like obvious trade bait right now. I don't know who you trade him for though. His trade value keeps falling every year. I am not even sure what he's worth. Maybe the Kings can sucker a team into his 'potential'.

OTOH, the Kings have held all four of their opponents under 40% shooting. They just keep screwing themselves over with that wack offense they run.

Emwitus

Man, spurs already with the best record? Looking through that SA box score sheet and the minutes are balanced beautifully. Can we trade pap for mike brown? We can throw in pau if you want? No?

SamuraiX-

We got outfuckedball'd tonight.

One of those rare nights where a moral victory counts as an actual victory. If only Golden State made have of their open bricked shots.

Cipherr

damnparkrtv3ah6.gif
CP3IrvingSamuels.gif

giri

So blakes vagina is in his elbow?

why do i get the feeling blake is going to waste a few years here while he pouts around like LBJ used to do on the cavs?

We got outfuckedball'd tonight.

One of those rare nights where a moral victory counts as an actual victory. If only Golden State made have of their open bricked shots.

Reke for Turner. Leggo.

Bring Reke home so we can have more players who don't give a fuck and save Turner from Doug's wrath

charsace

Waiters is looking awesome so far. Told you guys that the kid has a game made for the NBA. Big body sg's that can get into the lane have a place in the league because of the rules. Wade, Gordon, Harden, Tyreke, etc.

I said it earlier in the thread. With Mayo it's a confidence issue. He probably felt like the Grizz chose Gay over him in his second season after he looked good in his first season. There was a lot of shit going on with the Grizz behind the scenes. At one point people were saying it was Conley/Mayo vs Gay/Lowry.

SamuraiX-

Holy shit they really, really are implementing this warning/punishment for flopping?

YES, YES, YEEEESSSS!!

The first of many victims: Donald Sloan and J.J. Barea

I hope they flop themselves into unemployment.

Reke for Turner. Leggo.

Bring Reke home so we can have more players who don't give a fuck and save Turner from Doug's wrath

I'd pull the trigger on this faster than Reke can dribble-spin into a defender and turn over the ball.

OJ Mayo is going to go back to being an average shooter and then he will go back to being a below average player with an absurd amount of random hype despite his average athleticism, inability to dribble, bad playoff performances, underwhelming college career, and limited role in the NBA other than on bad teams.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
MKG is a God.
Waiters is looking awesome so far. Told you guys that the kid has a game made for the NBA. Big body sg's that can get into the lane have a place in the league because of the rules. Wade, Gordon, Harden, Tyreke, etc.

I said it earlier in the thread. With Mayo it's a confidence issue. He probably felt like the Grizz chose Gay over him in his second season after he looked good in his first season. There was a lot of shit going on with the Grizz behind the scenes. At one point people were saying it was Conley/Mayo vs Gay/Lowry.

Waiters hasn't looked awesome at all this year lol. He looks like an average player on a team full of scrubs - which is the bare minimum since he never should've been drafted that high to begin with.

Mayo though... yeah, I'm glad he got a change of scenery too.

OJ Mayo is going to go back to being an average shooter and then he will go back to being a below average player with an absurd amount of random hype despite his average athleticism, inability to dribble, bad playoff performances, underwhelming college career, and limited role in the NBA other than on bad teams.

salt lake city.

in all seriousness, he (and the rest of the mavs) just needs to play out of his mind until dirk gets back to shoulder the offensive load. i think mayo and collison and kaman provide more than enough support for dirk and compliment dirk's offensive game wonderfully.

JoeFu

Banned
It's so weird seeing a Mavs team without Dirk putting up more than 90 points. It's crazy how fun this team is right now. Darren Collision is so good, and its so nice seeing a pg penetrating and making layups.

JoeFu

Banned
Mavs gave DC the reigns to the offense. They are running the same 'flow' that they ran with Kidd. They aren't doing whatever Indy calls basketball.

nice quote from coach Carlisle

“The ball’s been moving, simple as that,” Carlisle said. “Right now trying to quantify this team in terms of; we’re not running a lot of plays. We’re best playing randomly and we’re developing a better and better feel all the time of doing it, and we’ve got to trust that right now. When we slowed down and tried to run plays tonight, we sucked.”

Mayo on the offense

Mayo went so far as to call this Dirk-less ‘flow’ offense, his word, unguardable: “Because we don’t do something constant or something you can scout. It’s pretty much read the defense and work off that.
“It’s kind of like, uh, just an organized, just kind of like street ball,” Mayo, a happy birthday boy continued. “We have spots we need to fill (on the floor) and just continue moving and we’ve got a guy like Darren Collison, a post presence like (Chris) Kaman, (Brandan) Wright, Elton (Brand), Vince (Carter), today Do-Jo (Dominique Jones) getting in the lane. It opens it up for shooters. So, it’s been good, man.”

Top Bottom