• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

pilonv1

JOHNNY FLYNN UPDATE

16mins, 2/11 FG, 7pts, 4reb, 4ast.

NBL balls are Molten not Spalding so there's some difference. But then Patty Mills scored 28 in his NBL debut last year with the same team...

Based Crawgod is averaging 22 on 53/42/89 in 29 mpg.

This is only a mirage, right?

I can't trust this production, right?

Also, wtf @ Dumbandre.

Don't do it, friend.

Crawful will be back.

Those percentages will probably come down but the dude can get buckets.

I want to bereave.

No one was more impressed with Jordan's performance than TNT's Shaquille O'Neal, who decided during Thursday's broadcast to give the Clippers center high praise while also taking a veiled jab at Los Angeles Lakers center Dwight Howard. "I'm going on the record right now," O'Neal said. "Best center in the West right now, DeAndre Jordan. Best center in the West."

wat

We lost to the Hornets twice in the preseason, I expect to win this time with Davis not playing.

Also, it fucking blows that Chuck is leaving Inside the NBA. It won't be long until Kenny decides to quit too and then that show will go to shit. Thanks Shaq, FU dude.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
We lost to the Hornets twice in the preseason, I expect to win this time with Davis not playing.

Also, it fucking blows that Chuck is leaving Inside the NBA. It won't be long until Kenny decided to quit too and then that show will go to shit. Thanks Shaq, FU dude.

You realize that some people are saying Mullens is fine?

I can't even

You realize that some people are saying Mullens is fine?

I can't even

Yeah, it's crazy. It blows my mind that people actually think Mullens is our most offensively talented player. I'm like what? They have to be trolling, but no they're serious. :|

edit: It might be a good thing though if Mullens is able to consistently lose us games while keeping the dumb fans happy. At the very least we've been competitive so far though. If it weren't for Dunlap's zones we would have played the Mavs much closer and likely would have beat the Suns if Hendo had been playing.

DY_nasty

I'm not really ready to blame the zone entirely yet. Mullens ruins everything he touches.

You're right though. If he can keep people happy... fuck it.

Pretty sure it was a joke that Chuck was retiring.

He made comments in a magazine that he is getting tired of it ( probably Shaq).

So they naturally clowned him for it...

Or so I hope.

I'm not really ready to blame the zone entirely yet. Mullens ruins everything he touches.

You're right though. If he can keep people happy... fuck it.

Shannon Brown going off against us was an anomly, you're right about that. And before Hendo went down we were running a decent zone. Dallas just has the shooters to beat a zone, it was a dumb defense to deploy against them. And like you said earlier Biz disappears when we play zone. On the bright side though maybe it will teach him better defensive awareness the more he plays in it. MKG is a damn monster on defense though, his +/- compared to the rest of the team so far is proof of it. When (not if) he develops a shot he will be able to do it all; rebound, defend, drive, pass, and everything else. I'm so damn glad we drafted him.

Beal cried after the Celtics loss.

He's not about tank life.

He'll learn though.

Your team gave up on tanking when they got rid of Blatche and Shard and brought in Okafor and Ariza. When Wall and Nene get back you're going to start winning. I wish dy and I were there right now, but it's going to be at least another year and a half before that happens.

No you don't. Enjoy the tank... It's better than where the Wizards are heading unless Wall takes a crazy leap..

They are headed for the Sixers zone of mediocrity.

Loserbros >>>> Mediocrebros

DY_nasty

Your team gave up on tanking when they got rid of Blatche and Shard and brought in Okafor and Ariza. When Wall and Nene get back you're going to start winning. I wish dy and I were there right now, but it's going to be at least another year and a half before that happens.

I don't want to trade my freak athlete big for fucking Nene, sign Okafor and Ariza, then get smacked up as an 8th seed for 3 more years until I have to resign my bumass PG of the Future to some 40 million dollar deal.

Give me tanks plz

Pkaz01

I don't want to trade my freak athlete big for fucking Nene, sign Okafor and Ariza, then get smacked up as an 8th seed for 3 more years until I have to resign my bumass PG of the Future to some 40 million dollar deal.

Give me tanks plz

Well Jordan is just going to draft another bust so you might have bigger problems.

No you don't. Enjoy the tank... It's better than where the Wizards are heading unless Wall takes a crazy leap..

They are headed for the Sixers zone of mediocrity.

Loserbros >>>> Mediocrebros

I think Wall is going to break out this year, I really do.

But you're right, even then we're going to be Sixers good.

And ya know what, I'm fine with that. Because what the fuck else can you really do in this league? If we hadn't of gotten Nene/Okafor/Ariza we still wouldn't have been Cats bad, and the free agency class is fucking miserable.

I just want to go to the Verizon center and watch the Heat beat us in 4 games while Wall posts decent numbers, Barkley actually realizes we exist and Beal and our rooks continue to grow.

Give me tanks plz

Lets not act like Javale has actually improved with the Nuggz tho. I mean, dude is the same guy -- Still rocking a per of around 16 and being just ok on the boards. He's not even a consistent double double threat right now. He's going to be the same scrub, and Nene is clearly better--either as a tanking option by not actually being on the court and always producing rather well when he is on the floor.

And he looks like an African Lion prince with those beautiful dreads.

Thing is tho DY--I'm just embracing the future now rather than waiting around for it. You're greatest future is Kemba-Wiggins-MKG-Free Agent-Biyombo.

Your destination is a 2nd round exit at best.

Lets just go from loser-bros to mediocre-bros and try to change reality through 2k13.

Open Court is jokes. I love that Shaq takes umbrage with Chuck saying Lebron is more physically gifted than he ever was.
motherfucker, you was nice in Orlando then you was a lumbering fat ass in LA.

charsace

Open Court is jokes. I love that Shaq takes umbrage with Chuck saying Lebron is more physically gifted than he ever was.
motherfucker, you was nice in Orlando then you was a lumbering fat ass in LA.

Shaq isn't right for the show. And he makes current players look bad because people will think most guys are full of themselves like him.

I think Wall is going to break out this year, I really do.

But you're right, even then we're going to be Sixers good.

And ya know what, I'm fine with that. Because what the fuck else can you really do in this league? If we hadn't of gotten Nene/Okafor/Ariza we still wouldn't have been Cats bad, and the free agency class is fucking miserable.

I just want to go to the Verizon center and watch the Heat beat us in 4 games while Wall posts decent numbers, Barkley actually realizes we exist and Beal and our rooks continue to grow.

If Beal develops into what people think he can... You guys will be better off than us.

So there's that.

All we have is Jrue... And he already got paaaaid. So he's outta fucks.

That Turner pick man. Set us back.

But I do get what you are saying. While it was flukey as fuck I really enjoyed our playoff run last season

That Turner pick man. Set us back.

Don't feel too bad about it. Cousins probably wouldn't be alive right now if you'd drafted him. The Philly fans would have driven him to drug addiction. He just seems like the type who might have stabbed a fan or something, or get into multiple strip club fights.

Don't feel too bad about it. Cousins probably wouldn't be alive right now if you'd drafted him. The Philly fans would have driven him to drug addiction. He just seems like the type who might have stabbed a fan or something, or get into multiple strip club fights.

He would have killed Doug or the other way around.

Doug wanted Favors tho... Which is something he probably tells turner every day

shira

JOHNNY FLYNN UPDATE

16mins, 2/11 FG, 7pts, 4reb, 4ast.

NBL balls are Molten not Spalding so there's some difference. But then Patty Mills scored 28 in his NBL debut last year with the same team...

It's JONNY - no H. שָׁלוֹם

The 2010 draft was pretty average overall. Lots of decent rotation guys, but only a few real difference makers. I hope the 2013 draft will be better, but I think it's going to be similar to that draft. 2014 is going to be fucking stacked though:

The Twin Tyrekes
Kobe 2.0 Wiggins
The Mormon Assassin
Black Julius
and Aaron "that actually plays" Gordon

Hey Knux,

What is Evan Turner now?

I remember in college he was a pretty decent point forward. Did Doug strip him of that role or is he just not good enough to do it in the NBA?

17Zf0.jpg

Based Crawgod is averaging 22 on 53/42/89 in 29 mpg.

This is only a mirage, right?

I can't trust this production, right?

Also, wtf @ Dumbandre.

Yeah, I don't think Crawford can keep it up, but he should still have a pretty good season. Supposedly, this was the first offseason where he actually practiced shooting.

Dumbandre ain't looking so dumb this season. I seriously can't believe his transformation. How many of his points were even dunks last night? I just remember him nailing hook shots left and right all night long. He's also boxing out better and playing better D. What has gotten into him?

And goddamnit, why does Vinny start Willie Green? Why do our coaches always have an unhealthy obsession with starting some shit player? This is like Dunleavy always starting QRoss.

How could you possibly play Willie Green more minutes than Bledsoe?

Fuck you Vinny!

And goddamnit, why does Vinny start Willie Green? Why do our coaches always have an unhealthy obsession with starting some shit player? This is like Dunleavy always starting QRoss.

I assume it's so that his dedicated 2nd unit can gel better with their best players (Crawford and Bledsoe). Once Billups comes back, he'll take over for Willie Green. Also, he wants to space out the talent enough that he doesn't have to put too much junk out there at any given time. It's actually a strategy that I agree with, unlike a lot of what VDN does.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
MIKE BROWN GONE

RT @sam_amick: Lakers coach Mike Brown has been fired, USA TODAY Sports has learned - http://usat.ly/VN9aQ4

RT @sam_amick: Problem with link being fixed. Brown's agent, Warren LeGarie, told USA TODAY Sports Brown is gone. Source close to situation confirms too.

Top Bottom