• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.
17Zf0.jpg

Kobe don't play this. Bye suckage Brown.

Lebron James "Duh. Took them long enough"

You could tell the team lacked leadership in summerleague. two games where they should have lost by 40 points??

Hell..I want the guy that's the Hornet's coach.

The fact that you hired him completely invalidates this statement..

Pretty much.

Jim Buss is still learning though. Getting rid of Bynum was a good first step. Hiring Mike Brown...bad. Firing Mike Brown quickly and learning from that bad decision...wonderful.

Other franchises should take note. Mediocrity is not accepted in LA. Now they should introduce an offense based on the 1-5 pick n roll combined with an inside outside system around Howard with Kobe iso when it breaks down/

I think the Princenton was a terrible idea in the first place. The only suitable personnel for that offense was Gasol.

Brown's expertise is really null for this personnel and you can see why they bought in Keuster, whose role btw became a question mark when they bought in Eddie Jordan this off season. Brown was way over his head, couldn't even put together a consistent staff.

They should look into bringing in Van Gundy or Sloan. Don't even look at D'Antoni.

Seriously, though, what options do the Lakers have? SVG and Dwight Howard can't stand each other (so much so that it leads to a volatile locker room), Sloan quit because of big egos and turmoil, both of which he'd get a ton with the Lakers, D'Antoni has proven to be a terrible defensive coach... I honestly can't think of anybody that's still available.

Seriously, though, what options do the Lakers have? SVG and Dwight Howard can't stand each other (so much so that it leads to a volatile locker room), Sloan quit because of big egos and turmoil, both of which he'd get a ton with the Lakers, D'Antoni has proven to be a terrible defensive coach... I honestly can't think of anybody that's still available.

Nate?

mhi

why would Stan want anything to do with Dwight. or kobe....

His gone on record saying he still speaks with Dwight and they have a good relationship.

That was just the younger Buss's doing who is also unqualified for his position as evidence by him bending to outside pressures and firing a coach 5 games into the season.

I actually think Sloan wouldn't be that bad of a choice. Metta, Dwight, and Kobe all on the same team is tough to deal with; but they're all vets playing to win a ring so they should listen to him. He's respected enough around the league that the team should respond to him. Dwight and Kobe would eat a young, inexperienced coach alive, that shit won't fly. Buss and Mitch need to bring in a veteran coach that the team would respect.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LOL that was quick.

If only the Rockets would fire Mcshit.

mhi

SI.com: You've said your relationship with Dwight Howard is good these days, correct?

Van Gundy: Yeah, it is. We've been in touch throughout the offseason and throughout his rehab. I've kept tabs on what has been going on with him. I've said from my standpoint that my thoughts of him are all good. I don't know how many games we won here in five years but it was a lot and he was a huge factor in that thing. He did a lot for me and he was an easy guy to coach, one of the smartest players I have ever coached. He was coachable and practiced every single day. We had our differences and they became public. Had we been left to handle them on our own, I think things would have been a lot of different.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...mber-charles-barkley/index.html#ixzz2BkeMPzVD

He also told ESPN the same thing a couple weeks back.

SI.com: You've said your relationship with Dwight Howard is good these days, correct?

Van Gundy: Yeah, it is. We've been in touch throughout the offseason and throughout his rehab. I've kept tabs on what has been going on with him. I've said from my standpoint that my thoughts of him are all good. I don't know how many games we won here in five years but it was a lot and he was a huge factor in that thing. He did a lot for me and he was an easy guy to coach, one of the smartest players I have ever coached. He was coachable and practiced every single day. We had our differences and they became public. Had we been left to handle them on our own, I think things would have been a lot of different.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...mber-charles-barkley/index.html#ixzz2BkeMPzVD

He also told ESPN the same thing a couple weeks back.

To be fair, I think that's likely damage control, since he doesn't want to look like a coach that has trouble getting along with his players. Nobody wants to hire a coach that is going to have drama with his own team.

His gone on record saying he still speaks with Dwight and they have a good relationship.

That was just the younger Buss's doing who is also unqualified for his position as evidence by him bending to outside pressures and firing a coach 5 games into the season.

when? because him and his brother were on a Lebatard show a few months ago and it was anything but a "water under the bridge" kind of vibe. Stan was pissed, shit, Jeff was pissed...

mhi

To be fair, I think that's likely damage control, since he doesn't want to look like a coach that has trouble getting along with his players. Nobody wants to hire a coach that is going to have drama with his own team.

But Howard has echoed the same sentiments in post trade interviews. That both are playing the PR game, I seriously doubt. Especially Van Gundy.

when? because him and his brother were on a Lebatard show a few months ago and it was anything but a "water under the bridge" kind of vibe. Stan was pissed, shit, Jeff was pissed...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...mber-charles-barkley/index.html#ixzz2BkeMPzVD

Top Bottom