• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
COTY Mike Brown :(:(:(:(:(:(

I actually called that he'd be fired at 0-5 but 1-4 is close enough.

but D'Antoni? Oooooh babyyeeeeeeee

charsace

Didn't even get quarter of a season. Lakers management buckled under media and fan pressure. Mike Brown firing doesn't fix old, no picks, and being capped out.

You think Pat wants to put up with the Buss's shit? I expect by the end of the first week that he would punch Jeanie with his rings on.

His skin would be waving from a flag pole in front of Staples. Buss would be quick to remind Pat's color commentary ass who gave him his shot and put most of those rings on his fingers.

#GoGetYourFuckingShineBox

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
You think Pat wants to put up with the Buss's shit? I expect by the end of the first week that he would punch Jeanie with his rings on.

The same Pat Riley that worked for the Buss family as he delivered 4 championships during the 80s? Yeah, why would he ever go back to that well?

Fox318

FREE MIKE D

#PRINGLESANDTACOS

c4s_freeman121509_98586c.jpg

TACOS?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
You know who coaches old players well and scrubs....

Jeff Van Gundy.

Lakers made the right decision. It just wasn't working for reasons that just didn't make sense. People talk about this team being old--lol, the team was even worse with old knees Bynum last year and they were much more successful. It's pretty obvious that the difference and the cause of the turnovers is the offensive system thats in place right now--the Princeton is causing turnovers all over the place.

We rocked the Princeton here in D.C when Gil was the man. Shit sucks. We rarely ran it. Gil bailed us out of it with asshole threes that went in when he was in his prime.

Watch the footage of bballbreakdown for evidence. Coach Nick is basically sputtering nonsense the whole time about how it looks good, but there's some ridiculously convoluted shit going on that's adding to the turnovers, and it's easy to see why. The staff is also full of losers--Kuester, Brown, Eddie Jordan (dude was coaching a local highschool squad not long before he got this gig).

It's worthless bringing in a defensive coach. That's going to right itself once Dwight gets his legs back and guys stop turning the ball over like crazy.

People talk shit about Mike D--but he pretty much maximized the potential of that Suns team and it's not like he was exactly terrible with the Knicks. The team looked good when it was his vision of the team minus Melo, and obviously Melo pushed him and Lin out of town.

charsace

And what makes this whole thing funnier is that Kobe pushed for the princeton offense that fans and the media hate so much.

And the knicks right now run a slow version of 'Antoni's offense.

That was the worst coaching hire in the history of the Lakers. It should have been Rick Adleman.

Anyways, Brian Shaw is ok but I don't think they would Fire Brown unless they already have a NAME coach in place.

so, Phil Jackson, Jerry Sloan, You guys hate D'antoni as much as Carmelo (never understood) so I guess not him, I don't know about Gundy. That was already done, and was a circus with Howard.

Lakers made the right decision. It just wasn't working for reasons that just didn't make sense. People talk about this team being old--lol, the team was even worse with old knees Bynum last year and they were much more successful. It's pretty obvious that the difference and the cause of the turnovers is the offensive system thats in place right now--the Princeton is causing turnovers all over the place.

We rocked the Princeton here in D.C when Gil was the man. Shit sucks. We rarely ran it. Gil bailed us out of it with asshole threes that went in when he was in his prime.

Watch the footage of bballbreakdown for evidence. Coach Nick is basically sputtering nonsense the whole time about how it looks good, but there's some ridiculously convoluted shit going on that's adding to the turnovers, and it's easy to see why. The staff is also full of losers--Kuester, Brown, Eddie Jordan (dude was coaching a local highschool squad not long before he got this gig).

It's worthless bringing in a defensive coach. That's going to right itself once Dwight gets his legs back and guys stop turning the ball over like crazy.

People talk shit about Mike D--but he pretty much maximized the potential of that Suns team and it's not like he was exactly terrible with the Knicks. The team looked good when it was his vision of the team minus Melo, and obviously Melo pushed him and Lin out of town.

But Coach Nick showed how the offense, outside of a billion turnovers, has generally been effective. The Lakers problem is that they can't stop anyone.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Are you insinuating that Kobe, Gasol, Howard, Nash are scrubs?

Old players besides Howard, bench full of old scrubs/no youth. Team can't play D.

h3ro

PRINGLES! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

He just had knee replacement surgery but that shouldn't hold him back. Mike and Kobe running practices in Italian. Nash being reunited with his dad. More opportunities for pringles fun face expressions. Goosebumps.

Which one if you lakers-age heathens do I bless with my pringles pics folder. I'm thinking nori.

Fucking Lakers....

untitled-738j2g.gif
Feels like this
Give up on good coaches(Shaw, Scott, and even Rambis), hire a so so and then tell him to fuck off.. Great F'n job Lakers front office. Bastards trying to act like Jerry Jones.

Yes I'm a salty Lakers fan. Letting Shaw and Scott go elsewhere

Matrix

Get out of my head.

My friend and I were just sitting here saying this roster is tailor made for him.

UNLEASH JVG

haha

Yep, it's everything he should have had with the Rockets.

But Coach Nick showed how the offense, outside of a billion turnovers, has generally been effective. The Lakers problem is that they can't stop anyone.

Any offense is going to look OKAY in a Kobe Bryant/Dwight Howard offense.

The turnovers are signifcantly worse than any man to man or team based defensive concepts.

Just look at the stats. The writing is on the wall. TWENTY turnovers in a 10 pt loss the Clippers. That not only took away opportunities to score but gave the other team a bunch of freebies. 20 turnovers? I mean...20?

Again, the game against the Jazz. The team turned the ball over EIGHTEEN TIMES and lost within 10 points.

Portland? 24 turnovers. lol. 24 cmon bruh...thats potentially 48 points given just off of turning the ball over. That's how ridiculous it is.

This team isn't getting out on the break and it's turning the ball over like crazy.

Mike D would turn that shit around quick.

I would be surprised if they brought in a big name like Sloan or D'Antoni. For one, they still owe Brown his money, and two, it would be just as rough of a transition for a coach to make in the middle of a season with a group of guys he has no history with and that might have a completely different offensive and defensive philosophy than what is being run right now. That won't right the ship. I think we are much more likely to just see an assistant promoted to interim, hope this firing lights a fire under the teams ass and ride it out until next season when you will see them courting bigger names.

His skin would be waving from a flag pole in front of Staples. Buss would be quick to remind Pat's color commentary ass who gave him his shot and put most of those rings on his fingers.

#GoGetYourFuckingShineBox
Buss ain't about that life. Riley got his rings and got the fuck on lol.

The same Pat Riley that worked for the Buss family as he delivered 4 championships during the 80s? Yeah, why would he ever go back to that well?
Uhh why the fuck do you think he left in the first place?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I would be surprised if they brought in a big name like Sloan or D'Antoni. For one, they still owe Brown his money, and two, it would be just as rough of a transition for a coach to make in the middle of a season with a group of guys he has no history with and that might have a completely different offensive and defensive philosophy than what is being run right now. That won't right the ship. I think we are much more likely to just see an assistant promoted to interim, hope this firing lights a fire under the teams ass and ride it out until next season when you will see them courting bigger names.

AWoj said:
Lakers ownership has made it clear that buying out Brown's remaining $11M-plus and investing in new coach now won't be issue, sources say.

They make $200mil/yr off their TV contract alone. I don't think they give a shit.

Canuck76

Banned
You know who coaches old players well and scrubs....

Jeff Van Gundy.

God yes. Make Dwight unhappy as hell and hire SVG.

Honestly this is way too early though. 5 games in? May be the right choice in the long run but i think this lets the players off the hook for this season

Mike D'antoni would be weird to see on that team

You say that as if Howard has a guaranteed contract or something.

They are going all in right here and right now. New coach almost immediately I'd suspect.

Top Bottom