• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.
@WojYahooNBA
As Lakers ownership has been considering firing of Brown, Mike D'Antoni has been a prominent name discussed as replacement, sources tell Y!

@KBergCBS

Lakers are in process of appointing interim coach to replace Mike Brown, with Chuck Person having the edge over Steve Clifford, sources say.

@Mike_Bresnahan
Candidates to replace Mike Brown could include Jerry Sloan, Mike D'Antoni and...Phil Jackson. The Lakers have not contacted Jackson yet.

sloaaan, you monsters!
edit:wait? phil a candidate? bring in phil you monsters!

To be fair the Lakers only need a coach for 2 years...

But I'll admit I'd only want it to happen for the hilarity when Larry sons Dwight for some reason or another.

Larry doesn't need a reason to son you

Larry wakes up in the morning, makes coffee and sons his cat to prove he still got it.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
to all the lakers age mike brown apologist.... ead

Cause everyone saw the writing on the wall but ya'll.

Now I need this cycle of shame to come to its obvious conclusion of the Lakers hiring D'antoni thus meaning they fired one bad coach/incompetent coach for another even more bad/incompetent coach.....

Dumbfuck gone? Lakers just won the championship.

yes, dumbfuck gone! no more dumbfuck!
anigif_enhanced-buzz-14771-1339727473-0.gif
gone!

People need to stop talking about the Lakers defense right now.

They are averaging like 18 turnovers a game lol, it's almost impossible to win a single game with that many turnovers per.

shira

Doesn't Phil hate to travel. You can have a home coach and an away coach. Or phil could use that iPad facetime thing
double-robot-iPad-FSMdotCOMlkjsgfd.jpg

or star wars hologram
Review_HolographicDarthVader_still.jpg

mhi

So Eddie is def outta of the job. I say this job is Chuck's to lose but am still pulling for Keuster.

Yeah man for real!!!

I just heard Phil Jackson cancelled a speaking engagement that he was scheduled to attend next week. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

http://www.fa-mag.com/fa-news/12863-alan-alda-replacing-phil-jackson-at-schwab-impact-.html

November 08, 2012
Alan Alda Replacing Phil Jackson At Schwab IMPACT
In a last-minute development, actor Alan Alda will replace famed basketball coach Phil Jackson as the keynote speaker on the closing day of the annual Schwab Advisor Services IMPACT conference in Chicago next week, according to Bernie Clark, executive vice president, national sales manager of Schwab Advisor Services.

!!!

bjb

Banned
The Lakers are beyond embarrassing right now. I think it's worth noting they still have two of the most selfish individuals (athletes) on their team currently. Kobe Bryant, whom openly cheated on his wife. Dwight Howard who created the Dwightmare and will likely bail to Houston or Dallas at season ends.

Can't imagine any serious coach wanting to join an aging and disgruntled franchise for the long term. Even if they get back to 500. and make the playoffs, they'll be out quicker than what Dallas did to them and Phil.

The Lakers are beyond embarrassing right now. I think it's worth noting they still have two of the most selfish individuals (athletes) on their team currently. Kobe Bryant, whom openly cheated on his wife. Dwight Howard who created the Dwightmare and will likely bail to Houston or Dallas at season ends.

Can't imagine any serious coach wanting to join an aging and disgruntled franchise for the long term. Even if they get back to 500. and make the playoffs, they'll be out quicker than what Dallas did to them and Phil.

Plus they're doo-doo heads, right?

Vandiger

See. I love the Lakers, they know when to ditch a turd. If you watched games from last season to now, you would know how bad this clown was doing. Awesome.

A little mad there?

gw-close20door.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Wow crazy news about Mike Brown. I wonder how Dwight is feeling about all of this right now? His image has just nosedived in the past year and a half.

Bringing back Phil would be amazing, him and Kobe taking one last run at the chip together. I imagine it would be a situation where the only way Phil would consider it is if Kobe consented to being his bitch.

Canuck76

Banned
People saying Sloan or Nate Mac are wrong.

Those guys don't take any crap whatsoever. Nash and Kobe would be fine but they would break Howard mentally.

Also their too smart to know not to get into this mess.

Phil Jackson's out of the game, wheelchair mike won't work the entire season.

They need a coach, a coach who can deal with any amount of BS, who can deal with a circus.

A coach LA doesn't deserve, but a coach LA needs.

SVG!

Wait, Phil CANCELLED A SPEAKING APPOINTMENT? COMEBACK CONFIRMED

linsivvi

Mike Brown gone? Hurray! All the damage that Jim Buss did to the Lakers in the last few years are finally erased. Hope he learned a lesson and stay the fuck out of Mitch's way.

No Mike D please. No Mike D.

Phil or JVG or bust.

Edit: Just saw Mamba's post. For once I agree with him. :p

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

I don't want that fuck head Dwight in Houston....

yes I do.

Hall of Famer Don Nelson could be coaxed out of Maui...Zone defense, small ball,...Dwight Howard will either be turned into a 3 point shooter or have his manhood eviscerated into becoming the black Andris Beidrins.

Top Bottom