• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pkaz01

fuckkk i put the warriors to win tonight on my bet noooooooo why today? why not after the game fuck u lakers

oh hey mike brown pick n roll isnt so bad now is it? i cant see coaches like d'antoni and svg working with this lakers team not enough fire power from longe rang. pretty much only kobe and he like to chuck from post ups not 3s

Cipherr

Fuuuck I am just now hearing about Mike Brown. Holy shit just a few games into the season. This shit is bananas. Goddamn Mike Brown man, you lost....

Sloan > Phil simply because Jerry's offense suits this team much better. And something about Phil's last couple seasons makes me think he's done, whether he wants to be or not.

Cipherr

He's getting like $12M to go away and not coach for a while. He won.

shaqseriouslybro.png
Ehhh, damn I didnt know that. I guess its not that bad. Still though, if anyone else anywhere in the NBA hires this guy I will lose it.

Im hearing D'Antoni is a real possibility. Kobe wants it, and Jim Buss wants to stay away from Phil.

I think Phil said and did a few things that undermined Jim, and made Jim think "I dont care who you are, this is not your team."

giri

Im hearing D'Antoni is a real possibility. Kobe wants it, and Jim Buss wants to stay away from Phil.

I think Phil said and did a few things that undermined Jim, and made Jim think "I dont care who you are, this is not your team."

FWIW i remember reading many times that kobe was really impressed by Mike D when they talked at the olympics.

MAKE IT SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm really enjoying the laker FO meltdown.

I have no problem if he comes in to coach. He can at least use Nash the right way.

Mike Brown I just have no words. What a disaster that whole venture was. He truly had no idea what he was doing. I have never seen a coach look so lost before in my life. I would be fkn shocked if he ever got another head coaching job from anyone not named Michael Jordan.

giri

I have no problem if he comes in to coach. He can at least use Nash the right way.

Mike Brown I just have no words. What a disaster that whole venture was. He truly had no idea what he was doing. I have never seen a coach look so lost before in my life. I would be fkn shocked if he ever got another head coaching job from anyone not named Michael Jordan.

This is the NBA, i fully expect him to be coaching one of the hornets, kings, pacers, wizards, bobcats, bucks shortly.

Cipherr

This is the NBA, i fully expect him to be coaching one of the hornets, kings, pacers, wizards, bobcats, bucks shortly.

I dunno man, he seemed completely mentally bankrupt with the Lakers. Dude just looks like he shouldn't ever head coach again. I never understood the complete and utter hate for D'Antoni. I dont think he is all that great a coach, but hes not as bad as Mike Brown. Bring him in and let him coach a Nash led offense.

shira

Isn't 23 hands off basketball ops? Chow does everything without interference

Srsly

Banned
I think LBJ has surpassed MJ as best player of all time. Not even MJ could get Mike Brown CoTY with Mo Williams as his second best player.

linsivvi

i just realized how terrible everyone is doing on the pick-em. 5 people managed to go 0-12.. that takes some talent.

They didn't pick at all. And it was a night of upsets. Best result was 8-4 and there were only 4 persons over 50%. How often does that happen really?

Isn't 23 hands off basketball ops? Chow does everything without interference

I did not know that. I just had a picture of MJ licking his chops saying ohhhhhh yeahhh former coach of the year.
What a joke of an award that is by the way. Should be Best record of the year award. It has nothing to do with coaching.

snack

Tough day. I've seen coaches as well as friends come and go. No matter how many years I've been playing, it's still hard to deal with. I had a good relationship with Mike and I will continue to have one. I wish him and his family nothing but the best. I spoke with him today and thanked him for all of his hard work and sacrifice.

As a team, we must focus our energy on tonight's game. We must block out the weight of today's news and simply do our jobs to the best of our ability.

I'm not sure what direction we are heading in next. All I can do is focus on the here and now.
Mamba out

BLACK MAMBA REAL TALK

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
What does the second 'b' in your username stand for? I think I got the first two.

Betty.. It's a Too Short song

btw Bernie Bickerstff is the grim reaper..

If he is on your staff you are getting fired and he is coaching

LuchaShaq

Banned
Just want wanted to say congrats to Lakers fans for firing the second worst coach in the league.

Now Clippers please dump VDN he's even worse than Brown.

Pimpwerx

Mike Brown got fired? LOL! So who's the next coach to get fired, D'Antoni? Good luck Lakeshow. Phil Jackson isn't walking through that door. PEACE.

giri

I dunno man, he seemed completely mentally bankrupt with the Lakers. Dude just looks like he shouldn't ever head coach again. I never understood the complete and utter hate for D'Antoni. I dont think he is all that great a coach, but hes not as bad as Mike Brown. Bring him in and let him coach a Nash led offense.

Mike Brown was completely clueless at the cavs, but landed the lakers job.

You don't need Mike D to run a Nash led offense, you just need Nash.

Lakers problem isn't offense.

Nash has all those sets, and the modified gentry ones, memorised. They're locked down. If they wanted to run those, they just ask steve to turn it on.

giri

Pringles&Tacos is the only answer.

Its what Jesus would want.

Oh, i agree, i want to see it. It will be glorious to hear how Mike D, now that he's al akers coach is the best coach in the world, better than your fav, and lakers are going to drop 200 on foo's.

I then hope THEY lose to the mavs in the WCF ><

mhi

Also DA has this to say

Brown&#8217;s camp believes the decision to let him go came straight from Lakers owner Jerry Buss and not from his son, Jim, or general manager Kupchak and without any influence from Lakers star guard Kobe Bryant.

Old man dropped in for a quick slap. Makes sense since Jim is the one that hired Brown and Mitch didn't even conduct the interviews. Also Jim gave him the vote not even 2 days ago. This really looks bad for Jim.

Pimpwerx

All this talk about offense, but the Lakers' offense wasn't the problem. People bitching about the Princeton ignore that the team has shot efficiently from the field in all but the Jazz game. The Lakers' problem begins and ends with defense.

So with that established...wtf is D'Antoni's name even getting a mention? Is Lakers Age BBIQ somewhere in the cellar or something? No part of bad defense and Pringles as a fix go together. SMH. PEACE.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
On a serious note, statistically, the LA offense was fine. It had no flow at all though, was janky as hell, and underutilized what made those guys some of the best at their position ever. It's like getting all the best recievers in football to play with the best QB in the game - then having a coach tell them that they're going to be working heavy, triple option runs for 80% of the offense.

Also his lineups were just fucking retarded. He can't manage a roster at all. No one should be able to defend his bullshit when it comes to the rotations he was kicking out.

Another thing is that the defense was bad because the offense was uncoordinated. With all those turnovers, that defense being put on its heels a lot more than it should've been.

I'm not sure Sloan is the right fit. Motion offense might be okay, but Dwight and Sloan don't seem like a combo that would work in the lockerroom.

And would Phil run the triangle wish Nash? ehhh....

I think Phil would be good simply because he can manage 4 stars better than anyone else. To me it looks like the players weren't playing for Brown and I dount that would happen with Phil. Though I completely agree that getting rid of the Princeton offense to replace it with the Triangle seems a little silly considering the acquisition of Nash.

D&#8217;antoni scares me. The offence would be fun, but I doubt his ability to win in the postseason where defense becomes more important.

I like Sloan, but agree that he would be an odd choice with the personalities we have (D12).

Top Bottom