• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gotta wonder if Bazz can become the 1st overall without even playing any kind of basketball this year.

kid needs to go overseas or something, he shouldn't sit out for the entire year like Kanter did.

also, our bench is ass on defense. get the starters back out there Dunlap.

kid needs to go overseas or something, he shouldn't sit out for the entire year like Kanter did.

also, our bench is ass on defense. get the starters back out there Dunlap.

Kanter went 3rd tho. Not sure if that's a bad thing.

I also doubt he will sit out the entire year.

I could see him getting off easy.

But either way next draft is ass so he'd probably go top 5 no matter what.
POTENSHUL son

Kimba and MKG, get dem off the bench

Kanter went 3rd tho. Not sure if that's a bad thing.

I also doubt he will sit out the entire year.

I could see him getting off easy.

But either way next draft is ass so he'd probably go top 5 no matter what.
POTENSHUL son

Shabazz is the real deal, he's a scorer. I'd take him over anyone else in the draft without a second thought. I do think it's a bad idea for guys to sit though, you can't beat real gametime playing experience. Losing a year of that is no small deal. I agree with you though I don't think Shabazz will have to sit the whole year.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
is there a photo blog about the people that sit on the 1st row of basketball games?

some of the strangest looking people sit right by the scorers table at the Pacers game.

Nelo Ice

Banned
This will be glorious

Per Kevin Ding.
For Nash, pick and rolls are available within triangle. Phil also is good at saving specific P&R sets for ...
fourth quarters or even just playoff games. So Nash should be fresh to run those late in games without wearing down from lugging the ball all game long, all season long.

Nash's fantastic shooting ability will be maximized in the triangle even if his passing ability is somewhat marginalized by the triangle being a two-guard front. (Both guards can handle the ball or initiate the offense.) But don't even count on that, necessarily, because Kobe will play mostly on the wing (small forward) in the triangle to be closer to the basket and not facing the whole defense. With Metta or anyone else kinda sketchy at playing the guard position, Nash might have to initiate the offense more than Phil's usual point guards.

Phil is also open to shifting away from the triangle for longer stretches if personnel dictates it. He did that with Michael Jordan and will embrace the challenge of winning a title for the first time with a star point guard

Regarding Phil's offense for Dwight, center is easiest position in triangle to learn. Key difference between ...
Princeton and triangle is that Princeton pulls big guys away from the basket, whereas the triangle very much emphasizes the post. The real name of the triangle is actually the "triple-post offense."

So the triangle will fit Dwight, who will be way better than Andrew Bynum at running the floor for deep post position as the first option in the early offense. Dwight isn't a great passer, but he is very experienced at looking for guys from the post. Shaq wasn't a great passer either, but he got comfortable just looking for cutters and then going for what he knows or kicking it out to shooters with the floor spaced well.

Phil also would save pick-and-rolls for Kobe and Shaq (and sometimes Kobe and Pau) until the fourth quarter to gash opponents unprepared for them and unconditioned that night to defend them. Same will go for Kobe and Dwight or Nash and Dwight.

Our 3 point defense is epic levels of terrible, but in celebration of our young guys having good games so far I'm going to have a drink (or two).

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
how does he have only 1 rebound, 1 block, and 1 turnover in 10 minutes? 0s for everything else

on top of the zone that he has no idea how to play, he has to guard three people at all times because of mullens and gordon

a lesser man would've shot himself by now

Top Bottom