• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bread

Banned
Wade was not that good. His stat line paints a different story, he had a bunch of bad plays. Still, though, I was really amazed at this Boston team. They have a lot of potential, and if Lee and Barbosa step up, they will be quite a force to be recon with in the East.
no the storyline is boston sucks

get with it

jeff gomes outweighs any and all good that came from this game

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
LA

i know you're new to this, but with this lineup... no reason mwp should be taking anyone off the dribble

Feep

Banned
I love posts like these. Because they immediately discount the untimely turnovers, missteps, bad shots, defensive lapses that literally just occurred in the game that anyone could've seen.

Wade is a loooong ways from the player he was 3 years ago. He's still "good", but he's definitely not going to age as gracefully as Kobe.
Saying he'll be lucky to be the third-best player on the Heat is hyperbole of the highest order. He had four turnovers, but Wade has always been a relatively high-turnover player...3.4 per 36 minutes for his career. You could make the argument he's always been overrated, but his PER says otherwise, and did last year as well.

*incoming argument about how PER is a meaningless stat*

I can't believe the shit Cuban has surrounded Dirk with. Their only hope now I guess is that they tank the year and pull a Duncan/Spurs with a draft pick. If not, they should trade Dirk for his own good.

Tabris

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up, I am now following Basketball much closer and will be participating in this thread often.

I thought the Lakers would be up by 10 already. Offense is not flowing at all in the early going (looks like pre-season basketball to me). Howard looks kinda lost out there.

Branduil

I can't believe the shit Cuban has surrounded Dirk with. Their only hope now I guess is that they tank the year and pull a Duncan/Spurs with a draft pick. If not, they should trade Dirk for his own good.

Unfortunately the Mavs are not in Los Angeles, New York, or Miami so they'll never get free agents or non-free agents to collude their way here.

proxy.jpg

Kobe taught me.

Justin Bieber has wrinkles?

Is this a joke post? If not seriously, I'm shocked people would actually buy that bullshit. Dwight looking great BTW.

He was in the NE area for 7-8 years of his life.

That part of the quote isn't bullshit.

Get over it anyway. Players leave all the time. You are on some gilted ex-lover shit.

Smokey

That's why I said they are Houston tier aka lottery bound or middling. Hope dirk is content with that one ring.

Amazing to see considering where they were a few years ago.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Saying he'll be lucky to be the third-best player on the Heat is hyperbole of the highest order. He had four turnovers, but Wade has always been a relatively high-turnover player...3.4 per 36 minutes for his career. You could make the argument he's always been overrated, but his PER says otherwise, and did last year as well.

*incoming argument about how PER is a meaningless stat*

Incoming argument about how did you watch the game? Wade being gingerly around the rim isn't what made him an MVP candidate. Wade getting took off the dribble by guys that shouldn't have the ball in the first place, being redundant with James around, Bosh becoming consistent, along with Ray and Chalmers both being better for Miami's system, etc

By all means, discuss something that has nothing to do with how Wade has looked on the court during the game, the preseason, our how Wade looked for most of last year.

Dude isn't helping anymore. He's just there - and redundant. Miami should've dealt him before he starts looking like Allan Houston without the jumpshot. SGs not named Kobe or MJ fall off fast.

Top Bottom