• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Babalu.

kobe and nash looking good out there.

my worry is gasol is looking a little lost out there. he is going to need to find his place with all the changes . I see him opening up more with the 2nd unit.

I dont want to see him shooting threes.

and obligatory FUCK DIRECTV.

i want my lakers channel

I hear you but no one is going to willingly go to Cleveland if teams in LA, Miami, NY and such are available. Not much you can do about it.

Hopefully the new cap helps this but let's face it if given the choice between those cities and Detroit (no offense). The choice is obvious.

Also Our teams are in good markets but we make shit decisions in FA/draft. And Dallas put all their bets on pulling a Miami and it backfired hard..no sympathy from me. Dallas gave up for a chance at a superteam and it blew up on them. Cuban can only blame himself for that shit.

Hopefully the superteam shit dies down with the new rules hitting and less superstars left to move. Durant and Rose seem loyal to a fault. Love might bail tho. LMA might get firesaled. But we will see......

Very, very true. OKC is the ideal situation for small markets. Suck for a few years and gain stars through the draft.

For example:

I think Greg Monroe will eventually sign an extension with the Pistons. However, if he was a free agent that was drafted elsewhere there is no way he would look at Detroit.

$20 mil a year for Villanueva+ Ben Gordon is what happens when you have an unappealing market....never forget...... :(

Chandler isn't even as good as the Laker's third-best player. You act like what other teams do even matters when 3 teams have have like 9 of the 10 best players.

Whatever he was, he was good enough to help the Mavs get a ring, only your team was stupid enough to blow that up in favor of cap space to try and lure these non-existant free agents you speak of. So what does that say about your front office? Are they unlucky or just stupid?

Very, very true. OKC is the ideal situation for small markets. Suck for a few years and gain stars through the draft.

For example:

I think Greg Monroe will eventually sign an extension with the Pistons. However, if he was a free agent that was drafted elsewhere there is no way he would look at Detroit.

$20 mil a year for Villanueva+ Ben Gordon is what happens when you have an unappealing market....never forget...... :(

I'm not even a Pistons fan...in fact I didn't like you guys too much (Yall used to beat us for free) but I will never forgive Dumars for those contracts.

seriously wtf.

Branduil

Whatever he was, he was good enough to help the Mavs get a ring, only your team was stupid enough to blow that up in favor of cap space to try and lure these non-existant free agents you speak of. So what does that say about your front office? Are they unlucky or just stupid?

It says they were stupid enough to believe that premiere free agents will ever sign with any team outside of three cities.

charsace

Chandler isn't even as good as the Laker's third-best player. You act like what other teams do even matters when 3 teams have have like 9 of the 10 best players.

You post reeks of regret and fail my dude. You know you miss defensive player of the year and Olympian Tyson Chandler.

It wasn't because Tyson came that they won, it's that Jet finally grew some fuckings nuts and started playing like a second option; a first for Dirk to have by his side. Also Dirk had arguably one of the best postseasons by any player, so Tyson wouldn't have done shit for that team last year because Dirk was fat and sassy from winning the year before.

That's part of the problem I see with Dwight. 2 fouls already in the 1st quarter, if that happens on the playoffs, Lakers lose his defensive presence and turn into 2011-bad Lakers.

It says they were stupid enough to believe that premiere free agents will ever sign with any team outside of three cities.

Deron was going to sign with Dallas though, until he realized that Joe Johnson and filler was better than whatever the fuck Cuban was doing with the roster.

Top Bottom