• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jarlaxle

Feel bad for Warrick. Good guy, just never landed on the right team at the right time.

Yeah, I could see him putting up all star numbers on this team:

fn_De_Soto_varsity_JV_730_t460.jpg

i'm worried for the Heat if they keep winning by such small margins. almost every game is a nail-biting battle.

Honestly even if Miami was the 8th seed I still wouldn't be worried. Beating that team in a 4/7 still seems hard as fuck to me. Last night we saw a glimpse of LeBron doing the whole MJ thing of "move the fuck out of my way and watch me bring this home."

Yea I'm not betting against them in a 7 game series.

KingGondo

Banned
Thunder Stats & Info said:
OKC's worst lineup this season has been their starting 5, which have logged 134 minutes together and are a -10.
Why does everyone seem to notice this except Brooks?

Keeping that lineup in the game until late in the 3rd quarter almost cost us the game against Detroit last night.

You guys won't be laughing when human cloning is legal and every team has 3 Dwight Howards.

In the land of Dwight Howards, the team with The Kendrick Perkins shall reign.

Why does everyone seem to notice this except Brooks?

Keeping that lineup in the game until late in the 3rd quarter almost cost us the game against Detroit last night.

What's the most efficient lineup for them? Thabo and Perkins are so terrible offensively. Those two really ruin the flow of the offense.

You guys won't be laughing when human cloning is legal and every team has 3 Dwight Howards.

In the land of Dwight Howards, the team with The Kendrick Perkins shall reign.

The funny thing is that Dwight's career numbers against Perk are 16/12 on 52% shooting. Not nearly his best but the way Perk's value gets talked up you'd think he shuts him down or something. Perk is just a big body that lets you play Dwight one on one. There is some value in that but it's nowhere near what OKC is paying for a guy that is a worthless paperweight in the other 95% of the games they play.

Nelo Ice

Banned
http://www.nba.com/lakers/features/121113kupchak-addresses-coaching-decision

Q: On what took place with Phil Jackson:
Kupchak: Much has been made of the perceived agreement to wait until Monday. The actual way it took place after a basketball discussion was, 'Where are we now?,' and Phil said he needed more time. I asked him how much more time, and he said he'd get back to (us) on Monday. I said, 'Phil, I have a job to do and I'm going to have to continue my search and interview candidates.' He nodded that he understood. Maybe herein lies a little bit of the misunderstanding. As it was reported, we never offered a job, and he never indicated he would coach the team. It was a basketball discussion revolving around a lot of questions. So we did what I indicated we would do, which is when I left Phil's house, I began discussions with Mike D'Antoni on Saturday afternoon, and we also set up an interview with another candidate for Sunday. All day Sunday, Jim and I and Dr. Buss (from another location) continued to discuss what the (best move) would be. After multiple phone calls with Mike D'Antoni on Sunday afternoon, at 5 or 6 o'clock on Sunday, we made the decision that Mike D'Antoni was going to be the next coach of the Lakers.It revolved almost completely around the personnel that we have on the team and the style of play we saw going forward for the team. Of course we took into consideration a structured offense, which is what we went through with Mike Brown. We looked at our personnel – without going into great detail, some of our guys I don't think would be successful in the triangle, (and) some of our new players might take a long time to learn the triangle. So we decided Mike would (be the coach).

Had Phil Jackson expressed definitive interest to take the job during the Saturday meeting, Kupchak said and Jim Buss would have "immediately" huddled with Dr. Buss, and "decided what we were going to do." When that didn't happen, Kupchak called two other candidates, starting with Mike D'Antoni, and became more and more convinced as they spoke to D'Antoni further. Kupchak said that ultimately, they had to "come to grips with" saying no to Phil Jackson, which was not easy, especially since there was such a groundswell of support for the Hall of Famer, even extending to chants during games.

On what was discussed in the meeting with Jackson:
Kupchak: There was no discussion of salary in the meeting. I don't know why there would be. The job wasn't offered, and he didn't say he wanted the job. We touched briefly on personnel input, which he would hope that he'd have more input. And we talked about the rigors of travel in the NBA. But there was no demands or in depth discussion about missing games. Missing games because of travel was not discussed.

Smokey

So the Rockets literally have no idea where royce white is

He wasn't at the game last night and not at practice today. They don't know where he is when they were asked about it

giri

So the Rockets literally have no idea where royce white is

He wasn't at the game last night and not at practice today. They don't know where he is where the asked about it

I wonder if they can waive him / declare him a medical retirement and just get him off their books and not pay him?

Guy seems a lost cause. Well... It seems either a lost cause for the rockets, or him being around a professional sports franchise at all.

KingGondo

Banned
jeff green > perk
I'd rather have Perk at $8-10 million than Jeff Green at the same.

At least Perk provides specific skills and is consistent... Jeff Gomes is utterly unremarkable in every way.

And for those gasping at his pay, it's not exactly cramping our payroll now that Harden is gone.

If only I could turn back time and un-rescind the Tyson Chandler trade.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

At least Perk provides specific skills and is consistent... Jeff Gomes is utterly unremarkable in every way.

And for those gasping at his pay, it's not exactly cramping our payroll now that Harden is gone.

Well, duh.

I don't know. It seems like he's overpaid for 5 points and 6 rebounds a game. His defense also seems to disappear in crucial moments.

Chandler would of barked at Westbrook.

KingGondo

Banned
Then..... party at his place. Bitch is gettin paid!
I'll even fly your hater ass in from Down Under.

See how nice I am?

SoulPlaya said:
Well, duh.

I don't know. It seems like he's overpaid for 5 points and 6 rebounds a game. His defense also seems to disappear in crucial moments.
He's overpaid... but as Ninja Scooter said--he allows you to play guys like Marc Gasol and Dwight with one defender, making it much harder for the other team to take advantage of double-teams. The rest of our team is good enough to make up for him when there's not a true center for him to match up with. The problem is that Brooks plays him indiscriminately, whether there's a good matchup for him (Lakers) or not (Heat).

I don't mind having him on the Thunder from a leadership and swagger perspective (not to mention his aforementioned ability to handle true centers down low).

He's gonna be on the team for the next few years, so getting upset is like yelling at clouds for Thunder fans.

giri

I'll even fly your hater ass in from Down Under.

See how nice I am?

LoL, i may think YNB is the most over rated player in the NBA but i actually think outside of OKC, perks is under rated for what he brings to that specific team.

That doesn't mean he's not overpaid, but the only other person who can do what he does, is collison, and he does it with even slightly worse athleticism.

Top Bottom