• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

entremet

I freaking hate the NCAA. Why in the world do they make the athletes repay the money that was given to them? Why not fine the institutions that recruited them?

The NCAA disciplinary board has been a joke for a long time. Don't get me started on their nonsense of still being deluded that a college education is enough payment for these student athletes when it makes billions of dollars of their backs.

man...what the fuck did the Raptors get in return for a lottery pick?

Was it one of those really dumb shortsided deals during the Bosh era where they give up an unprotected 1st 5 years down the road?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
man...what the fuck did the Raptors get in return for a lottery pick?

Was it one of those really dumb shortsided deals during the Bosh era where they give up an unprotected 1st 5 years down the road?

Kyle Lowry.

The only good side of the pick being traded is it's top 3 protected this year, top 2 protected next and then #1 pick protected the 2 years after that. If after all that the pick still isn't taken then the last year it's unprotected.

Flash

Kyle Lowry.

The only good side of the pick being traded is it's top 3 protected this year, top 2 protected next and then #1 pick protected the 2 years after that. If after all that the pick still isn't taken then the last year it's unprotected.

and when we should legit tank we get up picking 8th or whatever. urghhh whatever, I hope the media is killing BC now that all eyes are on them. But I doubt it... the guy has the biggest leash I've ever seen.

And when will we give up on Bargnani? That's the worst part... look at the Lakers - Mike Brown doesn't work out in a week? GONE. Now Let's see Bargnani in his SEVENTH year: still one of the worst rebounders in the game, inefficient as hell (one of the worst big man shooting percentages I've ever seen), shoddy defense, seemingly no work ethic and yet he's still our "franchise player".

And why pick Ross if you got no interest in playing him?? Then they go on to overpay Derozan who plays the same position as Ross that same off-season. WTF? Why not pick a god damn small forward like Lamb or something instead of signing ans starting Landry Fucking Fields. Or get a project big man like Drummond or something. So annoying...

Flash

Favors seriously made Bargs look just foolish...

the guy at best is a 6th man spark plug or an effective 3rd/4th option if paired with a defensive minded center.

he needs way too many conditions to be somewhat successful - you don't go out of your way to appease guys like that.

Flash

we can't be perennial playoff fodder and we can't tank properly (at least when it matters).

Last few years have been a huge waste of time for the franchise and the fans... pathetic.

The NCAA disciplinary board has been a joke for a long time. Don't get me started on their nonsense of still being deluded that a college education is enough payment for these student athletes when it makes billions of dollars of their backs.

Amen brother, I couldn't agree more.

Kyle Lowry.

shit

raptors fans have it bad

and when we should legit tank we get up picking 8th or whatever. urghhh whatever, I hope the media is killing BC now that all eyes are on them. But I doubt it... the guy has the biggest leash I've ever seen.

And when will we give up on Bargnani? That's the worst part... look at the Lakers - Mike Brown doesn't work out in a week? GONE. Now Let's see Bargnani in his SEVENTH year: still one of the worst rebounders in the game, inefficient as hell (one of the worst big man shooting percentages I've ever seen), shoddy defense, seemingly no work ethic and yet he's still our "franchise player".

And why pick Ross if you got no interest in playing him?? Then they go on to overpay Derozan who plays the same position as Ross that same off-season. WTF? Why not pick a god damn small forward like Lamb or something instead of signing ans starting Landry Fucking Fields. Or get a project big man like Drummond or something. So annoying...
yep, Barg gives no fucks, he's happy collecting his pay cheques. he'd never be more than the third or fourth banana on a serious team.

Why are you all so mean to ClovingWestbrook?

It's not his fault that sister is getting work from Plaschke when he's the one who really wants it.

He's being eaten up inside with jealousy.

Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki's rehab from arthroscopic knee surgery is not progressing as quickly as he hoped and anticipated.

Ruh roh.

So athletes in cold weather climates tend to get hurt more than athletes in warm weather climates? Who would have thought that? Seriously, old people move to Arizona for a reason (and it's not just because it's cheaper). I personally prefer colder weather, but I know it's probably not that good for people concerned about wear and tear on their bodies. It just seems that muscles and tendons already go through a lot of expanding and contracting on their own without having to worry about the additional expansion and contraction due to going from very cold at rest to very warm on the court. While Phoenix may have a great medical staff, it definitely helps that their muscles never really cool down that much, so there's less wear and tear involved in the transition from rest to active and back again.

So athletes in cold weather climates tend to get hurt more than athletes in warm weather climates? Who would have thought that? Seriously, old people move to Arizona for a reason (and it's not just because it's cheaper). I personally prefer colder weather, but I know it's probably not that good for people concerned about wear and tear on their bodies. It just seems that muscles and tendons already go through a lot of expanding and contracting on their own without having to worry about the additional expansion and contraction due to going from very cold at rest to very warm on the court. While Phoenix may have a great medical staff, it definitely helps that their muscles never really cool down that much, so there's less wear and tear involved in the transition from rest to active and back again.

This is why the Clippers' injury history has been so tremendous.

Phil Jackson got that fantastically awkward midnight wake-up call from Mitch Kupchak – and got the news that the job Jackson absolutely thought was his to lose had already been won by Mike D'Antoni.
So stunned and groggy was Jackson that he didn't even really ask why. He did manage to straighten up enough to land a typical Jackson straight jab when Kupchak said Jerry Buss, Jim Buss and he all believed D'Antoni was the best coach for the Lakers now.
"I don't," Jackson said. "But OK."
lol

This is why the Clippers' injury history has been so tremendous.

I'm not saying that climate is the only factor. It certainly doesn't help when you have an owner that doesn't care about his athletes in the slightest. Still, I think that climate is an often overlooked factor when it comes to team injuries. With all that being said, I can't really blame the Clippers for Hill being hurt. He's been injury prone his entire career and is out due to knee surgery that he underwent while still on the Suns.

JJ and Roy are supposed to be back tomorrow and Pekovic said after the game that he should be good.

But who needs them when we have defensive ace Malcolm Lee?
Lee has looked great over the last few games. If there's any silver lining to all of our guards going down it's that Adelman's being forced to play him.

I can see where you're coming from with this logic, but it hasn't really been that cold yet this year in MN. We've had maybe one or two sub 30 F days--besides that it's been cool but not cold.

giri

I freaking hate the NCAA. Why in the world do they make the athletes repay the money that was given to them? Why not fine the institutions that recruited them?

Here's a better idea.

Fuck off to europe and play there if you want to earn money.

If we loan you some medical staff, could you loan us some talent?

NO.

Matt Barnes, Butler and Odom. It's only fair that they give you the ex-Lakers.

Just because the lakers are stock piling old suns staff, doesn't mean we want old laker trash.

Top Bottom