• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dallas has some solid pieces tho.

I like Mayo and Collison. Wright finally looks like he's gotten over MJ sonning him on draft day too.

Too bad about Curry and Vince literally weighing them down tho.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If only Mike Brown wasn't known to be terrible at managing minutes and rotations...
What? Kobe has had entire seasons of playing like Wade did tonight. Wade has these kinds of nights every now and then, but not that much. Despite an admittedly bad night, he was still 10-22 from the field. That's not bad for an off night. PEACE.

I'm not about to make excuses for a guy who looked nothing like the player he was 2 years for 3 playoff rounds and looks to be on the same downhill track through the offseason/preseason.

Should've sold high. If Peyton can get traded, so can Wade.

and that Cuban couldn't even be bothered to show up to the pitch meeting. But no, Brandy is right. Poor small market Dallas can't attract free agents. I mean, look at how the Rangers and Cowboys struggle to get big name free agents.

Cuban gave up once he knew he couldn't get Dwight. He realized that two all-stars isn't even good enough for a WCF or ECF these days. Getting Deron would have just created unrealistic expectations. Dirks done caring too, got married last summer and has no shits left to give. Lakers had 3 all-stars last year and got sonned.

There's nothing wrong with LA and Miami getting what's theirs, but lets be real here, competitive balance in this league is fucked.

ITS A NEW ERA

The era of why try.

It's what makes what OKC did seem insane. It's literally almost impossible to acquire the assets they did via the draft, and they want to act cheap all of a sudden. Gondo should be pissed.

charsace

I still don't understand why he doesn't.

Dude is years out of practice and yet he can still get deep position easily and his post game still looks good. He's seriously the biggest waste of talent the league has ever seen. He wouldn't be struggling to make a team if he was even a little bit competitive.

Villanueva, no fucking clue...

Gordon, he ignored the rest of his career and just watched that '09 Celtics playoff series...

But, you guys are kicking the Pistons ass now...

Thad Young would be in the Hall of Fame if he played against the Pistons for 82 games, lol

Lol Thad is a guy who destroys certain teams and then gets sonned by others.

I call him Thaddeous Gibson-Bass after his soul got took by them in the playoffs.

But yeah I know the feel of poor FA periods. Keith Van Horn was the best guy we got to play next to A.I.....yeah.

You do realize that the NFL and MLB are different sports, right?

I mean if the NBA actually cared about parity, yeah, things would be different. But Stern and his cronies don't and never will care about that.

Yeah it must be that. It can't be the fact that Cuban had future all star/MVP/hall of famer Steve Nash and let him walk because he preferred Erick Dampier, and had all star/DPOTY/future Olympian Tyson Chandler and let him walk because he had some free agency cap space pipe dream. Don't try and play the poor card. Cav fans, TWolve fans, Buck fans, they can play the woe is me poor card. Those kinds of teams WISH they could turn away a Steve Nash or Tyson Chandler. A fan of a team coming off a championship 2 years ago and that has had top players and let them walk for nothing, you can STFU.

Branduil

Cuban gave up once he knew he couldn't get Dwight. He realized that two all-stars isn't even good enough for a WCF or ECF these days. Getting Deron would have just created unrealistic expectations. Dirks done caring too, got married last summer and has no shits left to give. Lakers had 3 all-stars last year and got sonned.

There's nothing wrong with LA and Miami getting what's theirs, but lets be real here, competitive balance in this league is fucked.

ITS A NEW ERA

The era of why try.

It's what makes what OKC did seem insane. It's literally almost impossible to acquire the assets they did via the draft, and they want to act cheap all of a sudden. Gondo should be pissed.

Pretty much.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Dallas has some solid pieces tho.

I like Mayo and Collison. Wright finally looks like he's gotten over MJ sonning him on draft day too.

Too bad about Curry and Vince literally weighing them down tho.

Kaman's not a bad pickup actually, good rebounder at the very least. Collison, Mayo, Marion, Dirk, Kaman, not as bad as the hype at all.

edit- also conflicted tonight, got Dwight on my fantasy team, and really like Jamison a lot, like to see him doin well, and good to see Nash with some talent around him. Makin it look easy out there.

Branduil

Yeah it must be that. It can't be the fact that Cuban had future all star/MVP/hall of famer Steve Nash and let him walk because he preferred Erick Dampier, and had all star/DPOTY/future Olympian Tyson Chandler and let him walk because he had some free agency cap space pipe dream. Don't try and play the poor card. Cav fans, TWolve fans, Bobcat fans, they can play the woe is me poor card. A fan of a team coming off a championship 2 years ago and that has had top players and let them walk for nothing, you can STFU.

Then let the Cavs and Bobcats fans say this to me. Why is it always the Lakers fans saying fans should know their place? You guys were born on a high horse and act like you climbed it yourself.

Then let the Cavs and Bobcats fans say this to me. Why is it always the Lakers fans saying fans should know their place? You guys were born on a high horse and act like you climbed it yourself.

We did. We endured more heartbreak as a franchise in the 60s than you have in your entire existence. We earned our stripes. Losing to the Celtics in the finals almost every single year? GTFO. I remember like it was yesterday...

You have the most spendful owner in the league, have won a title in the last 2 years, have had a hall of famer who actually STAYED with your team instead of leaving for another....you are part of the 1%. Stop trying to act like you live in the poor house.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

meh. Cuban gambled and lost.

I'm not mad at LA really. Owners in general are stupid.
We did. We endured more heartbreak as a franchise in the 60s than you have in your entire existence. We earned our stripes. Losing to the Celtics in the finals almost every single year? GTFO. I remember like it was yesterday...

your couch wasn't even made in the 60s

charsace

LOL curry has no lateral movement. He's like a giant barrel out there.

He's moving pretty well for a guy that hasn't played for years and his guarding one of the quickest centers in the league. Too bad Curry isn't a man because he could goon Dwight up real good. Or maybe the Mavs are saving it for the second half.

Feep

Banned
Incoming argument about how did you watch the game? Wade being gingerly around the rim isn't what made him an MVP candidate. Wade getting took off the dribble by guys that shouldn't have the ball in the first place, being redundant with James around, Bosh becoming consistent, along with Ray and Chalmers both being better for Miami's system, etc

By all means, discuss something that has nothing to do with how Wade has looked on the court during the game, the preseason, our how Wade looked for most of last year.

Dude isn't helping anymore. He's just there - and redundant. Miami should've dealt him before he starts looking like Allan Houston without the jumpshot. SGs not named Kobe or MJ fall off fast.
His mere presence discourages heavy double-teaming of Lebron, which most teams could get away with as long as they have a lockdown defender on Bosh's pick-and-rolls. He also takes over as scoring leader when Lebron is sitting (which, I'll admit, is rare, considering Lebron's freakish conditioning), is one of the best shotblocking guards in history, an excellent passer, and scores efficiently.

I'm not saying he had a good game, or a great last year, but the sample size you're drawing from is all kinds of small. In any case, he looked fine. Way better than last year's playoffs (minus a few games).

Branduil

You have the most spendful owner in the league, have won a title in the last 2 years, have had a hall of famer who actually STAYED with your team instead of leaving for another....you are part of the 1%. Stop trying to act like you live in the poor house.

Not the poor house but it's nowhere near the 1%. When Dallas gets the best center in the league to collude his way here, then you can call us the 1%.

Top Bottom