• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

etiolate

Banned
Is this real life?

tumblr_mdii8xF64J1qm8pjco1_500.jpg

"Yeah, lemme get the Toad. Yeah, Toad from Super Mario Bros."

"Your All-Star Center is in another Castle."

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Derrick Williams and Malcolm Lee were a combined 6-24 from the field and 8-13 from the line, with most of their misses being layups, dunks, or uncontested jumpers.

Omega

Banned
does heat-age only post during a win?
great win by the clips.
they're legit.
hallway series at the WCF. leggo

it's better like this.

laker-age demands for everyone besides Kobe to get cut/traded/amnestied/assassinated whenever they lose. don't want heat-age doing the same shit

PBY

Banned
it's better like this.

laker-age demands for everyone besides Kobe to get cut/traded/amnestied/assassinated whenever they lose. don't want heat-age doing the same shit

These games don't mean shit. That being said, there are issues to take note of, ie defense, which can be fixed. And the clips showed up, GG clipsage .

I'm falling in love with Kaman. If we can't have a great defensive center, fine. Might as well have a guy who can score on his own. Kaman and Dirk is going to be the best offensive frontcourt this year. Maybe Pau and Dwight will figure things out and surpass them.

Wade has had good games this year. He sucks when he tries to play hurt or ailing. When/if he gets completely healthy he'll be alright. He may be injured frequently enough that he could drop off tremendously in a season or two though
this.
Ray was absolutely destroyed by Crawford there.... When Crawford was signed by LAC I felt bad, thought he was all done, but he's proven me wrong so far.

The problem is he hasn't began to adapt to that style of play, in fact he's completely abandoned his 3 point shot... some players never really make that transition. He really should cool it with trying to be a high flier still, but whatever his career.
Abandoning his three point shot is probably the best thing he ever done.
Wade has no jumper and no high post game

And injures are taking their toll

But his game is almost the same as it was coming out of college

Is what I am talking about

Wade has a great midrange J, well above league average for SGs. I really don't see why he needs a high post game as an relatively undersized 2 guard. His low-post game is certainly not something he came in with.

He's been injured since the ATL game and really wasn't guaranteed to play tonight. Prior to that he was looking as great as he's ever been.

Herpes Reasons said:
does heat-age only post during a win?great win by the clips.
they're legit.
hallway series at the WCF. leggo
I would but I can't even watch the game. I really get fucked over by the time zone. Its hard enough trying to wake up and watch the 7/8pm games. This late night shit is horrible.

Puddles

Banned
Always good to see LeBron and the Heat get their shit pushed in on national television. I wish it could happen more often. They're extremely lucky to be 6-3, but I have a feeling that they won't play this shitty for most of the season.

It would be nice if Benedict Allen would just get old already. Fuck that guy.

Always good to see LeBron and the Heat get their shit pushed in on national television. I wish it could happen more often. They're extremely lucky to be 6-3, but I have a feeling that they won't play this shitty for most of the season.

It would be nice if Benedict Allen would just get old already. Fuck that guy.

LeBron totally did not get his shit pushed in. Wade and Bosh yea, but LeBron been beasting all season. And I think everyone knows by this point that Miami is just a crappy regular season team. Even in the last two years where they made the finals they weren't even the top seed in the east.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
LeBron totally did not get his shit pushed in. Wade and Bosh yea, but LeBron been beasting all season. And I think everyone knows by this point that Miami is just a crappy regular season team. Even in the last two years where they made the finals they weren't even the top seed in the east.

so the lack of defense is just something to skim over this year?

ISOM

The heat are just lucky that they aren't in the west multiple teams would be taking them to 7 games and possible a first or second round exit.

The heat are just lucky that they aren't in the west multiple teams would be taking them to 7 games and possible a first or second round exit.
LOL. This again?
even though these last 2 years making it to the finals the Heat emphasized defense?
Its the regular season.
:3

Bloodsoe block on D-Flop was nice.

Griffin with the nice breakout game this year too.

Clippers look legit.

Mini-Lebron.

:3

Bloodsoe block on D-Flop was nice.

Griffin with the nice breakout game this year too.

Clippers look legit.

I dunno how you used to do it/still do it now, Adam. I've adjusted my sleep cycle to match my gf's now that she's doing her clerkships, and I can't stay up late enough to watch the games anymore. It's even worse now that I'm on the east coast with games starting at 10:30 ET. That said, I'm happy the team is starting to gel. Bledsoe is turning into a solid backup and Crawford is beastly off the bench. Do you think they keep Chauncey off the bench or eventually have him replace Green?

Maybe it's best I don't watch, they seem to be doing pretty well since I've stopped. Last game I saw was against the Warriors.

Woke up to see doom and gloom for a team that's 6-3. Bravo Best Gaf bravo
Btw OKC got fucked as much as the Heat last night

LOL its hilarious. When has this Big-3 era heat team ever not sleepwalk through the season? The only one who looks like he gives a fuck is LBJ and who knows how long that'll last. Whatever, wake me in June.

h3ro

I dunno how you used to do it/still do it now, Adam. I've adjusted my sleep cycle to match my gf's now that she's doing her clerkships, and I can't stay up late enough to watch the games anymore. It's even worse now that I'm on the east coast with games starting at 10:30 ET. That said, I'm happy the team is starting to gel. Bledsoe is turning into a solid backup and Crawford is beastly off the bench. Do you think they keep Chauncey off the bench or eventually have him replace Green?

Maybe it's best I don't watch, they seem to be doing pretty well since I've stopped. Last game I saw was against the Warriors.

Adam doesn't watch games either. He just looks at the box score and the gifs posted on GAF.

its pretty much impossible to watch regular season basketball if you work full time away from home

Especially on the east coast--it's like hey, really looking forward to that Lakers/Heat game that comes on at 10:30 and runs until like fucking 2 in the morning..X_X.

I catch up with what I can on the weekends with league pass.

giri

LOL its hilarious. When has this Big-3 era heat team ever not sleepwalk through the season? The only one who looks like he gives a fuck is LBJ and who knows how long that'll last. Whatever, wake me in June.

yeah, it's a nice story you're pushing, and pushing hard, but they cared.

LBJ wants his MVP and DPOTY accolades.

They want home court.

They specifically went hard in the regular season last year to make a statement and to try and prove that they've worked out their offensive problems from the previous years finals and LBJ can handle the 4th quarter.

The first year they were desperate for confirmation and recognition, and when shit fell apart at the start of the regular season they imploded, asking for the coach to be fired and all.

They didn't just get the 2 seed twice, winning 70% of their games and "not giving a fuck".

You can say they're obviously not trying this year. Cause they aren't. Their defense looks horrible, and they're relying on bombing a lot of 3's at the moment, taking an extra 6 3pt attempts a game compared to last year. basically, they're hoping to just run teams off the court with offense.

I'm not so sure thats going to work for them. But they SHOULD be able to turn their defense on come play off time. Should.

I love this word.
I'm going to use it at every opportunity.

... :(

Archie Goodwin, Rodney Purvis, Alex Abrines, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope here we come :|

I think Hendo will be traded before too long, we'll bring in a scrub to replace him. The tank is still on. The lineups we played at the end of the game last night is proof of it.

Pkaz01

yeah, it's a nice story you're pushing, and pushing hard, but they cared.

LBJ wants his MVP and DPOTY accolades.

They want home court.

They specifically went hard in the regular season last year to make a statement and to try and prove that they've worked out their offensive problems from the previous years finals and LBJ can handle the 4th quarter.

The first year they were desperate for confirmation and recognition, and when shit fell apart at the start of the regular season they imploded, asking for the coach to be fired and all.

They didn't just get the 2 seed twice, winning 70% of their games and "not giving a fuck".

You can say they're obviously not trying this year. Cause they aren't. Their defense looks horrible, and they're relying on bombing a lot of 3's at the moment, taking an extra 6 3pt attempts a game compared to last year. basically, they're hoping to just run teams off the court with offense.

I'm not so sure thats going to work for them. But they SHOULD be able to turn their defense on come play off time. Should.

In other words they got their ring and they aint hungry no more

Top Bottom