• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.
I know we need to keep the tank running, but it's too early in the season to be worried about our lottery odds. Nothing wrong with enjoying some wins early on in the year.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I know we need to keep the tank running, but it's too early in the season to be worried about our lottery odds. Nothing wrong with enjoying some wins early on in the year.

naw homie

that "we'll tank when its time" shit is what did Indiana and Philly in. I hope we go 0-75 from here on. Detroit, Sacramento, Washington, Portland, Orlando, and Phoenix are about to put us in no man's land when the draft rolls around. I'm not trying to draft another Gerald Henderson because our pick is too bad to trade down and not good enough to land someone worth a shitty season. Every loss counts.

naw homie

that "we'll tank when its time" shit is what did Indiana and Philly in. I hope we go 0-75 from here on. Detroit, Sacramento, Washington, Portland, Orlando, and Phoenix are about to put us in no man's land when the draft rolls around. I'm not trying to draft another Gerald Henderson because our pick is too bad to trade down and not good enough to land someone worth a shitty season. Every loss counts.

You're right, the loss column that is tallied at the end of the season is going to count. That said we tried to lose against the Wolves, but Kemba ruined that plan. I think we'll have to play Biyombo and Tyrus a lot more if we want to consistently lose.

Players don't want to tank because it makes them look bad and makes them less likely to get a big contract.

That means we need to get rid of Henderson as soon as possible. Who wants him?

naw homie

he's not totally wrong though. Outside of some of the best draft classes, anything outside of the number 1 pick was kind of a shit fest. It's going to come down to good GM work unless you get the sure thing--otherwise you end up picking Turner over Cousins, Thompson over Valancuinas, Vesely over Kawhi/Klay, etc.

I bet Turner has one of those really nice games he has every month or so.

no really.. watch it happen.

Has it been five games since his last good game?

then maybe...but i doubt it.

dude sucks

he's not totally wrong though. Outside of some of the best draft classes, anything outside of the number 1 pick was kind of a shit fest. It's going to come down to good GM work unless you get the sure thing--otherwise you end up picking Turner over Cousins, Thompson over Valancuinas, Vesely over Kawhi/Klay, etc.

Do you really think the Cousins/Collins match would end in anything but dead bodies?

It was Turner, Favors (who Doug wanted) or .....Wes (thank god we dodged that bullet). Cousins would have killed someone by now in Philly.

It was Turner, Favors (who Doug wanted) or .....Wes (thank god we dodged that bullet). Cousins would have killed someone by now in Philly.

It would come down to a dice roll-- either he dies, or he lives long enough to see himself become the villiain. Best thing about the second part is that he gets Collins the boot.

In bizzaro world: Jrue, Nick Young, Iggy, Josh Smith, Cousins future?

How far does that squad go.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Its not even about the #1 pick. We're never getting that. The drop off from #5 to #8 is massive though and don't pretend otherwise.

Who would you have wanted ?

I wanted Turner.

Was hyped as fuck. Though he would be Brandon Roy with Knees and shit.

but nope.

Everything was a lie.

He was supposed to be some firey badass. Instead he's a pouting little girl.
Was supposed to have a nice mid range jumper. Instead, shit be broke.
Was supposed to be able to finish in traffic. Instead he gets shis shit blocked all de time.

The only thing that translated was his rebounding which is rather useless for a two guard.

He was suppsoed to be a safe pick but lolno.

The only guy I would have taken over him was Wall (I am obviously GM material).

So it's not like I wanted someone else but that perhaps makes it worse because he is nothing like what he was supposed to be.

But then he has a game where he looks awesome and the hype returns onyl for it to go away the next.

Also Doug has treated him like ass since he got here so it's not a Wes situation in which he just sucks, there's still that slight chance Doug has just mindfucked him to death by pulling him for Jodie Meeks and Royal Ivey and shit.

Turner was the guy we needed to be at least servicable for our "future"...

Jrue is our only other player worth a damn (Toad Bynum doesn't exist as far as I am concerned right now.) and Jrue is on some YNot shit right now.

shit sucks

I hope Wolves' fans don't mind a ton of missed midrange jumpers and no transition scoring.

Houston Rockets rookie Royce White says he is prepared to walk away from the NBA.

Speaking in an interview with ESPN's Colleen Dominguez, White said he was going to meet with general manager Daryl Morey on Monday to discuss his situation with the team.

The Rockets have said they intend to fine White for every day he remains away from the team or does not attend sessions with a therapist arranged by the team. The Houston Chronicle has reported the Rockets have no plans to trade or release White.

White, the 16th pick in June's draft, has remained absent from the team in a dispute over how the Rockets are helping him confront his anxiety disorder.

White, who has yet to play in a game, did not attend Monday's game against Miami, Tuesday's practice or Wednesday's game against New Orleans. He said on his Twitter account that the Rockets have been "inconsistent" in helping him.

The Rockets (4-4) visit the Portland Trail Blazers (3-5) on Friday night.

Dude, you're like the 6th best power forward on the roster.

Raports fans, why isn't Valanciuanas getting heavy minutes? It's not like they haven't tried out all of the other front court players on that roster.

Foul trouble in some games + their coach has an irrational fear of rookies playing in crunch time. Amir Johnson has had a pretty good season as well. He'll get more minutes as the season goes along.

Foul trouble in some games + their coach has an irrational fear of rookies playing in crunch time. Amir Johnson has had a pretty good season as well. He'll get more minutes as the season goes along.

The Lakers should trade Pau for Calderon and Garbgnani. Lakers get a back up PG and a stretch 4 that Dwight loves to play with.

pilonv1

Bob Cooney ‏@BobCooney76
Bynum said there is no timetable for return nor that it has changed from what team announced earlier this week.

Bob Cooney ‏@BobCooney76
Bynum has setback as he says there is swelling and cartilage damage in left knee. Other injury is in right knee

oh knux

dr-who-rain_large.gif

naw homie

lol.....Your team is fucked......

I told you Maggette is the key to a successful tank....

Bobcats will be fighting for the 8th seed in the East.......

Edit: At least Bynum's knees blew out before he got a big contract....

That is a sign of hope Knux.....

dalVlatko

@WFNYScott
"Let me reiterate: THE LINEUP OF IRVING, WAITERS, GEE, THOMPSON, AND VAREJAO LEADS THE NBA IN +/-." dlvr.it/2VFQS0 #Cavs

Chris Grant and Byron Scott teamed up to make a bench bad enough to tank even when this happens.

Tank champions of the NBA.

jman2050

See this is why I didn't want Orlando to trade for Bynum.

I mean, what they actually got was horrible, sure, but Bynum wasn't ever the answer.

Flash

The Lakers should trade Pau for Calderon and Garbgnani. Lakers get a back up PG and a stretch 4 that Dwight loves to play with.

yup... been saying this should happen.

Bargnani's time in Toronto is over. He'll probably be useful to some other team but it aint happening here. His 3 point shooting along with his above average speed and passing ability will make him a good fit for D'antoni. And Nash is old... Calderon will be able to provide him some much needed relief. I bet they would both have great years and it will seem that Lakers make out as bandits but it doesn't even matter, they need to just go already.

And while Pau isn't the answer, ynot? OKC has our pick and I think having a guy like Gasol will be good for the team... we'll at least be able to put up a decent fight for a playoff spot.

yup... been saying this should happen.

Bargnani's time in Toronto is over. He'll probably be useful to some other team but it aint happening here. His 3 point shooting along with his above average speed and passing ability will make him a good fit for D'antoni. And Nash is old... Calderon will be able to provide him some much needed relief. I bet they would both have great years and it will seem that Lakers make out as bandits but it doesn't even matter, they need to just go already.

And while Pau isn't the answer, ynot? OKC has our pick and I think having a guy like Gasol will be good for the team... we'll at least be able to put up a decent fight for a playoff spot.

Calderon is an expiring contract and Pau only has 2 years compared to 3 for Bargs.

not sure many teams have a franchise player fans have been totally indifferent about for half a decade. the Barg "project" was a waste of everyone's time,him and Jose need to get shipped the hell out by the deadline.

Top Bottom