• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lakers dont need to run and gun. With a great offensive genius leading us, we will come up with a system that utilizes the best of our talents and capabilities which will overcome the shortcomings we have. No other coaching staff in the league can compete with MDAT's prowess.
People mistakenly thing his offense is run n gun. But it's not. That was nelli ball.

D'antoni's offense likes to push but also is based on high pnr which we all called for in he offseason. Also it's about shooting or passing without much dribbling if not to the basket (if you're not be pg). Ball movement. That's what the team needs.

The spacing was much better tonight. And honest it's improved every game since brown got canned.

I have J.J Redick and JR Smith on my fantasy team.

How long can the good times last? Should I trade them asap?

Whenever they start having "career" games or getting near them. It's all about trade value at this point with those two. Eventually they hit that hot streak that you know they won't stay at for very long and you can get someone to overpay for them.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
NBA-GAF does this too doe.

I feel like NBA GAF spaces it out a little more. Like I'll shit on a player and then if he starts playing well for more than one game I'll give him credit or say I was wrong. They do this after every damn play during the game. I mean shitting on your best player on a young team after one mistake is just wut and then praising him less than a min after...

it was a better forum back in the days, I guess they can't handle youth/rebuilding.

I feel like NBA GAF spaces it out a little more. Like I'll shit on a player and then if he starts playing well for more than one game I'll give him credit or say I was wrong. They do this after every damn play during the game. I mean shitting on your best player on a young team after one mistake is just wut and then praising him less than a min after.
True that. But you know how it is with the looser moderated sports-only sites. I used to post on RealGM for years... ugh.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
True that. But you know how it is with the looser moderated sports-only sites. I used to post on RealGM for years... ugh.

ugh indeed, I don't even think Clutchfans is that bad.

"Know whose a big wig on realgm? Pimpwrx

PEACE "

lol

I'm shocked

Vahagn

People mistakenly thing his offense is run n gun. But it's not. That was nelli ball.

D'antoni's offense likes to push but also is based on high pnr which we all called for in he offseason. Also it's about shooting or passing without much dribbling if not to the basket (if you're not be pg). Ball movement. That's what the team needs.

The spacing was much better tonight. And honest it's improved every game since brown got canned.

It's becoming more and more clear that any success the Lakers enjoyed in the Brown era was in spite of Brown, and not because of him.

That dude over coached like crazy, and considering he's not a good X's and O's coach to begin with, just bad all around.

Matrix

"I just thought it was a little bit better defensive matchup." - Kelvin Sampson on playing Toney Douglas over Lin in OT. "

Wow fuck you Sampson. Fire this douche.

"Toney Douglas called the 3s Lillard hit "Hope to Jesus shots." Lillard scored 11 consecutive Blazers pts to end regulation, start overtime."

lol it's called he has range and skills you could only dream of scrub.

Puddles

Banned
Royce White: just walk

Honestly, I have dealt with panic disorder. It's horrible, but if I had the chance to make millions of dollars by dealing with it, you can bet I'd find a way. Unless what he has is a whole lot worse than what I have, I can't imagine walking away from seven figures.

"I just thought it was a little bit better defensive matchup." - Kelvin Sampson on playing Toney Douglas over Lin in OT. "

"Toney Douglas called the 3s Lillard hit "Hope to Jesus shots." Lillard scored 11 consecutive Blazers pts to end regulation, start overtime."

Pretty funny, seeing as how Toney's defense can be described as "Hope to Jesus."

I wonder of what his opinion on LeBrons "long" threes because those are like 5 steps behind of the shot Lillard took.

It brings me great joy that Tony Douglas is inducing agony on another fan base. TD and Landry Fields were our starting back court last year.

JESUS!

Puddles

Banned
I wonder of what his opinion on LeBrons "long" threes because those are like 5 steps behind of the should Lillard took.

Seeing LeBron become a pretty good 3-pt shooter has been one of the most difficult things for me to deal with over the past few years.

I'd say LeBron has shortened my life expectancy by a decade easily. I wish he would go back to bricking jumpers and being a non-factor on defense.

i love seeing batum with the shaved head living up to his contract. fucking kid finally learned that he's more athletic than 90% of nba players. lillard looking great again, clearly roty. and i really really really hate seeing aldridge reverting to his old ways. it's like batum stole his #swag.

i understand that the flex offense has him coming up to the pinch post and setting screens for lillard on a regular basis, but i don't understand why lma doesn't have the confidence in his point guard to roll to the basket. lillard has already shown some really smooth and accurate passing skills.

fuck. this team is a 6th/7th man and a testosterone shot away from being competitive in the west.

Seeing LeBron become a pretty good 3-pt shooter has been one of the most difficult things for me to deal with over the past few years.

I'd say LeBron has shortened my life expectancy by a decade easily. I wish he would go back to bricking jumpers and being a non-factor on defense.

Just embrace it man. At least he's good... there are plenty of other players that the media have dick ride and just flat out sucks. Love or hate LeBron at least he plays great basketball.

Emwitus

Just embrace it man. At least he's good... there are plenty of other players that the media have dick ride and just flat out sucks. Love or hate LeBron at least he plays great basketball.

The thing that annoys me about lebron is how ugly his moves look but are yet really effective. Like really, have a side by side kobe/jordan/lebron comparison on the post and prepare to vomit.

giri

Grizz can only be stopped by injuries.

I really hope they can stay healthy. Will be awesome to watch this team run through the league. So good to watch them execute in the half court with post play.

Oh yeah? Winning is the knicks kryptonite.

snooki.gif

Grizz can only be stopped by injuries.

I really hope they can stay healthy. Will be awesome to watch this team run through the league. So good to watch them execute in the half court with post play.

i was on their bandwagon when you was trashing their bench cause Mayo left. tsk, tsk.

Canuck76

Banned
i love seeing batum with the shaved head living up to his contract. fucking kid finally learned that he's more athletic than 90% of nba players. lillard looking great again, clearly roty. and i really really really hate seeing aldridge reverting to his old ways. it's like batum stole his #swag.

i understand that the flex offense has him coming up to the pinch post and setting screens for lillard on a regular basis, but i don't understand why lma doesn't have the confidence in his point guard to roll to the basket. lillard has already shown some really smooth and accurate passing skills.

fuck. this team is a 6th/7th man and a testosterone shot away from being competitive in the west.

Yeah, biggest problem right now is L.M.A in this offense. But even still, i think it's better that everyone else flourishes, rather than him feasting while everyone else starves on offense.

Really hope that pnr get's better as time goes on. L.M.A is taking too many long shots and should be rolling more, but occasionally lillard won't pass either when he could hit L.M.A in stride. Hopefully Stotts keeps giving him possessions under the basket and giving him that stuff he wants, rather than trying to make him be dirk, which he's not.

But yeah many revelations on this team. Batum can ball. Wesley has not improved as much as Nic but he's showing he's continuing to get better. Lillard should be an all-star. If we can tank the right way and land Shabazz this team will be unstoppable in the west with a decent bench. Unfortunately even with our crap bench now (that's basically designed to tank) i don't think we'll be able to keep up in that race.

Smokey

Good comeback win Blazers/fans, you deserve that because no team coached like that deserves to win and no team with Toney Douglas taking most the OT shots should ever win... and they didn't.

Smh

what happened

of course im blacked out so i cant watch shit.

Top Bottom