• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

giri

I'm sure zbo will get injured

Hope not.

Injuries really are their worst enemy at the moment. If they can stay healthy, they really really should make a deep playoff run.

Them and the clippers are the only 2 teams out west that seem to have their shit in order at the moment. The rest of the west seem to be still sorting themselves out.

BobLoblaw

Banned
I could see a clippers Grizzlies WCF man that would be such a good match up. They fucking hate eachother
Like I said before, there are only two teams that could probably take the Grizzlies in a 7 game series - the Clippers and the Spurs. We get pass them and we're heading to the finals.

diehard

Fleer
your ass was a Blazers fan, quit saying "we".

there is like 1 legit Grizzlies fan here.

Jazz will challenge the Grizzlies.

as soon as they start letting us play every game at home.

Pkaz01

how bout the jazz try beating the fucking 76ers who lost to the pistons and not fucking up my parlay

giri

I could see a clippers Grizzlies WCF man that would be such a good match up. They fucking hate eachother

Yeah, Clippers and OKC really hate Grizz. Don't like how physical they play.

There's 2 legit grizz fans. bgassassin and.....

But yeah, Jazz are one of the few teams as big as the grizz.

Pkaz01

here's is a hint for future picks:

Jazz @ somebody ? take the somebody.

i've actually noticed that for the jazz and the nuggets. Must be really annoying when you know you have the better team.

Yeah, Clippers and OKC really hate Grizz. Don't like how physical they play.
I think this is the year the grizz get past those two teams if they face eachother in playoffs. Hopefully no injuries get in the way this time.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I think he has one more year after this year. So if that does happen ATL gets him for one more year, instead of risking losing Josh Smith for nothing.

yeah... though another team might block it though more likely another team will be needed to help lubricate the deal as the lakers go about raping the Hawks.

elaborate please with some scenarios?

Pau's old and flabby, and he's owed 19 mill next year. He really has no place on a rebuilding team like the Hawks. They want young talent and good picks, they can certainly get some of that with Smith, if he doesn't re-up.

Danny did one of the most underrated GM jobs last offseason by getting rid of dead weight/failed experiments like JJ and Williams. Next year they will have only 16mill on the books, so they are primed to make a big splash if the chance comes. ATL isn't really a sports town, but its far closer to big market than a small one. It'll be interesting. GA is my second home so I always hope for the best for the Hawks/Braves/Falcons.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Pau's old and flabby, and he's owed 19 mill next year. He really has no place on a rebuilding team like the Hawks. They want young talent and good picks, they can certainly get some of that with Smith, if he doesn't re-up.

Danny did one of the most underrated GM jobs last offseason by getting rid of dead weight/failed experiments like JJ and Williams. Next year they will have only 16mill on the books, so they are primed to make a big splash if the chance comes. ATL isn't really a sports town, but its far closer to big market than a small one. It'll be interesting. GA is my second home so I always hope for the best for the Hawks/Braves/Falcons.

fair enough though they i don't see them letting him just walk unless they really have become extremely cheap.

giri

fair enough though they i don't see them letting him just walk unless they really have become extremely cheap.

They won't let him walk

But he's highly valued.

They could get some decent pieces back in a trade.

Teams like, houston & boston will be very interested. Probably Chicago too.

The Wolves are going to be nasty when they get their team back too. They've got a legit 10 man rotation. Get your asses back on the court Love, Rubio, Pek, and Barea.

Also, this year's rookie class is the best since 2008.

Davis
Lillard
MKG
Barnes
Drummond
Shved
Waiters
Crowder
Zeller
Sullinger

Have all made big contributions so far this year. And that's not even counting the guys who have either been hurt or haven't had much playing time.

h3ro

cHeat
5pur5
Blunder
Mehmphis
Pauper Clips

Am I missing anyone else?

0aWqn.jpg

Crawfords numbers now aren't really that far ahead of his ATL/NY numbers. Again, Portland was a horrible fit for him. Combined with the fact that defense is quite a bit weaker in the west.

Crawfords numbers now aren't really that far ahead of his ATL/NY numbers. Again, Portland was a horrible fit for him. Combined with the fact that defense is quite a bit weaker in the west.

He's shooting 51% after having one season ever where shot over 42% and 42% from three after having one season ever where he over 36% from three.

He's shooting 51% after having one season ever where shot over 42% and 42% from three after having one season ever where he over 36% from three.

he worked on his game this summer, and he can operate with prolly the best floor spacing he's had in his career. I doubt he shoots lower than 45% from the field.

I already said his percentages would probably go down, but he is taking less shots. Around 20 points is not beyond him at all. There's no telling how much his FG% will fall, if at all, considering he will generally get to feast against weak WC defenses, mostly 2nd units. And the fact that you actually have to space the floor against the Clippers is another factor, considering you never really had to against his other teams.

All and all im pretty sure crawfords gonna have a good year, like I predicted anyway.

Jazz @ Wizards tonight. Wizards might be looking forward to their first win with how bad the Jazz have played, but Al has to be due and Okafor is too small to defend him so the Jazz would have to play extra terrible to end up losing.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Jazz @ Wizards tonight. Wizards might be looking forward to their first win with how bad the Jazz have played, but Al has to be due and Okafor is too small to defend him so the Jazz would have to play extra terrible to end up losing.

Washington has no chance.

None.

Fuck the haters. Andre Drummond has played well so far.

He's making an impact on the defensive end with blocks and steals. And he looks ok in defensive rotations.

His game still lacks polish overall but he's showing a lot of potential.

He needs more minutes.......Jason Maxiell sucks......

Top Bottom