• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.
Uhh, because Pau is a completely terrible fit for the Hawks and murders their cap space for next year while being worse than Josh Smith.

24728027.jpg

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
we have a lot of work to do if we want to outtank toronto and detroit...

fuck, wall isn't even playing and the wiz are trash

So how has Val looked from a fundamentals standpoint?

His stats look pretty decent for a rookie, although more rebounds would be nice.

He's pretty decent fundamentally. Gets into foul trouble because he doesn't keep his arms vertical 100% of the time and pays too much attention to his man, but those are common problems for rookies and his technique is mostly very good.

Brinbe

have you seen davis try and shoot though.
I remember he was supposed to replace bosh
Well, Ed was never going to fully replace Bosh, I don't think anyone expected that. And yeah, Ed's offense isn't pretty but he can get garbage pts, board effectively and D up/block shots. That's all I want out of my PF and he'll only get better with more PT.

SamuraiX-

He's pretty decent fundamentally. Gets into foul trouble because he doesn't keep his arms vertical 100% of the time and pays too much attention to his man, but those are common problems for rookies and his technique is mostly very good.

Regardless, I'm sure he's already an immediate upgrade over Bargs and is bound to only get better.

Tom Penny

Jet. Doc not playing around with KG he's been playing like 25 minutes. Me no happy in Fantasy. Rondo has more assists than the Raptors...

DY_nasty

Is there any doubt who is the best true pg in the league now. Gaddang.

Lowry?

Because I just saw Rondo throw an entry pass straight to Ed Davis instead of KG after having his teammates pass the ball back to him twice in a row after they realized that Rondo once again was just gonna sit at the top of the key and wing it instead of running an offense.

He's playing much better this year, but he'll never be the best point guard in the league.

Emwitus

Lowry?

Because I just saw Rondo throw an entry pass straight to Ed Davis instead of KG after having his teammates pass the ball back to him twice in a row after they realized that Rondo once again was just gonna sit at the top of the key and wing it instead of running an offense.

He's playing much better this year, but he'll never be the best point guard in the league.

Hater lol. No one will ever admit to rondo's arrival. His been playing much better for the past 3 years by the way..unless people still wanna stick with his playing around hall of famer argument with grandpa garnett and pierce.

Emwitus

I don't even think he's better than Kemba this year.

Ofcourse you don't. Considering you never believed in kemba until this year.

EDIT: In all seriousness tho. What would rondo have to do to reel in the doubters? His improved his midrange, his controlling the offense like no other and his playing great defense. He get's unfair criticism although he is now unquestionably the best player on the Cz.

DY_nasty

Ofcourse you do. Considering you never believed in kemba until this year.
Completely untrue. I simply gave up on Kemba because he gave too many fucks considering his abilities and it effectively handicapped him more than any defense could've. Now that he's unfucked himself, I'm free to love him again like I did at the beginning of last year.

Rondo, on the other hand, clearly wouldn't be able to get away with half of his bullshit if he weren't consistently covered by better surrounding talent. It is absolutely baffling that people admire his assist numbers while he routinely runs the worst offense in the league(when you take into account the talent available). Meanwhile, the Bobcats shouldn't be cracking 87ppg - but they are, and a large part of that is Kemba. Hell, the Bobcats are shooting under 30% from 3 and score just as many ppg as Boston. That's fucking ridiculous.

Top Bottom