• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pimpwerx

Steph Curry extended, report says 4 years/$44 million.

Seems like a below-market deal.

WTF? Why? And how is this below-market? Dude has an ankle so bad Grant Hill's ankle feels sorry for it. Why do you give that much money to someone who can't even play without getting injured? Seems like a bad deal GS will end up regretting after the next injury. PEACE.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The release of Stephen Jackson’s rap album “Jack of All Trades” — originally scheduled for Tuesday — has been delayed for promotional purposes, the Spurs forward said.

Instead, Jackson has released a single, titled “Lonely at the Top,” for download on iTunes. The track features vocals from one of the Spurs’ biggest rivals, Oklahoma City scoring champion Kevin Durant.

One of Jackson’s teammates is none too happy about the pairing.

“I asked him if I could rap a little on his album, and he told me no, straight out,” Duncan said. “I was very offended. He’s never even heard me rap. He doesn’t know what I could do.”

charsace

Its interesting that the Cavs are doing with Irving what I think the bulls should do with Rose. Waiters can run some offense and just let Kyrie go wild at times scoring the ball.

fertygo

The release of Stephen Jackson’s rap album “Jack of All Trades” — originally scheduled for Tuesday — has been delayed for promotional purposes, the Spurs forward said.

Instead, Jackson has released a single, titled “Lonely at the Top,” for download on iTunes. The track features vocals from one of the Spurs’ biggest rivals, Oklahoma City scoring champion Kevin Durant.

“I asked him if I could rap a little on his album, and he told me no, straight out,” Duncan said. “I was very offended. He’s never even heard me rap. He doesn’t know what I could do.”
Damn, I'm laughing hard because this.

Hahaha, I just read about Adam Morrison being waived by the Blazers.

Who the fuck would sign Adam Morrison in the first place? I always laugh at how hyped he was when he came into the league.

Jeff-DSA

Tim Duncan is the whitest guy in the league. Maybe he'd go Vanilla Ice on that.

Jeff-DSA

Probably been posted.

BObL3.jpg

Corrupted.

Flash

How? They are trading Calderon and Bargnani is already playing injured.

Calderon is only a decent back up point guard and I doubt anyone wants to take on his contract.

If Bargnani can manage to stay healthy they'll compete for the 8th seed... Lowry is a pretty big addition to the team, Derozan will be playing for a contract, and Val (and hopefully Ross) will have promising rookie seasons.

Not to mention we aren't keeping our pick so there will be zero incentive to tank.

Branduil

I thought this was another one of those Tim Duncan TheOnion articles at first.

I just want to rant for one second. So you bring in Steve Nash to just bring the ball up the court, and start the Princeton? No pick and roll what so ever. Interesting.

Mike Brown is the most inept coach I have ever seen in my life. In what walk of life does a Lakers coach lose 12 games in a row and still keep his job? He always looks lost, has a look of shock in his eyes. I have never been so disgusted with a coach in my life. Princeton offense great!!!

They could have any PG in the league just bring the ball up the court. You have Steve freaking Nash!!!! Use him. You watched him torch you for 20 years, now you bring him in and run a 10 pass system that watches him pass and never touch the ball again.

#disgusted.

Flash

lol yea Nash was misused yesterday. Makes no sense... I really thought it was a "pre-season, whatever" attitude but damn they look really bad and incoherent together.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I just want to rant for one second. So you bring in Steve Nash to just bring the ball up the court, and start the Princeton? No pick and roll what so ever. Interesting.

Mike Brown is the most inept coach I have ever seen in my life. In what walk of life does a Lakers coach lose 12 games in a row and still keep his job? He always looks lost, has a look of shock in his eyes. I have never been so disgusted with a coach in my life. Princeton offense great!!!

They could have any PG in the league just bring the ball up the court. You have Steve freaking Nash!!!! Use him. You watched him torch you for 20 years, now you bring him in and run a 10 pass system that watches him pass and never touch the ball again.

#disgusted.

lol yea Nash was misused yesterday. Makes no sense... I really thought it was a "pre-season, whatever" attitude but damn they look really bad and incoherent together.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/33862/rapid-reaction-mavericks-99-lakers-91
UPDATE: Nash addressed this point after the game. "I think that's definitely, maybe, I need to assert myself more in pick and roll situations. But you're right, I'm caught trying to get the ball moving in the Princeton and get us into different sets and opportunities. Tonight, we didn't do a good job getting into the Princeton, and we didn't get a lot of stuff in pick and roll action. It's growing pains, and it's a struggle. We're out of sync, and we're going to probably have some more moments in games like that."

We all want to see that beautiful PnR but having the princeton is great to have so we're not too predictable. And again 1 freaking game, only the 2nd time ever the starters have even played on the floor together.

Flash

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/33862/rapid-reaction-mavericks-99-lakers-91

We all want to see that beautiful PnR but having the princeton is great to have so we're not too predictable. And again 1 freaking game, only the 2nd time ever the starters have even played on the floor together.

That's not a very good excuse because Mavs haven't played much with each other either. And with a star laden line-up like that, they really should have found a way to win.

I guess I expected more from an allstar team of HOF starters playing together. Brown is not a real coach. You have five starters with close to 100 years of experience. Let the bench run the Princeton.

I guess its because I saw every game this preseason, and it just got worse and worse and worse. No progression. It was a total waste of a pre season. Did you see who beat the Lakers last night? Vince Carter and Marion wow.

Tom Penny

People are tripping on the lakers losing their 1st game to a contender. A total buffoon of a coach can get 60 wins out of their talent

Smokey

Why do people keep counting the preseason as part of Mike Brown's losing streak?

whynot?
1 win out of 9 games (real or fake) shouldn't require moving heaven and earth

and because he's mike brown. did somebody gif that reaction he had last night after brandon wright okie doked his way to an and1?

Top Bottom