• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

masud

Banned
Not gonna lie I’m nervous about Thursdays game. It’s just one game but it’s the first of a new era, the defining moment of the new rivalry. If we lose its gonna be another 40 years or darkness but if we win hopefully it will just be another 5...

Raps and the Grizz/Clips are who Im glued in on tonight, but I wanna see if Portland gives LA problems tonight too. on paper, they look better than Dirk-less Mavs.

While I know what you're saying, as a Cav's fan my reply is...

Lebron >>>>>>>>>Kyrie

I mean are we really going to compare a God to a gifted PG?

Lebron is Lebron, can't get much better than him outside of Shaq, Hakeem, Jordan, Kobe, and Duncan in the last 25 years. But still Kyrie is a bit better than a gifted PG. With Rose's injury and Paul/Deron about to hit the downslope of their careers I'd take him over any other PG in the league. You're damn lucky to have him. I mean fuck Charlotte hasn't had a top pick in twenty years and we've been worse than you and Washington over that period.

Yea, Crawford already hurt Walls growth the second he started getting minutes, and he's going to take advatange of Beals team approach to the game as well apparently. Sad thing is that Price looks like Crawford 2.0 with all of those bad shots.

Wittmans rotations were a joke also.

Not really sure what to expect from this season.

I'd be encouraged if I were you. Your two biggest question marks coming in were Webster and Beal, but both of them looked pretty good last night. Okafor started off great, but couldn't keep it going. I guarantee he'll look a lot better with Nene and Seraphin subbing in for him. You're still weak at the 3, but Webster looked a lot better than I expected him to.

As for Price and Crawford though, yeah they suck. You should be able to pick up a decent back up for Wall in this year's draft. I'd take whatever you can get for Crawford and move on ASAP. As a fan of good basketball I don't want to see his dumb ass holding Wall and Beal back any longer than I have to.

AirBrian

Mavs looked good but Dirk being out let everyone play without fucks being given. They are deep though, so that's one thing that should always keep them in games this season, especially against teams without benches (as seen last night). I'm cautiously optimistic!

Man, from reading the reactions in this thread it sounds like the Lakers didn't have enough people to go against Curry... Was he that good in the second half? He was way off before halftime.

With Dirk, Wright, Kaman, Brand, and Curry in the frontcout I don't think there is any team in the league that can stop you from scoring. Defense on the otherhand...

NO he wasn't that good, but the main thing was he wasn't that bad

With Dirk, Wright, Kaman, Brand, and Curry in the frontcout I don't think there is any team in the league that can stop you from scoring. Defense on the otherhand...

Okay lol, I was dreading him going back in the game but unfortunately I didn't watch the second half. But yeah, his defense was putrid when I was watching him. He couldn't move lateral at all.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
as if being a jets fan and a magic fan wasn't already

i guess being a pony fan isn't that bad compared to those

hey I got standards too - closet mets fan. can't admit that shit in public you know.

and I'll be watching the Rockets game. Not for Harden, but for LINSANITY.

But i shouldn't complain about the FT shooting?

-FT shooting was horrid. No doubt about it. I think Hill and Howard Combined for 4/20 from the line.

-Defense was terrible (we let them drop 99 on us without Dirk and they're as new to each other as our team). A rookie and a no name french guy lit us up of their bench.

-Offense looked stagnant. Nash seemed like he was lost and like his hands were tied running through a rigid half court set.

-I didn't feel like we rebounded well at all either. Though Hill looked good and agressive.

It's a bummer too because Kobe had a pretty nice game. I really miss Phil. Though I don't know if he would be utilizing Nash any better. It's not like the Triangle Offence is fashioned around a point guard who can create.

How are Mav fans feeling about tonights game?

yeah, roddy might just dunk from the free throw line this time.

in all seriousness, they can build off last night and continue to be scrappy. i dont really know too much about the jazz at this point, but the mavs just need to feed off each other and play smart and aggressive team d and push the ball in transition with collison, mayo, roddy, crowder etc.

edit:

delonte west putting up his "resamay" on twitter
https://twitter.com/CharleeRedz13

i hope he latches on to a team. off-court issues aside, he can be a solid contributor to any team

Jeff-DSA

The Lakers have some serious defensive issues. Howard is nice having in the middle, but they are going to struggle at pretty much every other position. If the offense doesn't become a top 3 offense in the league, they'll have trouble keeping pace, I bet.

charsace

The Mavs will always have some sort of post threat in the game. The problem is that they can't defend. McCurry especially. He can get deep position in the post easily and when he gets used to the game he will do some damage. There will be nights and twinkle toes will be shooting lights out from the field, but you won't want him to play because he does nothing else.

The Lakers have some serious defensive issues. Howard is nice having in the middle, but they are going to struggle at pretty much every other position. If the offense doesn't become a top 3 offense in the league, they'll have trouble keeping pace, I bet.
Lakers are just old on the perimeter. Collison and Mayo feasted because of it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
"I don't know why you are complaining, Josh," Hollins says. "You guys have shot 30 free throws."

"It was a good defensive play," Smith replies. "He forced it. You were a good defensive player, weren't you?"

"Yeah, but you guys have already shot 30 free throws," Hollins says.

"I haven't shot one," Smith says.

"That's because you're shooting jumpers," Hollins needles back.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8573673/behind-scenes-memphis-grizzlies-coach-lionel-hollins

Pretty neat shit. The Haddadi stuff is hilarious.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Eric Gordon out indefinitely (knee injury). Shocking.

Curry deal seems below market but its really not because hes only going to play half the games anyway.

How are Mav fans feeling about tonights game?

Honestly, I don't know how to feel about this team. I mean they can come out and have a nice, flowing offense like last night, but then again none of the players right now are consistent scorers so it might be a typical Mavs offense sans Dirk.

I think the Mavs will lose tonight though, really. But that's my pessimistic views coming out of me.

Top Bottom