• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nelo Ice

Banned
That's not a very good excuse because Mavs haven't played much with each other either. And with a star laden line-up like that, they really should have found a way to win.

Against a Mavericks team with 4 new players and that ran Eddy Curry at the 5 for significant minutes

Lakers should've won on talent alone

If we still suck after a month if the team still shows no level of competence, then yeah that may be a little worrying but right now this team just needs to stay healthy. Yes I was expecting pure domination against that team but again only 2nd time the starters have ever played together and the 3rd total game Dwight has played in 6 months.

KingKong

Miami looked REALLY good, even without LeBron and playing without Wade. Maybe Boston wasn't themselves, but they just had such an easy time scoring

The Lakers were miserable on defense and were beaten in the worst way (lots of offensive rebounds, layups, and-1s)

shira

People are tripping on the lakers losing their 1st game to a contender. A total buffoon of a coach can get 60 wins out of their talent

I think a YMCA coach would trust a 2x MVP to let him run the offence instead wasting 3-4 months learning the hybrid Princeton.

Just hire Mike D

anigif_enhanced-buzz-9007-1351625788-18.gif

I think a YMCA coach would trust a 2x MVP to let him run the offence instead wasting 3-4 months learning the hybrid Princeton.

i agree. pick and roll or pound the ball in side.
fuck this princeton bullshit.

Pimpwerx

It's fun to laugh at LAL, but there're 81 more games to figure it out, and no team runs the Princeton well from the start. It takes time to master, especially with a new lineup. They'll figure it out. I hope they don't, just for the lulz, but it will probably happen. They're already a pretty efficient offense.

It's the defense that is of graver concern. There's just no way to hide Nash's defensive woes. The title contenders all have backcourts that will give Nash and Kobe fits. Dwight is gonna be working overtime.

One other thing. Metta is terrible. His defensive impact isn't significant enough to have him starting. Lakers need a shooter at that position. PEACE.

That I'm not so sure about, and with their talent why run the Princeton offense? They do have 81 games so it gives them plenty of time to ditch that entire idea unless Mike Brown's ego take over.

Mike Brown should not be coaching this team. That's the only problem.
Phil Jackson would never go 0-12 including the pre-season.

Going to PnR more often should make things easier, Nash is one of the best at it and Dwight rolls to the basket like few others, Pau can also set screen roll and shoot from mid range well enough for it to be effective.

Just a matter of time before Nash says "Fuck it" and does what he does. Of course Kobe Isos will be in there too.

You guys think the Lakers will be 10-10 over the first 20?

Is that acceptable?

Im sorry I should calm down. I just knew the pre-season told a lot more than people were admitting. Not on Gaf, other people.

And then Charles and Shaq can sit there and say I told you so.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
WojYahooNBA
James Harden has agreed to a 5 year, $80 million deal with Houston, source tells Y!

WojYahooNBA
Toronto and DeMar DeRozan have made progress today in talks on a 4-year extension, but no deal yet in place, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Mothman91

WojYahooNBA
James Harden has agreed to a 5 year, $80 million deal with Houston, source tells Y!

WojYahooNBA
Toronto and DeMar DeRozan have made progress today in talks on a 4-year extension, but no deal yet in place, league sources tell Y! Sports.

got dayummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You guys think the Lakers will be 10-10 over the first 20?

Is that acceptable?

If they play like they did last night for the first 20 games being just above .500 isn't out of the question. The offense sputters too often and the defense loses focus.

They kind of have a get out of jail free card until Dwight and kobe are 100%.

Pimpwerx

Miami looked REALLY good, even without LeBron and playing without Wade. Maybe Boston wasn't themselves, but they just had such an easy time scoring

The Lakers were miserable on defense and were beaten in the worst way (lots of offensive rebounds, layups, and-1s)

Celtics may not be in top gear yet, but they're still a top notch defense, and played like it. We had a lot of ball movement last night to find the open shooter. It's just that everyone's a shooter in the rotation, so there was always someone open. It's not like the Celtics made it easy.

We're gonna destroy some teams this season. It's not even funny. The offense is still so raw, with Ray and Shard being new, Rio missing the entire preseason, and Haslem still shooting like shit. Once things start clicking, it's gonna be the beautiful game brought to the hardwood.

When you consider the Heat-Lakers matchup, based on the first impressions, Miami matches up a lot better with the Lakers than the other way around. Miami's interior defense is solid and can handle the Lakers' frontcourt. The Lakers are gonna have a hard time containing Miami's backcourt. I don't think rebounding can offset that problem. We'll see. PEACE.

This is all storyline shit fellas.

Sometime around All-Star break they'll 'mesh' and things will 'click'

And we'll all see how broken and dumb their lineup really is

When you consider the Heat-Lakers matchup, based on the first impressions, Miami matches up a lot better with the Lakers than the other way around. Miami's interior defense is solid and can handle the Lakers' frontcourt.

smh

shira

it's hard to give up on athletic wings, but 4 years is crazy. this is why bad teams stay bad, they need to know when to cut their losses (like your wolves did with wes)

Dunkers are only good for 2-3 years of highlights - then their legs giveout. I know they want him for the highlight reel dunks, but he is way too skinny and has no shot. At least with Carter he could nag the refs the whole game.

WojYahooNBA

WojYahooNBA

Man, Harden got some bank now.. that's ridiculous

Top Bottom