• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.
"He probably does feel pain; that would be the only reason why a guy can't play," Williams said. "I've checked with Doc," Williams said, "but for him to explain to me what's going on with his body and then have Eric feel a certain way doesn't matter. You know what I'm saying? If Doc says one thing and the guy is feeling another, then you have to . . . what am I supposed to say? I'm sure it's got to be medical. A guy just can't not play. It's got to be medical. At this point of the year, everybody is excited to play. I'm sure it's medical."

When the coach has to talk himself into believing that the highest paid player on the team isn't faking an injury, I think there might be a problem.

shira

Ummm, why?

Nash is the fittest guy in the league... and he rarely sat out last season.

What you can't do is have him aveage over 36mpg for the season.

b2b's are fine though.

Define fit? He "tries" to follow his man on defence so he can run on offence.
He doesn't go for steals, rebounds, or blocks.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
AWoj said:
The Toronto Raptors are finalizing a four year, $40 million contract extension with DeMar DeRozan, league sources tell Y! Sports.

loooooooollllll

Tom Penny

his stifling defense and will to win were really on display

he should have been paid max money for his BBIQ alone

Played like a puppy and his one good move he bricked off the backboard. He will be useful once they actually play the opposite of the defense they played last night and run a bit.

Bread

Banned
Played like a puppy and his one good move he bricked off the backboard. He will be useful once they actually play the opposite of the defense they played last night and run a bit.
that move looked so good...then it went like 4 feet over the basket and off the opposite side of the backboard. dude looked nervous, im not worried. the key to this season is doc getting them to gel, this team is athletic as shit, it would be extremely disappointing to see them continue to play like they did last night,

JoeFu

Banned
Thanks Moris!

So why was there almost a lockout last year? What's with all these average dudes getting 10 mil a year?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Thanks Moris!

So why was there almost a lockout last year? What's with all these average dudes getting 10 mil a year?

Competitive balance! Gotta stop big market teams from making good decisions and then that new luxury tax is supposed to bite big markets in the ass o wait...

I have to say Mark Cuban was right about not paying big money to non-stars. These teams are screwed. They won't improve and will be first round exit teams for years. I'm confident we'll be able to keep Collision and Beaubois for fairly cheap. Then we can wait for a real star to be a free agent.

You realize what Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner are thinking right now, right?

CA-CHING!

This fucking league.

Evan won't get shit as long as Doug is around. He'd enter the room during negotiations right when its about to be signed and rip the contract up in front of Turner's face. and go" get some skills first chump".

Jrue?

gonna get paaaaaaaid.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Wasn't he getting better?

The first quarter of the season last year, he shot something like 40% from 3, then barely hit anything the rest of the year even though he kept trying. He was definitely better when Bargs when in there as the primary option, if that means anything. I wouldn't pay to keep this guy. The league might be struggling to find good two guards, but finding a DeRozan equivalent (athletic wing that can jump out of the gym, that can't shoot, bad handle, so-so defense when he tries) for a fraction of the price shouldn't be impossible. They're buying his upside, I guess. But they've seen a few years of him now, they should know better.

Although he apparently has a post up game now that'll be his primary scoring option? Or something? That's the the Toronto papers are writing, but I'll believe it when I see it.

derozan sucks and so does Bryan Colangelo. lol raptors.

seriously, derozan sucks at nearly every aspect of the game. he has zero potential. his only worth is putting up 20 points on bad efficiency, lousy defense, and zero playmaking on shitty 20 win teams. he's bargnani bad.

Top Bottom