• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

shira

Fired.2-350-x-282.jpg

what a random and arbitrary barrier set.

keep inventing them stats espn.

um, if it weren't for those arbitrary skewed stats, how in the world would lebron james not be better than michael jordan?

and here's hoping lakers players are smart enough to sabotage games to get dumbfuck fired

There's nothing random about it, it was his stat line tonight. It's just another way of saying these are the players who have also produced this line or better in the past 25 years.

shira

LakersReporter Real sore, not serious. RT @KevinDing: Nash said he was kneed on outside of lower left leg & is "hopeful" he can play Friday vs. Clippers.
He's not even "playing" he just runs up and down the court.

speaking of random stats I'm curious how many other teams with two mvps and four all-stars in their starting lineup started the season 0-2 with one of those losses featuring significant minutes for Eddy Curry on the opposing team

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Lakers lost at the Rose Garden? C'mon Lakers fans, act like you've been here before.

underkanter

Neo Member
I didn't even realize there was an NBA thread until I accidently clicked on the OT communities link! Yay! I'm proud to see some fellow jazz fans too =D

hurrah jazz fans! I think the travel/back-to-back games really hindered the mavs. Despite that... I honestly think this is one of the best jazz rosters ever. The team is very deep and is made to just punish opponents into the ground in the paint, all the while being able to hit shots from downtown. So much talent, its fun that the NBA season is finally here!

It was great seeing Boler and Harpring (and his hair) again.

Favors had some really great plays, despite the refs not seeing it the way I did. Its something tho, it shows his presence. I might be alone on this but I think he looks bigger. A lot of (deserved) attention is going to Kanter, but Favors has a swagger(when compared to last season) and some size this year... I also cannot hate on Corbin for giving Foye so many minutes... As long as he doesnt start chucking like CJ miles we'll be alright.

I'll take a longshot here and say this is Hayward's year. I hope he can get a consistent shot % this year..

---

Also gotta give props to Lillard. I wish the jazz could of picked him up somehow, he's legit and NBA ready.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
It's already true. I laid it out earlier, they probably could have had him at a discount if Prest didn't get duped.

I am in the camp that they should of amnestied Perkins to afford that extra money needed to keep him but its still too soon tell. However even if he plays great like today against bad teams. If The Thunder manages the assets they got back for him well it might even out over time to becoming a smart move.

underkanter

Neo Member
I am in the camp that they should of amnestied Perkins to afford that extra money needed to keep him but its still too soon tell. However even if he plays great like today against bad teams. If The Thunder manages the assets they got back for him well it might even out over time to becoming a smart move.

Well.. considering what they paid Ibaka, not giving Harden his contract is stupid. Ibaka is extremely overrated. The Ibaka contract will be the fault here--it made them unable to resign harden.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Well.. considering what they paid Ibaka, not giving Harden his contract is stupid. Ibaka is extremely overrated. The Ibaka contract will be the fault here--it made them unable to resign harden.

still amnestying Perkins seems like it would of been the smarter move

underkanter

Neo Member
still amnestying Perkins seems like it would of been the smarter move

I agree, amnestying Perkins would of opened up a lot more options for the thunder, but even their team last season was weak in paint presence... I just think they got played by Ibaka, he's great at times but I would never expect him to consistently contribute compared to his paycheck.

shira

Also gotta give props to Lillard. I wish the jazz could of picked him up somehow, he's legit and NBA ready.

We'll see about that. One game against Nash's defence doesn't make him legit, let's see how he does against Tony Parker or Chris Paul for 40 minutes

underkanter

Neo Member
So Amare, grant, and now steve are all injured?

Aaron Nelson doesnt play

Its what happens when they leave the warmth of phoenix. Either that or Nelson has a secret he's not telling anyone about

Shame the suns blew it tonight (despite being a jazz fan, I live in phoenix currently)

We'll see about that. One game against Nash's defence doesn't make him legit, let's see how he does against Tony Parker or Chris Paul for 40 minutes

very true, but Lillard seems to get it. What he did tonight was completely expected. He's no paul or williams yet but if the blazers fail to make the playoffs this year, it won't be because of their rookie PG.

The Clippers are gunna get up in dat LA ass on Friday. Paul/Bledsoe backcourt is gunna go ham. and there's gunna be at least one flagrant foul in that game from somebody's frontcourt.

K-19

Banned
Wow, Lackers lost again? I was watching the replay on NBA time when I spoiled myself with my fantasy team (Batum!!!). So Nash get injuried,is it serious? I didn't notice it on the replay.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Harden with 37? But can't average 20pts and will be a "horrible" number 1 amirite?

he had a monster game. Like a LBJ like performance. If he does close to this regularly I will be the first to say I was wrong... It was a career game for him.

Don't think anyone doubted he could score 20 ppgs

KingGondo

Banned
he had a monster game. Like a LBJ like performance. If he does close to this regularly I will be the first to say I was wrong... It was a career game for him.

Definitely not. He scored 40 coming off the bench last year in one game, and the Houston offense revolves around him. He's always been incredibly efficient.

I'll be the first to admit Presti done fucked up if Harden keeps this up.

As I said, the problem with re-signing him (even at the final offer we gave him) is that it severely compromises our flexibility within a couple years. If we're paying KD, Westbrook, and Harden max deals, it's hard to fill up the roster and counteract the good teams we'd meet in the playoffs like the Clippers, Lakers, and Grizz (all of which have consistent inside play). You still need guys who are at the very least competent on the inside, even in today's NBA.

If Ibaka improves and develops into a consistent game-changer on both ends, OKC will be fine. And I still expect Presti to get something nice in return for the assets he got in the Harden trade.

If not, the Harden trade may go down as a franchise-altering mistake.

charsace

I always thought he would a 22, 6ast, 4-6reb guy as a first option. Like Grant Hill except not quiet as good. If he puts up 25+ that would be beyond my expectations of him in his first season as the 1st option.

His floor game was monster tonight and say what you will about the team he played, Stuckey isn't a slouch when it comes to man defense. He made Stuckey look like a fool last night. Last night dude went there and through game told Stuck, "Yo, we I'm on another level son."

Blackace

Definitely not. He scored 40 coming off the bench last year in one game, and the Houston offense revolves around him. He's always been incredibly efficient.

As I said, the problem with re-signing him (even at the final offer we gave him) is that it severely compromises our flexibility within a couple years. If we're paying KD, Westbrook, and Harden max deals, it's hard to fill up the roster and counteract the good teams we'd meet in the playoffs like the Clippers, Lakers, and Grizz (all of which have consistent inside play). You still need guys who are at the very least competent on the inside, even in today's NBA.

If Ibaka improves and develops into a consistent game-changer on both ends, OKC will be fine. And I still expect Presti to get something nice in return for the assets he got in the Harden trade.

It was a career game all for him. He sored 40 once before but it was a career high in ast and from what I have seen he has not put up a line like this before.. 3 points shy of his career high point total doesn't make his debut not a career night..

Blackace

I always thought he would a 22, 6ast, 4-6reb guy as a first option. Like Grant Hill except not quiet as good. If he puts up 25+ that would be beyond my expectations of him in his first season as the 1st option.

His floor game was monster tonight and say what you will about the team he played, Stuckey isn't a slouch when it comes to man defense. He made Stuckey look like a fool last night. Last night dude went there and through game told Stuck, "Yo, we I'm on another level son."

I can agree, but the Pistons are a clusterfuck of a team.. They have no identity on O and barely one on D.

But all I can say is he dominated.. Fully.

Friday can't get here soon enough, I need to get some lolcat 2.0 action.

Also, how long till the lakers make a trade to shore up their bench?

charsace

And Dion Waiters clowned Bradley Beal on opening night. Waiters locked him up and my playered his pockets one time for an easy dunk. Beal was content to get shut down and watch Jordan Crawful chuck away.

Anthony Davis looks so damn legit that its crazy. Dude has range on his jumper and excellent floor game for a big. He never really showed this in HS or Kentucky.

dat Serge Ibaka future. your best hope is Lamb, not Ibaka, and he'll take years to develop with the few minutes getting tossed his way.

charsace

dat Serge Ibaka future. your best hope is Lamb, not Ibaka, and he'll take years to develop with the few minutes getting tossed his way.

I can see Presti's thinking. Bigs are hard to find. Ibaka is decent and young. He blocks shots and can stretch the floor. And in the Olympics he showed a little post game. That's enough to get a guy paid.

I didn't know Kevin Sampson was a member of the Rockets coaching staff. Must be good to have a top flight college coach as an assistant.

SamuraiX-

And Dion Waiters clowned Bradley Beal on opening night. Waiters locked him up and my playered his pockets one time for an easy dunk. Beal was content to get shut down and watch Jordan Crawful chuck away.

Anthony Davis looks so damn legit that its crazy. Dude has range on his jumper and excellent floor game for a big. He never really showed this in HS or Kentucky.

Not sure about high school, but he was so poorly utilized at UK it wasn't even funny. I just hope Austin Rivers doesn't end up playing major minutes next to him.

charsace

Just watched the Houston press conference when they got Harden. This is what Harden said about the trade. He says he played a lesser role in OKC for the better of the team. He says he was still a leader there, but took a lesser role on the court. With the Rockets he said he would be the first option and lead like he has before he was in the NBA and how he lead with the Thunder off the court.

His losing him going to hit the OKC locker room too? I know he was to go between on the court for Durant and Shotcrook. If he was really that vocal off the court then this is a big hit. Who will be strong enough to talk some of the game managing away from Shotcrook now that Harden isn't doing it?

I can see Presti's thinking. Bigs are hard to find. Ibaka is decent and young. He blocks shots and can stretch the floor. And in the Olympics he showed a little post game. That's enough to get a guy paid.

I didn't know Kevin Sampson was a member of the Rockets coaching staff. Must be good to have a top flight college coach as an assistant.

yo get power in your place?

some of my other northeastern fellers have not been as fortunate

Top Bottom