• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.
Its funny how panned rivers was too. no one really liked his game.

The whole gamble was that, because he's been around his dad so much he'd know the NBA game better.

I loved all the guys hyping him up as a PG when he had no court vision or quality decision making in college.

None of the guys that said he could be a PG gave a reason why, but they seemed pretty convinced about it.

Lkr

Unfortunately the Lakers won't be firing Brown with his awful contract, so here's hoping he scraps the Princeton before tomorrow night

GAF, should I keep Marcus Thornton on my fantasy roster?

I can choose 5 guys to keep.

Automatic Keeps
Lebron
Josh Smith
LaMarcus Aldridge

Rest of Team
Kyle Lowry
Marcus Thornton
Kevin Garnett
Okafor
Rest are scrubs.

Should I keep Thornton? KG? Lowry? All seem like they are in a weird spot.

shira

Its funny how panned rivers was too. no one really liked his game.

The whole gamble was that, because he's been around his dad so much he'd know the NBA game better.
Then Jordan's kids should have been drafted first round.

Where are Shawn Kemp's kids?

giri

GAF, should I keep Marcus Thornton on my fantasy roster?

I can choose 5 guys to keep.

Automatic Keeps
Lebron
Josh Smith
LaMarcus Aldridge

Rest of Team
Kyle Lowry
Marcus Thornton
Kevin Garnett
Okafor
Rest are scrubs.

Should I keep Thornton? KG? Lowry? All seem like they are in a weird spot.

Has okafor ever been useful in fantasy for anything other than FG%?

Jeff-DSA

The worst part is, he was defended really really well. Just an amazing move.

That reach at the end that spurred on the spin was really a lack of focus though. All he needed to do was stay in front, there was no reason to make a play at the ball. CP3 was bottled up if he just keeps him occupied.

giri

That reach at the end that spurred on the spin was really a lack of focus though. All he needed to do was stay in front, there was no reason to make a play at the ball. CP3 was bottled up if he just keeps him occupied.

Yup, you're right, i missed that at the end. Gambled and lost.

They should have let his ass walk. I don't understand the logic of committing tens of millions of dollars to a guy who doesn't want your money and says as much publicaly. Then again that's why their the Hornets.

Because no guard of his potential caliber will sign in New Orleans. Small market teams have to gamble in free agency and I suppose they thought him getting a ton of money to play with a guy who could win a couple of MVPs would be enticing enough to get him to change his mind.

pilonv1

Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami

Comcast announces GSW telecast last night had the highest rating for a GSW season-opener since 1995. It's all the @ricbucher anticipation.

Warriors are a hit

giri

Because no guard of his potential caliber will sign in New Orleans. Small market teams have to gamble in free agency and I suppose they thought him getting a ton of money to play with a guy who could win a couple of MVPs would be enticing enough to get him to change his mind.

I can't hate on what NOH did. I think they made the right move.

But if he keeps this shit up, i'd ship his ass to Toronto for the right pieces. Just to fuck him off.

(Or ship him to PHX, as we'll take him!)

Jeff-DSA

But if he keeps this shit up, i'd ship his ass to Toronto for the right pieces. Just to fuck him off.

They'll probably send him to LA for Ebanks and rights to Adam Morrison after the Lakers sign him off of waivers. Or is that not enough in LA's favor to see happen?

pilonv1

remember how high we were on them last season, pilon?

ahh those were the days.

Did we get guaranteed playoffs this year again?

I think someone has put Lacob on a leash, he hasn't made any outlandish predictions in months. Probably has something to do with how shitty Lee is playing

Bread

Banned
bought 2k13 for the pc today, it plays great especially with the ps3 controller plugged in. too bad the soundtrack sucks.

exarkun

Wut. If you ship him to Toronto that might make him happier because he'd be playing with a very good PG and a good C with a decent backup.

Unless you meant the city would suck, but even then I like Toronto alot. But I know its shit compared to other cities for marketability.

giri

Wut. If you ship him to Toronto that might make him happier because he'd be playing with a very good PG and a good C with a decent backup.

Unless you meant the city would suck, but even then I like Toronto alot. But I know its shit compared to other cities for marketability.

I'd ship him as far away from his ideal city and situation as possible (where i could also get a few good pieces).

NOH would also get lowry & Amir in the deal, or something like that.

Remember, he's on a max contract atm, so anyone who trades for him has to give up ~15M in salary (or exceptions).

charsace

Larry Brown took those 20 pages of stats, rolled them up, and shoved them right up DJ's ass.

So that's why Jax had no respect for him?

And Gordon is being really unprofessional if he isn't hurt. He wanted to play for the Suns, but the Hornets resigned him. He has the chance to play with a young guy that is potentially a franchise talent. Get over it and play.

Harden got traded from a contender to a rebuilding team and dude still seems focused. Harden said the NBA is still a business, you have to be prepared to relocate. And went out and toyed with Stuckey and the Pistons.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So that's why Jax had no respect for him?

And Gordon is being really unprofessional if he isn't hurt. He wanted to play for the Suns, but the Hornets resigned him. He has the chance to play with a young guy that is potentially a franchise talent. Get over it and play.

Harden got traded from a contender to a rebuilding team and dude still seems focused. Harden said the NBA is still a business, you have to be prepared to relocate. And went out and toyed with Stuckey and the Pistons.

Even Katrina didn't want to be in New Orleans

charsace

Even Katrina didn't want to be in New Orleans

NO future doesn't look that bad to me so I don't understand Gordon's actions. I think Monty is a good coach and they have a franchise caliber player in Davis. They have young guys that could also turn out well. If Eric Gordon would get on board they would have a bright future.

I knew things would go bad though because after they drafted Rivers Gordon was saying the Hornets drafted his replacement. That was a huge red flag. Gordon also pulled something similar when in college when Sampson got fired.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
NO future doesn't look that bad to me so I don't understand Gordon's actions. I think Monty is a good coach and they have a franchise caliber player in Davis. They have young guys that could also turn out well. If Eric Gordon would get on board they would have a bright future.

I knew things would go bad though because after they drafted Rivers Gordon was saying the Hornets drafted his replacement. That was a huge red flag. Gordon also pulled something similar when in college when Sampson got fired.

Did you see that opener? They had the #1 draft pick and had empty seats all over the place. That location is a joke.

Flash

I'd ship him as far away from his ideal city and situation as possible (where i could also get a few good pieces).

NOH would also get lowry & Amir in the deal, or something like that.

Remember, he's on a max contract atm, so anyone who trades for him has to give up ~15M in salary (or exceptions).

not Lowry! they can have Demar and Fields, that's like 16 mil right there :3

I'm honestly jealous of franchises like NOH... lose Chris Paul one year, get Anthony Davis the next. This is why teams should know the important of tanking properly (and when to tank).

Vahagn

Eh. Chris momentarily lost control of the ball right before that spin, you can see the ball at at the end of CP's reach. It was a gamble, but all steal attempts are. If he stole the ball he'd probably have a clear path to the basket and he should have had a defender in the paint as protection.

Not a great steal attempt, but I can't fault him for reaching in there, CP3 just shielded him off with his off arm and then made an amazing spin move and there was no help D.

One of those, "great offense beats good defense any day" type situations.

Edit: Watching it again, CP3 loses the ball in his left hand after the crossover, has to dribble one more time to get full control before the spin. It was a great instinctive time to go for the steal, but CP3 slightly moved his body and his off arm to shield the defender and that second quick dribble before the spin get him his control back. Great move by CP but can't fault him for the steal attempt there because the defender goes for it after he sees CP mishandle the ball on the crossover. Just a natural thing to do at that point.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Whatever happened to Troy Murphy. Dude was pretty decent back in like 2009 and then he fell off the cliff. Surprised hes still getting NBA jobs at this point.

Top Bottom