• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

charsace

I thought the MyPlayer teammate AI was just bullshit the game did to you to keep things close. Shotcrook's performance last is making rethink that belief.

I really wonder what it's like to be Cari Champion at ESPN when it's off air with all those other dudes around

She must get hit on at rates unknown to mankind

If Steve Phillips is any indication than they aren't very picky. Anything with a vagina probably gets hit on at rates unknown to mankind over there.

with no Harden, Westbrook pulling the kind of shit he pulled last night loses games for them. either Brooks puts a leash on him or he keeps doing him and the whole locker room hates him. If their record against playoff teams is bad or middling by trade deadline,something major happens to that roster.

KingGondo

Banned
Don't stats say the Thunder are more successful when Westbrook goes full-retard? I don't know if anything is likely to change. PEACE.
He's definitely at his best when he's nearly (but not quite) out of control.

He's a double-edged sword. He's capable of looking like the best player in the league, and he's also capable of 3-19 shooting and boneheaded plays down the stretch.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Don't stats say the Thunder are more successful when Westbrook goes full-retard? I don't know if anything is likely to change. PEACE.
Naw. Their offense went from Boston-tier to Godlike when Harden was in though.

linsivvi

After the Lakers Clippers game tonight. I will have a meltdown that will go into the record books.

How about some perspective? After the playoffs last season it looked like the Lakers were just waiting till 2014 where they can rebuild. Even if they start 0-5 they will still be in a better position then anyone could've reasonably imagined.

So take a chill pill and relax. They'll be fine and by the all-star break they'll look mighty.

Canuck76

Banned
with no Harden, Westbrook pulling the kind of shit he pulled last night loses games for them. either Brooks puts a leash on him or he keeps doing him and the whole locker room hates him. If their record against playoff teams is bad or middling by trade deadline,something major happens to that roster.

The westbrook hate has gone so far overboard....

Major part of their finals run last year.

Also Harden's had one good game. Let's stop splooging all over him and just see how he is consistently as a starter.

And the new nba.com sucks

Where is the best place to find actual full game highlights that summarize the game?
I went to NBA.com and Espn.com and all I could find was random videos mainly videos that stir controversy (Kobe Bryant's comment, Spurs' Coach when asked at half-time if he was "happy" with his offense) or circus shot videos and other random videos. There seemed to be no cohesiveness with the videos.

For example, I would like to find highlights that summarize the games that took place yesterday and their outcomes as seen usually during half-time shows or EPSN news.
Is there any place like this on the net as I don't have EPSN at the moment.

Thanks.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

Also Harden's had one good game. Let's stop splooging all over him and just see how he is consistently as a starter.

Harden was the reason they even got into the Finals. Westbrook played so fucking terrible during the WCF.

Where is the best place to find actual full game highlights that summarize the game?
I went to NBA.com and Espn.com and all I could find was random videos mainly videos that stir controversy (Kobe Bryant's comment, Spurs' Coach when asked at half-time if he was "happy" with his offense) or circus shot videos and other random videos. There seemed to be no cohesiveness with the videos.

For example, I would like to find highlights that summarize the games that took place yesterday and their outcomes as seen usually during half-time shows or EPSN news.

Thanks.
Espn.com usually has game highlight video links on the game summary page of each game.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Where's the best place one can learn about how the NBA championships work?
I've been watching youtube videos and really am starting to get drawn into it. It isn't really at thing here in Europe so GAF is the only place I can think of.

I've been watching youtube videos and really am starting to get drawn into it. It isn't really at thing here in Europe so GAF is the only place I can think of.

You can probably get all your questions answered here, or you can check wikipedia.

google nba playoffs and click on the link to wikipedia

thefro

There's 30 teams split into 2 conferences of 15. Each conference is split into 3 divisions, generally by region.

The 3 division winners and the other 5 teams with the best records in each conference go onto the playoffs, where there's a best of 7 series in each round. Then the conference champions play each other in another best of 7 series. So it turns into a 16 team tournament at that point, except that each round is a best of 7 series

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Playoffs

but he played the way he played last night in like every game of the WCF.
game 1 @ San Antonio, 7-21 from the field, more shots than Durant in fewer minutes.
game 2 @ SA, 10-24 from the field, 7 more shots than Durant.
game 3, 5-15 from the field
game 4, 2-10 from the field, but they won cause their bigs hit literally every shot.

game 5,9-24 from the field, again 5 more shots than Durant.

His one good shooting game was game 6.

His Finals numbers are pretty much identical, minus that crazy game where he went like 20-32 from the field.
in every other game his shooting numbers were average, poor, or abysmal. and he chucked more than Durant.
its not even his fault, his coach was giving him the green light to fire away.

dalVlatko

Thanks.

NBA.com usually has match highlights when you click on the score of a game.

http://www.nba.com/games/20121101/OKCSAS/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nbahpgt

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Magic thinks hes gonna be a superstar.

So obviously he will!

The idea that hes only had one good game is hilarious. Dude was a huge part of their success, he wasn't just a regular sixth man off the bench.

Many MSG employees are unable to work fur to the damage from Hurricane Sandy. Employees that don't show up are being required to use up personal days and vacation time. Some vacation, huh.

Kevtones

Nolan Smith played alright for Nolan Smith on Wednesday but he doesn't come off as a good back up.

I'd love to see some Will Barton tonight. Guy has a really well-rounded game and can play the point. Hope Stotts gets him in.

h3ro

is new york aight with this Knicks game about to pop off? I mean, even Dwade doesnt think the game should be played.

I'm not alright with it at all. It reeks of hubris. This city is in no way ready for sporting events. Anyone that draws the parallel to 9/11 and the sporting events that followed can eat all the dicks. Who are we showing our resiliency to? The ocean?

I'm not watching the game tonight. Not out of some moral stand. I just don't have electricity. Just like the rest of the majority of this city.

AirBrian

Some people will talk about Kobe and Lebron, but the real rising stars in the NBA right now are James Harden, Darren Collison, Chandler Parsons, Ryan Anderson, and Eddy Curry.

Eddie Curry is not good anymore as soon as the rising star Troy Murphy passes a physical.

There shouldn't be a game in NYC right now. Especially when most of the workers can't make it because their homes are destroyed. Also sucks for me because the Knicks are playing around the same time as J-Lin.

There shouldn't be a game in NYC right now. Especially when most of the workers can't make it because their homes are destroyed. Also sucks for me because the Knicks are playing around the same time as J-Lin.

Plus imagine how bad the traffic will be for the players driving in to the arena.

h3ro

Plus imagine how bad the traffic will be for the players driving in to the arena.

Good thing this is what most of this year's knicks roll up to games in:

xnu7C.jpg

giri

I know it's a big request... But I'd like to see the consensus 2nd-best player in the world be more central to our gameplan.

Now that Harden is gone, he needs to get 25+ shots per game.

How on earth is Durant going to get 25 shots? he basically will have to mug YNB to do that.

Top Bottom