• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 Major League Soccer |OT| THIS LEAGUE IS RELEVANT!

Askani

Well shit. 3-0. This is one of the worst games SKC have played all season. We look flat and awful. Not getting anything started. Union aren't playing magical, but just very solid all over the place and keeping us down. Really could have used at least a road point.

Askani

Okay...now this is just laughable. 4-0. Fucking Four to Nothing. They scored 8 goals all season before this game. Goddamn ridiculous.

Vermes needs to kick some ass in the locker room after the game.

Nesotenso

Okay...now this is just laughable. 4-0. Fucking Four to Nothing. They scored 8 goals all season before this game. Goddamn ridiculous.

Vermes needs to kick some ass in the locker room after the game.

Yeah, lackluster effort. We still have a chance to top the east. Lots of games in a short space of time was always going to be hard. Scheduling is messed up. From Seattle to Philly.

What a great night at PPL!

The crowd, the team, the atmophere...energized from the start, plus it helps when Jack Mac nets a goal :58 sec. in :)

Serious difference in Hacks style vs. Nowak.
Against DC you could see something and tonight they showed it.

Hoppenot has seem to become our new French guy :)
Coming in late vs. DC last week he had the shot off the post as well as some other near goals, this week he not only sneaks a chip past Nielsen but draws a PK plus has an earlier near goal on another chip attempt.
Both him and Jack Mac were finding the perfect spots.

Stayed a bit late meeting the players, giving KC players the finger, chanting "Bridgette Nielsen" at Jimmy..great night for once at PPL
Hoppenot.jpg
farfan2.jpg
farfan1.jpg

Canuck76

Banned
Portland really needs to mature. Those last 20 minutes were pretty crappy, and i wouldn't have been surprised if Seattle would have stolen that game at some point

xbhaskarx

This league is crazy, even more so since the end of the break. Pretty much any team can get points in any game. The only team that's not a threat right now is FC Dallas...

This league is crazy, even more so since the end of the break. Pretty much any team can get points in any game. The only team that's not a threat right now is FC Dallas...

That hurts brah. Love this league so much though. NBC is treating this league right. With ESPN, I don't want to see Euro or EPL highlights at the break, show me highlights from yesterday's action and analysis of upcomg games and table.

6a00e54ef2975b8833017742b471b3970d-pi

According to FOX Soccer, the Union have signed former Chicago Fire defender Bakary Soumare, selecting him with the top spot in the MLS Allocation Order, which the Union acquired from the Vancouver Whitecaps in a trade completed last week.

An MLS Defender of the Year finalist in 2008, the 26-year-old Soumare brings an imposing presence to an athletic but small Union back-line. At 6-foot-4, he should help give the Union a real force in the air, something the team has lacked since joining MLS in 2010.

Details on the trade between the Union and Whitecaps were not available at the time of the story, but sources tell SBI that the Union paid Vancouver allocation money to move up. The sum of the allocation is believed to be between $100K and $125K to move up to the top spot in the MLS Allocation Order, the order used to assign returning U.S. national team players and former MLS players previously sold by the league.
Soumare left Chicago in 2009 to join then French First Division side Boulogne on a $2 million transfer, a record for an MLS defender at the time.

The Union have been courting Soumare for more than three months, with his acquisition part of the long-term plan of former Philadelphia head coach Peter Nowak, who traded away veteran defender Dan Califf in anticipation of the arrival of Soumare. Nowak parted ways with the Union last week, and has been replaced by interim head coach and long-time assistant John Hackworth.

Seems like a good pick up for the Union, anyone else know much about the guy?

Askani

Wow. The YouTube stream of the SKC / Dayton game for the US Cup REALLY REALLY REALLY fucking sucks.

It is constantly loading and skipping. Are they all this bad?

Askani

3-0 win for SKC. Now we have to go back to Philly after that shitty last game we played there. That's either going to intimidate us and Philly will give us fits, or we're going to go in super pissed and get revenge. Should be a good game.

6a00e54ef2975b8833017742b471b3970d-pi

Seems like a good pick up for the Union, anyone else know much about the guy?

someone posted this highlight video on BigSoccer, dude looks like the truth

http://youtu.be/NiV_mXEVpwY

3-0 win for SKC. Now we have to go back to Philly after that shitty last game we played there. That's either going to intimidate us and Philly will give us fits, or we're going to go in super pissed and get revenge. Should be a good game.

looking forward to the rematch we are def not 4 goals better than you guys. should be a good one

I know I'm looking ahead, but does anyone know where the Open Cup Final is played? Is it neutral site or one of the team's home stadiums? I expect the Sounders fans on here would know.

TFC winning by two goals yet again... that has been bad luck for them the last 2 games.... hopefully it's different this time!

edit: Up 3-0 now. Even TFC won't blow this lead!

What the hell TFC? You gonna pull a Leafs now and win a bunch of games only to miss the playoffs by one point?

They look a lot more dangerous now that Mariner is coaching. They look dangerous offensively in almost every game now.. however aside from last night, they still look horrible on defense.

elsk

Banned
^Woah, those ads are very nice.

Btw, Boniek García (Honduras) was finally signed and presented by Houston Dynamo. Looking forward to see him playing in the MLS:

Boniek-Garcia_448_338.jpg

I got my tickets to the Open Cup Semi's

homepage-banner-v2.jpg

Hate the fact that I missed the other OC games but its gonna be great to see them take on KC

My intake of Union games , and driving to PPL (90minutes), in July is overwelming...shit takes alot out of you lol. The heat, beer, singing and jumping...I'm gonna be physically and financially spent by the time Aug. rolls around.
Parking, Merch for the kiddo, food, and over-priced stadium beer are gonna kill me..
7/8 vs. Toronto
7/11 vs. KC (Open Cup game)
7/14 vs. Montreal
7/18 vs. Aston Villa (International friendly)
7/25 MLS All-Star vs. Chelsea!!
7/29 vs. New England

Tho fuckers better keep up the winning..

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
That goal on SKC was bad. Chicago had three on two break and they played it perfectly. We're being too reckless.

chicago has had so many counter chances. skc does a great job of possession and attacking, but seems to lose focus and get burned on the backend regularly

Top Bottom