• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 Major League Soccer |OT| THIS LEAGUE IS RELEVANT!

Askani

chicago has had so many counter chances. skc does a great job of possession and attacking, but seems to lose focus and get burned on the backend regularly

It was a huge problem two years ago, and last year too but we were getting better. This year we improved even more and didn't allow as many chances, but the last few games we're getting back to old habits. Today we're putting everything forward and it's hurt us again.

It's frustrating to get all these free kicks with no goal to show for it.

Yup, and they're getting frustrated and you can see it.

Askani

So much effort and so much nothing. Freaking frustrating as fuck. We have SO MANY chances in games and we just DON'T GET GOALS. Leave way too much on the field for the talent we have. Damn.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Pontius is having a great year. I just hope he stays injury free. Is anyone else watching any matches? I wish this thread moved faster so I didn't have to post multiple times in a row. I'll probably watch the SJ/LA match after this.

Slizz

Pontius is having a great year. I just hope he stays injury free. Is anyone else watching any matches? I wish this thread moved faster so I didn't have to post multiple times in a row. I'll probably watch the SJ/LA match after this.

I'm gonna watch the SJ/LA game today. Watched the KC/CHI match yesterday.

I wanted to try and watch more MLS this season but it's not going so well. They hardly advertise the MLS games on ESPN unless you're watching a PL game or a EURO match and by the end of that match I've forgotten the date and time for the MLS match. Then NBC Sports Network is great, but I hardly see ads for games on that channel.

Slizz

Digging the pullups on the crossbar celebration.

Someone mute the "WOOOOO'ing" female next to the camera though...

EDIT:

BECKHAMMMM

Slizz

Oof. That OG pretty much unavoidable, Donovan probably would have slotted it in.

Hope SJ can tie it before the end of the first half. Been an entertaining match so far.

EDIT:

Welp thats_that.jpg

Babalu.

oh wtf LA how could you not score there!

and show the handball replay damnit. everyone threw their hands up at the same time.

xbhaskarx

Marvin Chavez is pretty good with corners, isn't he?

Here's a photo I took from the third row of Chavez' corner kick on the Bernardez goal:
wVBpG.jpg
Beckham

Slizz

Here's a photo I took from the third row of Chavez' corner kick on the Bernardez goal:

Beckham

Great action shots man.

How was the sun in the area you were sitting? It was really bright during the beginning of the game, pretty hard to see the ball travel from shadow to light sometimes.

Soooo...that Philly vs. houston game last night..

FUCK!

Maybe Farfan put a bit to much elbow into Chings back but c'mon you cant make that call on such a tight game that has had a lack of calls the whole game.

Oh well, we lose another one..

Soooo...that Philly vs. houston game last night..

FUCK!

Maybe Farfan put a bit to much elbow into Chings back but c'mon you cant make that call on such a tight game that has had a lack of calls the whole game.

Oh well, we lose another one..

we had our chances and blew them, and only trailing 1-0 at the half was as good of a result as you could have prayed for

PK looked bogus but I'm not bothered by the loss, JP and Rigby were the ultimate homers on the local telecast saying we "deserved better". Just watching the highlights on the MLS site and listening to the Dynamo television guys makes me weep that we have such clowns on ours

we had our chances and blew them, and only trailing 1-0 at the half was as good of a result as you could have prayed for

PK looked bogus but I'm not bothered by the loss, JP and Rigby were the ultimate homers on the local telecast saying we "deserved better". Just watching the highlights on the MLS site and listening to the Dynamo television guys makes me weep that we have such clowns on ours

Rigby is such a "company man" it makes me sick. Wish just for once they would man up and be honest when the U play like shit.

Did you hear that Aleko and Guiterrez are supposedly got fired! Both seem like great guys and good for the organization but who knows anymore what the heck is going on..

Rigby is such a "company man" it makes me sick. Wish just for once they would man up and be honest when the U play like shit.

Did you hear that Aleko and Guiterrez are supposedly got fired! Both seem like great guys and good for the organization but who knows anymore what the heck is going on..

damn, didnt hear that, I honestly figured they might leave with Peter and was kind of happy Diego stuck around as he's seemingly been key in us landing some of our good international players

oh well

Askani

Lots of people whining about the 2 PKS against Montreal in the Montreal/SKC match. I don't have a problem with them, but I'm a SKC guys so...yeah. That being said, the handball in the goal it pretty clear. I don't think he did it intentionally, but it did come off his forearm in the box. If he's not there to knock it down, Sapong has an almost assured goal.

Then Anaurds PK call for taking down Saad in the box...IDK, but I would say it was at least 50/50 call. Saad was making a break in the box and Arnaud clearly had his left arm hooked around him as he went down. If I was a Montreal fan I would probably be pissed, but as a SKC fan I can make a case for it.

Also, Arnaud was freaking out all game and got a yellow for his troubles. I don't remember him being so much of a cry baby but it's been awhile since I've watched him. At any rate he's off for accumulation. Someone else for Montreal is out for accumulation too but I can't remember if it's Warner or Martins. Either way, I guess that's good news for whoever they play next.

Nesotenso

Lots of people whining about the 2 PKS against Montreal in the Montreal/SKC match. I don't have a problem with them, but I'm a SKC guys so...yeah. That being said, the handball in the goal it pretty clear. I don't think he did it intentionally, but it did come off his forearm in the box. If he's not there to knock it down, Sapong has an almost assured goal.

Then Anaurds PK call for taking down Saad in the box...IDK, but I would say it was at least 50/50 call. Saad was making a break in the box and Arnaud clearly had his left arm hooked around him as he went down. If I was a Montreal fan I would probably be pissed, but as a SKC fan I can make a case for it.

Also, Arnaud was freaking out all game and got a yellow for his troubles. I don't remember him being so much of a cry baby but it's been awhile since I've watched him. At any rate he's off for accumulation. Someone else for Montreal is out for accumulation too but I can't remember if it's Warner or Martins. Either way, I guess that's good news for whoever they play next.

Sapong and Bunbury have been disappointing lately. Saad should get some more starts to show what he can do.

xbhaskarx

Two really nice goals from the Union

Haha Galolxy

Apparently Lampard and his wife were at the game, watching with Beckham in the AEG suite. Rumor is the Galaxy offered him $20 million over two years. That could explain why Donovan is selling his house...

British reports claim Galaxy offered Chelsea's Frank Lampard 2-year, $20 million offer, and that MF is strongly considering a move to LA.

Also at the game (according to twitter), Jermaine Jones and Mauricw Edu.

xbhaskarx

New York Times: MLS Seen as Steppingstone to Europe for Promising Young Players

This is from a few weeks ago but I just saw it browsing NYT

Listmania: Top 10 U.S. (Small- to Midsize) Soccer Cities

If there were ever doubts that soccer in the United States has found a home far beyond the big urban centers, a new survey released by Livability.com seems to put them to rest.

The survey found a correlation between the number of tournaments a city hosted, the size of soccer clubs and the quality of fields as an indicator of a city’s livability.

The top 10:

1. Overland Park, Kan.
2. Plano, Tex.
3. San Bernardino, Calif.
4. Rock Hill, S.C.
5. Murfreesboro, Tenn.
6. Chapel Hill, N.C.
7. Appleton, Wis.
8. West Jordan, Utah
9. Scottsdale, Ariz.
10. Princeton, N.J.

-Mikey-

HI! Coming over from the MLS attendance thread. I usually only watch international matches and that isn't easy living in murrica. I haven't had the chance to watch a MLS match but I'll do my best to fix that.

Go Crew!

Top Bottom