• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 Major League Soccer |OT| THIS LEAGUE IS RELEVANT!

Askani

Wow. Jimmy Nielsen won save of the week. Really? Don't get me wrong, it was a great save, but not save of the week compared to the MacMath save, or the MacMath/Williams save, or the Pertuz save. Either SKC has some really dedicated voters or the rest of the league's fans need to get off their butts and vote on these (admittedly meaningless) things.

Dane Richards and Le Toux were exchanged between Vancouver and New York.

Gah..
Well, gonna be the first Red Bull I dont despise lol.

On a brighter note, Michael Lahoud just gave me 4 tickets to tomorrows game via Facebook.
I hit like on his status to win the tickets and I won :)

Kind of deabting what to do with them since I have 3 season tickets already. I mean if there better then my current seats, sure I wanna sit there but I hate to bring 4 people along and let them use my supporter seats while I go sit somewheres else or tell them "Oh, those tickets I won are better so here take mine"

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Dane Richards and Le Toux were exchanged between Vancouver and New York.

I get home from work to see this news?!

ibnNtEYgN7dTb.gif

YES!

Gah..
Well, gonna be the first Red Bull I dont despise lol.

On a brighter note, Michael Lahoud just gave me 4 tickets to tomorrows game via Facebook.
I hit like on his status to win the tickets and I won :)

Kind of deabting what to do with them since I have 3 season tickets already. I mean if there better then my current seats, sure I wanna sit there but I hate to bring 4 people along and let them use my supporter seats while I go sit somewheres else or tell them "Oh, those tickets I won are better so here take mine"

Le Toux goes from status of cheering every game to now neutral for me
I can't boo the guy, but he plays for the enemy now so I can't cheer him during introductions or anything anymore

Lahoud is the man, but dont be "that guy" and give away supporters seats to people that dont know what they are getting into

Le Toux goes from status of cheering every game to now neutral for me
I can't boo the guy, but he plays for the enemy now so I can't cheer him during introductions or anything anymore

Lahoud is the man, but dont be "that guy" and give away supporters seats to people that dont know what they are getting into

Well, I have my sons coach and his 3 sons Im thinking about.

Ive brought 1 son with me twice and brought the coach and 2 of his sons to the FC Schalke game. So they "kinda" have a grasp on it and have been telling me mutiple times how incredible the experince was and that next season he is gonna spring for seaons tickets in the RE for them all.
He's a stand up guy and the kids are great plus they know the what the environment is like, and like I said I can trust them to not act like dicks.

Had my brother and a few and his friends bugging me to go, but no way am I letting my seats be used by them EVER. I had to force them to wear my extra Union jerseys cause they wanted to wear Philles/Eagles T's plus on top of that I dont trust them to not act like fools. No way in hell would they ever touch my RE tickets without my supervision.

Most likely I'll invite the coach and his sons and let them use the free tickets, unless there AMAZING tickets theres problably a very slight chance they will be better then were I am now in the River End. Plus on top of that I dont wanna hand off my RE season ticket card and lose my ability to head to the tunnel pre-game/half/post game to cheer on the team and talk shit to Montreal lol.

I honestly didnt expect him to pick me, and I kinda felt bad accepting them since Im already a season ticket holder. But he announced it at like 8 tonight and I didnt see it till 10:30 so I thought it be rude of me to pass plus to late for him to pick another person.

Askani

This ref sucks balls. You let a SKC get dragged down in mid field and they steal the ball, no call. Then 5 seconds later on a good tackle, you call a yellow on SKC. Fuck that noise.

Askani

Oh snap! Kamara didn't score that goal, but he made every part of it happen. Great steal, great control, great speed down the side, great job pulling the second defender over, and a great pass to the perfect spot for Bunbury's shot. Awesome.

Ok ok, everyone..lets talk...

I need to serious discuss the pussification of the MLS..

Seriously, I sit in the supporters section, with my kid, and I get yelled at by some dad for screaming at De Vaio "Just go retire ya piece of shit!"

Really? Its fucking Philly, FILTHY MOTHER FUCKING PHILLY!

As long as your yelling homophobic or racist shit or even dropping he F bomb, man the fuck up or keep your fragile tots out of the supporters section.

rodvik

lawl. The San Jose & Salt Lake game is kicking off. Red card + two yellows from the brawl. ref got a nice shove during it.

Chris R

Vintage Beckham there (catching up on the Timbers/Galaxy game)

edit: Holy shit, he is on fire tonight! Two so far...

edit 2: And now Donovan with the PK. And Keane while I'm typing edit 2... HOLY SHIT I didn't know Portland was this bad.

Jeff-DSA

4-0 now 8)

To be fair the red was deserved (I maybe biased) :)

edit 5-0

Deserved? You're kidding me, right? Like earlier this season when Lenhart pulled Olave down by the shorts and Olave got a red? Deserved like that one was too?

I'm pretty bugged that RSL gave up after that red card. Mental weakness from a recent champ is awful to see.

shoplifter

This ref sucks balls. You let a SKC get dragged down in mid field and they steal the ball, no call. Then 5 seconds later on a good tackle, you call a yellow on SKC. Fuck that noise.

Official was poor. I counted at least 3 times where he stopped play to book someone when he should have played advantage. Tackle on one of your guys (was it Bunbury? can't remember as I was there) toward the end of the match - he was almost free and clear and never lost the ball. Ref should have waved it forward and booked our guy when play stopped.

Askani

Official was poor. I counted at least 3 times where he stopped play to book someone when he should have played advantage. Tackle on one of your guys (was it Bunbury? can't remember as I was there) toward the end of the match - he was almost free and clear and never lost the ball. Ref should have waved it forward and booked our guy when play stopped.

For sure. And I'm not going to claim he was bad against just us. He was bad on both sides.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Do other people agree at while the Homegrown signings are nice for MLS, it still has a long way to go before being successful and developing top talent across the league? FC Dallas now has seven Homegrown players yet they only have a combined playing time this season of around 400 minutes. I think the majority of that is from one or two players. Across the league most of them don't play. Dallas had to send one to Guatamala to develop. My team has been lucky and had two successful Homegrown players.

Ok ok, everyone..lets talk...

I need to serious discuss the pussification of the MLS..

Seriously, I sit in the supporters section, with my kid, and I get yelled at by some dad for screaming at De Vaio "Just go retire ya piece of shit!"

Really? Its fucking Philly, FILTHY MOTHER FUCKING PHILLY!

As long as your yelling homophobic or racist shit or even dropping he F bomb, man the fuck up or keep your fragile tots out of the supporters section.

It's hard. I want the sport to succeed in the USA, and I want people of all ages and family types to enjoy the game. I felt terrible when a family left in a huff after sitting adjacent to my supporter's group; we really ruined their night, and they probably won't be giving MLS another shot.

I think the best solution would be to put disclaimers on tickets sold next to SG sections, and for the SGs to agree to keep profanity out of the chants that can be heard across the stadium.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully the match on ESPN is as good as the matches last night. I'm also looking forward to DC playing tonight and hopefully getting our first win in Houston.

Edit: Hamid loves putting us a man down with his idiotic challenges.

xbhaskarx

Any Whitecaps fans here? What do people think of Rennie's moves?

Out:
Nguyen
Tan
Chiumiento
Le Toux

In:
Robson (DP money)
Richards
Miller (DP money)

Now Koevermans is done for the season. The most cursed sports city on the planet.

The playoffs were already out of reach even before that injury but it will definitely make the rest of the season more painful to watch.
Who knows if he'll even be in playing form for next season either with a bad injury like that.

xbhaskarx

Damn that sucks for Koevermans, he was doing so well yet again. Hopefully he'll recover fully. Can TFC bring Joao Plata back from Ecuador?

Rennie is a genius so I'll trust him. Brah is next Jason Kreis.

Robson has looked terrible so far. Boyd has been nothing special for Portland. We'll have to see how Miller works out but why do these Scottish coaches keep bringing in their countrymen on DP contracts...

Going to Union vs. Aston Villa tonight..

Gonna be about 95 degrees and high chance of thunder storms :/

gonna be a great game but shitty weather wise.

Top Bottom