• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 Major League Soccer |OT| THIS LEAGUE IS RELEVANT!

elsk

Banned
I would like to live in Seattle just to be a fan and go to that amazing stadium every week :p

edit: Is Najar playing? You guys better let him play in the pre-olympic tournament!

s7evn

Will Montreal be worse this year than Vancouver was last year?

I'm expecting them to be similar. They seem to be set at goalkeeper which is good defensively, I just don't think they have the offense to do much this year.

Wow, Vancouver is looking great so far. I know they're playing an expansion team, but still.

They're looking alright; a little sloppy, but not too bad for the first game of the year.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Harkes is back in the DCU booth :(

Serves you right!

We have Shep Messing in the booth so we can't say shit really.
3AQmK.gif

ATF487

I'm liking this new MLS Live

does anyone know if they're still gonna put condensed games on youtube? That was my favorite thing they started doing, it's sorta like match of the day minus the insipid commentary, but if it's on youtube then I won't bother buying live

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I would like to live in Seattle just to be a fan and go to that amazing stadium every week :p

edit: Is Najar playing? You guys better let him play in the pre-olympic tournament!

Yes expect him to always play if he's not hurt or on international duty.

Pre

How has Kansas City not been able to score yet? You'd think that one of these chances would materialize into something.

Askani

Wow...what a finish. Nice job SKC.

I think we could have done more with our, what...60% possession and more than two times as many shots, but a win is a win. Good start to the season.

Been a good day of MLS so far :)

So happy for Le Toux, I'm sure it gave him a boost of confidence and is a mental "fuck you" to Nowak. Me and my son jumped up and scared the dog so bad he started biting me lol.
CJ's goal too was nice!

Happy I took Le Toux and Sapong as my forwards in the fantasy lol.

Watching SJ/NE now. Wondo just had a gol from a Salinas assist.

Hieberrr

Revs can't seem to be able to put anything together. Bringing it up the pitch seems really difficult for them.

SJ looking much better than their opponent, but still out of control and a little jittery.

I can't comment on the LA/RSL game, because my stream died 5ish minutes in
KuGsj.gif
but man, did that game start off boring or what.

s7evn

Great goal by buddle and a goal as I'm typing by Sebastian. 1-1

scratch that. Own goal.

GOAL!!! MORALES 2-1RSL.

Askani

What the heck?! I picked the wrong 3 minutes to put the girls to bed I guess. 1-0 to 1-2. I missed both goals. :lol

I need some replays!

Seems I should have watched the LA game, I ended up watching SJ vs. NE.
Had Busch as my Keeper/Captain in fantasy.

How did everyones day 1 go in fantasy for anyone taking part? I got lucky with a Le Toux/Sapong front but I think Opara not playing and Convey only putting up 3pts is gonna hurt me :( I grabbed Espindola who gave me 7pts and Salinas who put up 7pts with his assist to Wondo. I thought LA would win, picked up Magee and he stunk.. only gave me 2pts too....
Now all my pts are hanging on the Houston Chivas game. I built my backline with Boswell, Cameron and Hainault.
I dont think Chivas is gonna have much fire power to get past them and Hall, plus theres always the usual Houston set piece that sees a defender scoring :)

Im amped still for Monday night. Philly away in Portland nationally televised!
But...to be honest...Im worried.
I know the national stage was given to the game cause of the atmosphere, JELD-WEN is gonna be INSANE! Will it affect the U, sadly I think so...But I have faith in the denfense. Im saying 1-0 the U or 1-1 tie :)

xbhaskarx

Got home from the San Jose game, now watching the RSL game which I care more about and was probably far more interesting.

My fantasy team was pretty mediocre, 30 points is ranked 6/12 in the GAF league and all my starters are done...

I'm liking this new MLS Live

does anyone know if they're still gonna put condensed games on youtube? That was my favorite thing they started doing, it's sorta like match of the day minus the insipid commentary, but if it's on youtube then I won't bother buying live

IIRC you can watch the condensed games without paying for Live by going to their website. I know at least that the iPhone app allows you to do so.

Im riding high on my fantasy for now, #1 in GAF, #2 in my personal (thanks to my son scoring 62!!pts) and #3 for the Union fans league while at #5 for official team league. To early to call tho with how much I got invested in tomorrows game and how little I have on Mondays. Praying alot of people went deep into picks with games from today. Still wishing I made some picks for Mon. game but I couldnt go against Philly nor was I confident in Philly marching into JELD-WEN and puttin gup big numbers :(

Basically, any and all points I gain for for the rest of the week are dependant on the Houston backline. Like I said, praying for a shutout, hoping Hall sees has no trouble due to the D and praying for some offensive output from the back.
Other then that I got the tiny chance Philly brings on there rookie RB/LB (which god willing doesnt happen cause as a Union fan Williams and Lopez play a dmoniate 90) That and 3rd string NYRB keeper :)

I grabbed Silva from TFC also, was cheap..but TFC is on a bye. Any idea what happens with that? Not sure the rules of players on a bye week.

xbhaskarx

Silva is on your bench, where he should be given that he has a bye, so he gets you 0 points like everyone else on your bench.

It's just a week in, but damn does LAG look shaky. We knew the only thing coming in this season that could trip them up was the Omar injury; having conceded five times in just two games this past week, it looks like that question mark has turned into a gaping hole.

On the fantasy front, a lot of the no-brainers wound up not coming through for me this first week... RSL backline, Donovan, and De Ro didn't do anything for me. Only person I got more than the 90 minute points from was from an SKC defender, thanks to their clean sheet. Good news is that more than half my team won't play until the Sunday/Monday matches.

Good opening kick day tho.

Seba netting his first goal in the first 4 of the season, and you know it had to be such a "F' you" feeling to Nowak company.
Other games played out as usual, big ending for KC tho with a beauty of a header by Sapong.
LA vs. RSL was always gonna be a tough one to call. Many of course expecting LA to pull it off. But, like ACad said, glaring example of the problem in LA's D.

Pretty confident Houston is gonna murder Chivas as for NY/Dal...thats a tough one. Both have weapons...both can and have before just might screw up at the wrong time in a big game. I dont wanna jinx Philly and Ive said my peace on what I think might happen, praying for a win...hoping for a tie..relizing that a loss is completely possible with what they are up against.

Bring on the rest of week 1!

TeegsD

I really fucked up on my fantasy picks. Did it all blindly and now I'm last. Its an uphill battle from here. Need to study up more.

Top Bottom