• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

LuchaShaq

Banned
When rose gets his finals MVP this year people will bitch about that too.

That makes no sense.

In the small chance the bulls make/win the finals odds are it will be because of him + team D as a whole so easy choice.

Don't think Boozer has a 2010 Pau esque finals in him.

Gabyskra

Banned
That makes no sense.

In the small chance the bulls make/win the finals odds are it will be because of him + team D as a whole so easy choice.

Don't think Boozer has a 2010 Pau esque finals in him.

Noah would have a bigger chance of winning the Finals MVP than Boozer.

Canuck76

Banned
I've been gone for a little bit (on a mission trip for spring break) but seeing D-12's "Indecision saga" is disgusting. While SVG basically back stabbed a brother, Howard was already gunning for SVG to be fired. So it's not really a back stab. But really Howard doing all this "I'm all in man, this is my team" bullcrap is disgusting.

At this point though it's worse than the decision. Looking back Lebron crushed the people of Cleveland's souls but he never built them up only to tear them down much like Howard has with Magic fans. After that Celtics series loss he said nothing until he the decision.

Meanwhile Howard is selling false hope, like he might actually stay. I remember back when the decision happened and Magic fans begged him on twitter not to leave to which he vehemently denied he ever would. Disgusting. I hope D-will screws him over and goes wherever Howard isn't.

he is pretty much trying to do a bunch of "bad guy" stuff while coming off as the good guy. i cant blame him for voicing his desire to upper management but he should have known he is in a lose lose situation. just make your decision and deal with the consequences like a man, or actually be all in

David Baumann ‏ @DavidBaumann33
Multiple sources close to Dwight Howard tell me Howard indicated he preferred Brian Shaw or Michael Malone to SVG in 2011-12. Story soon.

Michael Malone? Pretty obscure choice.

Flash

I think there's still a chance he'll stay. But they gotta seriously make some changes lol that team is a mess. They got rid of Turk yet TRADED for him a few years later. Makes no sense. And its as if their draft history is non-existent.

I have this terrible fear everytime I tune into ESPN that I'll read Isaiah Thomas is back in NY. It'd be absurd and make no logical sense whatsoever, but I doubt there's a Knick fan out there that didn't suddenly feel a sense of impending doom once word got out he'd been fired at FIU.

Bill Walker and Jared Jeffries will be back for tomorrow's game. Big moves regarding Jeffries but I have no idea how Walker fits in to the rotation now.
I have this terrible fear everytime I tune into ESPN that I'll read Isaiah Thomas is back in NY. It'd be absurd and make no logical sense whatsoever, but I doubt there's a Knick fan out there that didn't suddenly feel a sense of impending doom once word got out he'd been fired at FIU.
Not to mention Stern would block any chance of an Isiah reunion, and recently the higherups at MSG don't want Dolan mentioning Isiah anymore.

I wish Shaw was the coach for The Lakers =l.

I wonder if he was picked as Phil's successor if Dwight would have been willing to sign an extension for LAL.

I think Shaw will give up on trying to coach the Lakers...Its like Mike Sciosscia, will never get the chance to coach the Dodgers even though he is the right choice too...

Gabyskra

Banned
Bill Walker and Jared Jeffries will be back for tomorrow's game. Big moves regarding Jeffries but I have no idea how Walker fits in to the rotation now.

How would you react if you read some guy saying that his team's 10th man coming back is a big move? That team has between 7 and 9 players more important than Jeffries...

Knicks fans, I tell you.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Its only right that the Bobcats hire Shaw and let him destroy LA for the rest of his career.

masud

Banned
How would you react if you read some guy saying that his team's 10th man coming back is a big move? That team has between 7 and 9 players more important than Jeffries...

Knicks fans, I tell you.

With Amar'e out Jeffries is probably gonna start. If Woodson sticks with Melo at the 4 then Jeffries will be the first big off the bench. I don't know where you're getting this 10th man stuff from.

Gabyskra

Banned
With Amar'e out Jeffries is probably gonna start. If Woodson sticks with Melo at the 4 then Jeffries will be the first big off the bench. I don't know where you're getting this 10th man stuff from.

Lin, Fields, Melo, Amare, Chandler, Smith, Shumpert all play a bigger role than him. Novak probably is. Baron is arguable. Nobody cares about Jeffries except for Knicks fans who love to overrate their own and have such a short term memory that they don't remember the many games during which he was booed. I've liked Jeffries okay this year, don't get me wrong, but in no way is it a "big move", especially when it might be Rose that is coming back. It's annoying to me, and it's my team. Sometimes this thread is too Knicks-centric.

Lin, Fields, Melo, Amare, Chandler, Smith, Shumpert all play a bigger role than him. Novak probably is. Baron is arguable. Nobody cares about Jeffries except for Knicks fans who love to overrate their own and have such a short term memory that they don't remember the many games during which he was booed. I've liked Jeffries okay this year, don't get me wrong, but in no way is it a "big move", especially when it might be Rose that is coming back. It's annoying to me, and it's my team. Sometimes this thread is too Knicks-centric.

Jeffries is getting love now because he's one our best defenders. Our defense looks different with him out there. I'm not gonna front and act like I love dude, but his defense makes a difference. Chandler/Shump/Jeffries>>>>>everyone else on defense.

Question: If your were the Sixers (may god have mercy on your soul), and you finally realized that Turner and Holiday can't play together, which one would you choose to keep?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Question: If your were the Sixers (may god have mercy on your soul), and you finally realized that Turner and Holiday can't play together, which one would you choose to keep?

I don't know that I like either of them enough for this to be a real deathmatch.

But Holiday, I guess.

GyJHl.gif

Apparently, Rose might play against the Knicks tomorrow.

Might???

Every indication is that he will barring a setback.

He said before the Boston game that he was going to warm up and if that went well(obviously it didn't), he was playing but if he didn't play, he'd play for sure against the Knicks.

Jeffries is getting love now because he's one our best defenders. Our defense looks different with him out there. I'm not gonna front and act like I love dude, but his defense makes a difference. Chandler/Shump/Jeffries>>>>>everyone else on defense.
This. I'm probably the biggest Jeffries "hater" on the board but his impact on Help D along with Chandler is stark. Dude can guard every position and teleports around, next to Chandler he's the 2nd best defensive big on the team.

It's not that I even hate him per se, I just don't want him to ever touch the basketball on offense and not feel stinging pain all over his body.

Gabyskra

Banned

Why not? I mean, they lack shooting, but defensively, their backcourt (123) is on another planet...

Stick with it for the next few years, improve your frontcourt.

masud

Banned

How am I overrating him? He makes the Knicks a better team at a time where they need to win every game and I'm hapy he's back. The defense and rebounding are clearly better with him on the floor. Sorry if talking about a guy that's probably gonna start for the rest of the season is too Knicks-centric for you.

It's not that I even hate him per se, I just don't want him to ever touch the basketball on offense and not feel stinging pain all over his body.

This is basically how I feel about the guy too and I've made that clear in the past.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Why not? I mean, they lack shooting, but defensively, their backcourt (123) is on another planet...

They can't play together at all. Jrue is an albatross - he isn't a PG, SG, or combo guard. Andre should've been gone years ago. Evan is too busy getting his back blown out by Doug Collins. Its talent and nothing else.

masud

Banned
I think Turner and Holiday can play together. Turner, Holiday and Iggy? I don't know about that.

Basketballs 101 most disrespectful moments on Espn right now.

Does anyone actually like Cleveland?

Alrix

How am I overrating him? He makes the Knicks a better team at a time where they need to win every game and I'm hapy he's back. The defense and rebounding are clearly better with him on the floor. Sorry if talking about a guy that's probably gonna start for the rest of the season is too Knicks-centric for you.

This is basically how I feel about the guy too and I've made that clear in the past.

Jeffries has been an awesome dirty work guy for us this year, and was even scoring a little during Linsanity. His impact isn't as great as Tyson's, but it's definitely the same kind of impact.

I've also heard Amar'e is trying to be back next weekend, so he won't start for too long (hopefully).

I've also heard Amar'e is trying to be back next weekend, so he won't start for too long (hopefully).
Fat chance of that. I don't expect to see him until maybe the 20th of April.
I think Turner and Holiday can play together. Turner, Holiday and Iggy? I don't know about that.
That team needs a shooter, BAD. Ray Allen in that team would be ridiculous, that team has 0 shooters. It's nothing but hustle guys, slashers, and volume scorers. Their big trading deadline deal was to get Sam Young... another defensive hustle guy.

T Dollarz

I will be so pissed if Rose isn't 100% and re-injures that groin. But I am so anxious to finally watch our whole team play together. Do we thing Hamilton will start seeing his full playoff minutes to get ready or no need until the playoffs actually start? I assume that, should we meet Miami in the ECF, Hamilton will be playing above 30 minutes a game. He is the happy medium between Korver and Brewer and should see the majority of minutes, with those two coming in if we especially need offense or defense, respectively.

I will be so pissed if Rose isn't 100% and re-injures that groin. But I am so anxious to finally watch our whole team play together. Do we thing Hamilton will start seeing his full playoff minutes to get ready or no need until the playoffs actually start? I assume that, should we meet Miami in the ECF, Hamilton will be playing above 30 minutes a game. He is the happy medium between Korver and Brewer and should see the majority of minutes, with those two coming in if we especially need offense or defense, respectively.

I could see them giving Rip slightly more minutes after a few games but no, I bet he won't get "playoff minutes" until the playoffs.

I don't know that I like either of them enough for this to be a real deathmatch.

But Holiday, I guess.

This is sadly where I am headed.

Turner's occasional bouts of bitchassness and Jrue lack of a position or role makes me wonder which one I would want....

obviously neither are the type of player you want to build around though.

In theory. Jrue is pretty overrated as a defender. And our defense at one point was pretty close to elite but that doesn't mean shit when you can't score.

But I agree we need a non corpse power forward or a non quarter of a season center...pretty bad.

Top Bottom