• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Cloudy

Banned
Looking at Minnesota now means Rubio should still get Rookie of the year (I mean, he wont, but still)

I mean, look at them. Cavs with Irving arent much different than last year ... in the East!

Wolves with Rubio = playoff contention in the WEST, without him? Saddest team in the league.

4-12 w/o Rubio even though Ridnour isn't a terrible PG. But Kyrie's stats as a rookie cannot be ignored

When you let guys hit open 3s all game, they don't hesitate on the contested ones in crunchtime. The guards (and this starts with Kobe) need to stop being lazy on closeouts for half the game

Telfair started making them coming in the game cold. C'mon.

Lakers defense has been really bad for a month now, though. It's costing them games. It's all effort, too. But I think they're a bit tired and saving themselves. But they can't let it cost them the 3 seed.

Nash hasn't even played this Q and they've nearly given up 60...

Cloudy

Banned
Telfair started making them coming in the game cold. C'mon.

Lakers defense has been really bad for a month now, though. It's costing them games. It's all effort, too. But I think they're a bit tired and saving themselves. But they can't let it cost them the 3 seed.

Nash hasn't even played this Q and they've nearly given up 60...

Bassy's an exception but look at that drive just now. Full-court drive with 4 seconds left. That just doesn't happen vs. Miami, OKC or the Spurs. Our defense is SHIT.

We are dead last in steals because we put ZERO pressure on the other team and just react to whatever they do. Sorry but we are NOT and have never been a good defensive team this year. Unless you think being lucky counts

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/stats/b...team&conference=NBA&year=season_2011&sort=244

38 points in the quarter for the Suns, 0 min for Nash.

That's so disgusting. All they have to do is play like 30 min of defense...

I hope they're really just waiting for the playoffs to defend again. 2 months great, 1 month bad...

Bassy's an exception but look at that drive just now. Full-court drive with 4 seconds left. That just doesn't happen vs. Miami, OKC or the Spurs. Our defense is SHIT.

We are dead last in steals because we put ZERO pressure on the other team and just react to whatever they do

yes, our defense has been bad for a month. I fully acknowledge this. It was really good for the 1st 2 months, but we're getting killed in the paint and 3 which didn't happen earlier.

And that easily Dallas falls to the last spot. Let's hope Utah doesn't go on a win streak or it's a wrap for Dallas. smh @the defending champs.

this is frustrating. Suns are going to score 130...they cannot miss 3s at all. I think they're like 10 of their last 12 or something.

Shooting better than in the gym.

The Lakers are just letting them inbound to half court on made baskets.

Instead of jogging back, why don't next to your man so they can't do that? Fucking idiots.

Expert inside looking in perspective.

Bynum, like plenty thought, looks half as good when opposing teams aren't keying on Kobe (or Kobe's bricks)

Bynum has been about the same as always, minus missing some more FTs (which I guess Kobe is to blame?)

aznpxdd

The Lakers are just letting them inbound to half court on made baskets.

Instead of jogging back, why don't next to your man so they can't do that? Fucking idiots.

Bynum has been about the same as always, minus missing some more FTs (which I guess Kobe is to blame?)

Hes shooting 8/23 dude...

Would be worse if pau didnt gift him some nice passes.

Cloudy

Banned
LMAO @ Ballhog Bynum. Centers shouldn't be shooting 8-23. He has to realize that they are locked in on him w/o Kobe playing and pass out of the swarming D

Hes shooting 8/23 dude...

Yeah, and? He's missed shots. He's not even being doubled, much. The idea is that without Kobe, Bynum isn't getting looks. But he is and just missing them. Missed his lefty flip shot at least 3 times in this game. And some of those misses are tips.

Bad shooting game, but nothing because of Kobe not being out there.

Blake falls asleep on D...

lol @ Kobe face.

Nothing you can do when Brown and Redd hit shots like this. The best games they will have this season.

You don't think he's being swarmed a bit more than usual

No. gortat has mostly played him 1 on 1, actually. He gets doubled less vs Phoenix than most teams, including tonight.

Complaining about the offense is ludicrous. Lakers are on pace for like 110 points and being blown out...

Cloudy

Banned
Complaining about the offense is ludicrous. Lakers are on pace for like 110 points and being blown out...

I'm not complaining about the offense. I'm complaining about Bynum's black-hole offense

That said, we are losing this game on defense. Brown and Redd are fresh not having to guard anyone and it shows

Top Bottom