• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
On that note, we should start talking about awards. I'm gonna open voting in a week and I want nominations for categories. Last time we had

Best NBA .gif
Best photoshop/NBA image
Best photoshopper
Village idiot of the year
Best meltdown
Funniest poster
Best new NBA-age meme
ROTY
Most substantive poster
Best news breaker
Best troll
MVP

Which categories should go, and which should stay? What new categories should be added?

Also, who's a rookie and who is not? I need a list for people to choose from.

I cleaned up that year.

We gotta have a Hall Of Fame class.

You have to have been here at least five years ago and either quit BEST GAF or got banned.

First ballot nominees:

Kangu
Miguel
The Stealth Fox
Green Shinobi (lol)
Absinthe
Pimpwerx
jobber

Best NBA .gif/image
Best photoshopper
Village idiot of the year
Best meltdown
Best new NBA-age meme
Rookie of the year
Sophomore of the year
Most substantive poster
Best troll
MVP

is what I am thinking right now. Maybe a "best stat geek" award?

Also "knows wtf they're talking about" should be a topic too.

Most substantive poster kinda covers that.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Heel Bynum is best Bynum.

Sure but that Mavericks team was different than this Lakers team. Lakers will be lucky to get into the second round and will need a miracle to get into the the conference finals. It would take baby Jesus high fiving baby Muhammad giving birth to baby Joseph Smith and all three forming a tripod with rainbows shooting out of their hands blanketing the world with skittles for the Lakers to get into the finals.
Don't think for a second that I'm delusional. This Lakaers team is not the Mavs of last year.

The biggest factor to me is the fact that Kobe's days of producing the way Dirk did last year are looooong gone...

Kobe also doesn't have the luxury of going through weak defenders at his position like Dirk does...

SUPREME1

Banned
Clovingsteam said:
On that note, we should start talking about awards. I'm gonna open voting in a week and I want nominations for categories. Last time we had

Best NBA .gif
Best photoshop/NBA image
Best photoshopper
Village idiot of the year-
Best meltdown-
Funniest poster-Clovingsteam
Best new NBA-age meme
ROTY
Most substantive poster-Clovingsteam
Best news breaker
Best troll
MVP- Clovingsteam

Which categories should go, and which should stay? What new categories should be added?

Also, who's a rookie and who is not? I need a list for people to choose from.

It's like you copied my ballot, Cap!

It's like you copied my ballot, Cap!

Seriously man. You and me are the true tag team duo twinners complimentarians of bestgaf. can't have one without the other. you know me like a fish knows the sea and i know you like a chef knows the kitchen. no matter where we go we'll always be joined at the pscyhe and the heart.

Did someone say BEST PHOTOSHOP/GIF OF THE YEAR?

bimgy.gif

Yo, what's this I hear about Iggy and stormclouds in Philly?

Iggy basically said Lou Williams would get destroyed by the chair Yi beasted on (it's true) and that he is tired of getting shit on for this team's problems and fuk yo city clown.

If Doug gets Guile'd this offseason and Turner is freed, Iggy is good as gone.

This is his McNabb moment.

Iggy basically said Lou Williams would get destroyed by the chair Yi beasted on (it's true) and that he is tired of getting shit on for this team's problems and fuk yo city clown.

If Doug gets Guile'd this offseason and Turner is freed, Iggy is good as gone.

This is his McNabb moment.

Iggy to LAC, plz.

Sharp
Knux-future
peterb0y
TheWayItWasMeantToBe
Black Mamba
SephCast
TheGreatMightyPoo
Mothman91
Omiee
Bread
Grimm Fandango
MidnightCowboy
nitric0
kevo_huevo
ReturnoftheRAT
FantasticMrFoxDie

^sophomore of the year candidates

so how does the gif thing work? do we just dumb a shit ton of gifs itt and quote them?

We pick a bunch of candidates from throughout the year and make them nominees. Voters then pick their favorites.

This post from last year has some that will be among these year's selections. We just have to scour this year's archive and find good gifs. I'd love help with that if anyone wants to volunteer :)

SUPREME1

Banned
Best troll: NK for threatening to launch a "satellite" into space

Village idiot of the year: NK for launching their rocket, but having it break up on launch

Yeah, NK went through with it... and failed again.

giri

Sharp
Knux-future
peterb0y
TheWayItWasMeantToBe
Black Mamba
SephCast
TheGreatMightyPoo
Mothman91
Omiee
Bread
Grimm Fandango
MidnightCowboy
nitric0
kevo_huevo
ReturnoftheRAT
FantasticMrFoxDie

^sophomore of the year candidates

Its Sharp. Hands Down. Sorry Yall. But he was a wizards fan. Publicy. Thats like being 2x the fan a normal person would be.

Top Bottom