• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Vahagn

Crimson. I already said LA's not a legit contender...you said SA is and that LA "doesn't have a chance to beat SA"

If SA doesn't get out of the second round...or the first for that matter or loses to LA...I expect a no-excuses, no-bullshit acceptance of your insane "you're a fool we're contenders" nonsense you've been spewing for years now.

At the very least, admit it for this year

SUPREME1

Banned
Sorry Adam, but Fish's flops weren't of the same caliber as what you got going on right now with the Clips.

He'd take a cheap charge here and there, but they were nowhere as shameless as the stuff Blake is pulling... nor were they as frequent.

Not to mention Blake Griffin is supposed to be a power forward.

thekad

Banned
Derek Fisher flopped on literally every play in the Finals.

re: depth, OKC has Harden, Collison, and usually Maynor coming off the bench. They win.

giri

Sorry Adam, but Fish's flops weren't of the same caliber as what you got going on right now with the Clips.

He'd take a cheap charge here and there, but they were nowhere as shameless as the stuff Blake is pulling... nor were they as frequent.

Not to mention Blake Griffin is supposed to be a power forward.

how odd, a laker fan mocking a soft power forward.

Kobe/Pau/Bynum don't flop. Nash is "soft" too, he largely avoids contact for obvious reasons...but he's not a flopper either. There's a difference
Nash breaks his nose for fun, he ain't soft.

He is a crap defender and uses his speed and change of direction to pick apart defenses. He isn't avoiding contact cause he's soft, he does it cause it would slow him from penetrating and forcing switches.

giri

Kobe/Pau/Bynum don't flop. Nash is "soft" too, he largely avoids contact for obvious reasons...but he's not a flopper either. There's a difference

He is a crap defender and uses his speed and change of direction to pick apart defenses. He isn't avoiding contact cause he's soft, he does it cause it would slow him from penetrating and forcing switches.

High 5 Morris!

Vahagn

All foreign white players are soft...don't ruin the stereotype with your reasoning..

Jeff-DSA

Let's be honest. The Clippers have two of the top 5 floppers in the NBA right now. I've got these five (no particular order):

- Blake Griftin'
- Chris Paul
- DeMarcus Cousins
- Luis Scola
- Anderson Varejao

I'd never think that I'd put Ginobili, Kevin Martin, or Fisher out of the top 5, but Flop City has taken them out of the running. DMC is particularly awful though. His whole defensive strategy revolves around taking charges.

Gasol is soft because, well, he is soft. Nothing to do with Euro or not. Gasol whose position demands that he takes it hard inside, that he defends well, that he can handle getting shoved, etc. IS SOFT. Nash is a PG. He isn't supposed to be a banger, he's suppose to use angles and holes to penetrate and dish. Gasol is just soft.

giri

Let's be honest. The Clippers have two of the top 5 floppers in the NBA right now. I've got these five (no particular order):

- Blake Griftin'
- Chris Paul
- DeMarcus Cousins
- Luis Scola
- Anderson Varejao

I'd never think that I'd put Ginobili, Kevin Martin, or Fisher out of the top 5, but Flop City has taken them out of the running. DMC is particularly awful though. His whole defensive strategy revolves around taking charges.

I think DMC is a stretch to put on the list.

other than that, no complaints.

Some of the past greats have slipped. AK47, Boozer, Ginobli.

diehard

Fleer
I think DMC is a stretch to put on the list.

other than that, no complaints.

Some of the past greats have slipped. AK47, Boozer, Ginobli.

Boozer? dude never cared about defense enough to flop.

DMC is at least a defensive flopper, at least when they call a charge i don't have to watch free throws.

rage1973

- Blake Griftin'
- Chris Paul
- DeMarcus Cousins
- Luis Scola
- Anderson Varejao

Wade should be in there for Cousins in that list.

exarkun

I can't wait for the Jazz to re-up on their cyclical dose of floppers so jeff can watch the kind of play he truly seems to enjoy.

Though to be fair, the Argentinian contingency (manu, scola) puts many floppers to shame. They both get outflopped by their counterparts on the Clippers though.

giri

Boozer? dude never cared about defense enough to flop.

DMC is at least a defensive flopper, at least when they call a charge i don't have to watch free throws.

He wasn't overly dramatic like some of the others, but he'd take a tumble if a stiff breeze came his way on offense.

SamuraiX-

Jeff is right though.

DMC's flopping this season is reaching BitchGriff levels. I can attest to that. I fear for the NBA when all the future star bigs are gonna be bitchmade floppers.

Pkaz01

Gasol is soft because, well, he is soft. Nothing to do with Euro or not. Gasol whose position demands that he takes it hard inside, that he defends well, that he can handle getting shoved, etc. IS SOFT. Nash is a PG. He isn't supposed to be a banger, he's suppose to use angles and holes to penetrate and dish. Gasol is just soft.

Exactly, if it was a euro thing why is it that no one considers Marc soft? I always think of that when people try to defend Pau's softness by using the euro=soft bullshit.

jjasper

Ginobili is easily a top 5 flopper. He just mostly flops on offense.

Harden is similar, too.

Harden isn't nearly as best as Westbrook though. Harden will at least try to make a play. Westbrook runs into the lane half the time the sole intent of flopping not even trying to do anything.

giri

His flops are less unbearable this year and he's generally very fun to watch now, but Harden is the top flopper in the NBA.

If you wanted to do a top 10 list, you would include hard, and YNB. But top 5?

Those guys again usually only flop on offense.

The top5 guys do it on both ends, a lot.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
LMAO@ the people on the other page acting like they knew the Mavs had a good chance to win it all last year. Get. The. Fuck. Out.

Almost no one took that team seriously as contenders going into the playoffs. Period. I don't have enough hair follicles on my head to count how many times people claimed Rick Carlisle was one the worst coaches of all time and how they couldn't win shit because of his idiocy. And it wasn't just Brandy either, so don't even try that fucking bullshit...

Now all of a sudden people wanna act like they knew they had a good chance all along?? Ahaahahahah

LMAO@ the people on the other page acting like they knew the Mavs had a good chance to win it all last year. Get. The. Fuck. Out.

Almost no one took that team seriously as contenders going into the playoffs. Period. I don't have enough hair follicles on my head to count how many times people claimed Rick Carlisle was one the worst coaches of all time and how they couldn't win shit because of his idiocy. And it wasn't just Brandy either, so don't even try that fucking bullshit...

Now all of a sudden people wanna act like they knew they had a good chance all along?? Ahaahahahah

Sure but that Mavericks team was different than this Lakers team. Lakers will be lucky to get into the second round and will need a miracle to get into the the conference finals. It would take baby Jesus high fiving baby Muhammad giving birth to baby Joseph Smith and all three forming a tripod with rainbows shooting out of their hands blanketing the world with skittles for the Lakers to get into the finals.

Sure but that Mavericks team was different than this Lakers team. Lakers will be lucky to get into the second round and will need a miracle to get into the the conference finals. It would take baby Jesus high fiving baby Muhammad giving birth to baby Joseph Smith and all three forming a tripod with rainbows shooting out of their hands blanketing the world with skittles for the Lakers to get into the finals.

Curious, do you think Lakers can beat the Spurs in a series?

What? I mean, I'm not saying Lakers are going to win it all, but wasn't it pretty much the same for Mavs? Almost no one thought Dirk would be shooting the lights out throughout that run and win the championship.

Nope. I will take the Spurs depth over the Lakers trio and that assumes that Gasol will actually show up this time.

Did you think the 2010 Celtics would make the finals?

Also, depth doesn't mean much in the playoffs. In fact, deep teams almost always fizzle out since top 6 is all that really matters.

Heat guard Dwyane Wade says money is not his motivation for the London Games this summer.

In a statement Thursday, Wade said, "I do not want to be paid to go to the Olympics."

Wade was quoted Wednesday saying he thinks "guys should be compensated" for playing over the summer and noted the schedule demands of being an Olympian.

Oh really.

What? I mean, I'm not saying Lakers are going to win it all, but wasn't it pretty much the same for Mavs? Almost no one thought Dirk would be shooting the lights out throughout that run and win the championship.

The Mavericks had shooters which the Lakers don't have. That goes a long way. Yes, they got hot at the right time but I don't see this Lakers squad being as thin as it is being able to do shit in the playoffs.

Oh really.

achilles-tendon-rupture-diagram.jpg

Won't be sad.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That team was a surprise in that they beat Miami.

LA making it to the WCF would be a shock

Emwitus

Even in all his "Softness", he has taken us to the promised land twice. He's game is more celebral and skillful than aggressive. More so like nash.

Dallas was the underdog for three of their four series. I was more supportive of their players than most and still had them losing in the first-round which is pretty embarrassing in retrospect...

Even in all his "Softness", he has taken us to the promised land twice. He's game is more celebral and skillful than aggressive. More so like nash.

Nash is a tough son of a bitch. Gasol is just, well, you get it. I appreciate what he has done for us but just calling it like I see it.

Top Bottom