• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Wow, Bynum missed a gimme. And then pau doesn't block Manu at the rim.

And there goes their chances. How did Bynum even miss that?

lol @ Pau on D.

The best part of your trolling is the fact that you know that Grizzlies team would have swept the Lakers in the playoffs last year.

In theory, maybe.

In reality, Lakers fans weren't posting DAT posts after even win, only to get smashed in the first round.

5pur5 fans were hella rowdy last year...and then the playoffs started and they got hella quiet.

You're lucky Gary Neal extended the series for you otherwise you would have been lazy swept.

tim duncan just took a huge dump on our defense.
8208_4bfe.gif

Lakers fans weren't posting DAT posts after even win, only to get smashed in the first round.

5pur5 fans were hella rowdy last year...and then the playoffs started and they got hella quiet.

You're lucky Gary Neal extended the series for you otherwise you would have been lazy swept.

All but one of those games were super close and it's not like Laker fans were humble last year...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Wut wut? If you don't give the Spurs transition opportunities, they're an easily beatable team in the playoffs.

Do people not believe this? Might as well just give them the title. Unless y'all think their transition game isn't good right now...
The transition game is hardly what makes them good though.

Hell, I'd be as simple and blunt to say that I, and most others, would trust their depth and cohesion over the Laker size and ...stuff.

Again, it seems silly to be able to look at a team and note how they regressed but at the same time label them as contenders. At least the Spurs had the excuse of injuries in last year's playoffs.
I'm embarrassed just by reading what you guys write, both Lakers and Spurs fans. Bunch of nonsense. You don't even try anymore. :p
That's why I'm a Bobcats fan. Considerably less stress.

And cheaper tickets.

All but one of those games were super close and it's not like Laker fans were humble last year...

Most of us saw the Lakers were too tired to pull it off last year and said as much.

Spurs fans don't see the writing on the wall, though.

Lakers not even trying on PnR defense tonight. They're playing it completely different than they did last time versus the Spurs 2nd quarter on.

Stupid OKC losing to Clips. Now Lakers gonna have to win in Sacramento. :(

Dude, this game was over in the 2nd quarter lol

Would have been a 14 point game and momentum. Still in play. But that sequence ended any chances.

Close is still an L.

I certainly thought the Lakers looked shaky, especially when they let the Hornets take them to 6. I didn't see them getting swept by the Mavs (second round) but I certainly had concerns about them 3 Peating.

Most of us saw the Lakers were too tired to pull it off last year and said as much.

Spurs fans don't see the writing on the wall, though.

Lakers not even trying on PnR defense tonight. They're playing it completely different than they did last time versus the Spurs 2nd quarter on.

Stupid OKC losing to Clips. Now Lakers gonna have to win in Sacramento. :(

Parker is hitting mid range jumpers this game. He didn't last time around. Since the Lakers basically can't stop him regardless of what they do, I imagine they are kinda giving up on defense in general.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Only TCB could talk shit about a team that just recently blew his team out whilst missing their best player that has made a career of carving the Spurs up.

Only TCB.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Lakers were kinda back to back champs
You know I'd love to go off on another rant about how that team was arguably the weakest championship club of the past 20 years...

but I'd much rather make it known that Klay is one of the ugliest people I've ever had the misfortune of laying eyes on.

Vahagn

This game is indicative of why I've been saying all along I'm frightened to death of the Spurs.

Pop's ability to adjust in between games, and in the middle of a game...will keep throwing us off.

Any half intelligent coach will front our bigs in the postseason and force our perimeter players to beat them or adjust in a way that gets our bigs good looks.

Brown hasn't shown that he can adjust to:

1) Kobe being doubled on the perimeter

And

2) Our bigs being fronted

giri

Wut wut? If you don't give the Spurs transition opportunities, they're an easily beatable team in the playoffs.

Do people not believe this? Might as well just give them the title. Unless y'all think their transition game isn't good right now...

It's a bad statement because there's much more to that team than just one aspect of the game.

Thats what you're getting called out for.

It's a totally inane statement.

You know I'd love to go off on another rant about how that team was arguably the weakest championship club of the past 20 years...

but I'd much rather make it known that Klay is one of the ugliest people I've ever had the misfortune of laying eyes on.

Can't pick who you play.

lakers suck dick

why yall deflecting onto tcb

eat your crow like men, cmon now

Lakers are getting dicked up and I don't think Kobe solves a lot of the problems that SAS are taking advantage of.

I'd love to see them meet up in the playoffs. Lakers aren't chip material but I'd love for them to take Dallas or SAS out before going fishing.

Parker is hitting mid range jumpers this game. He didn't last time around. Since the Lakers basically can't stop him regardless of what they do, I imagine they are kinda giving up on defense in general.

9 games 15 days with no rest and most with no Kobe. Also didn't play any tanking teams like Golden State...

They're tired and seem to be packing it in with a game tomorrow. Thankfully, the final week is in their favor. And if Clips can fuck up this week, they can get a full week of rest.

Won't happen though. They gonna troll us.

Lakers PnR D will be much better when it matters. They're not running the PnR D they are supposed to run, anyway.

The best part of your trolling is the fact that you know that Grizzlies team would have swept the Lakers in the playoffs last year.

Its just the salty ramblings of a man on a sinking ship.

I'm proud of our season last year. We had the best record in the West, played excellent ball all year, and got unlucky with an injury at the worst possible time to our most important player. Its sad, but thats the NBA. Injuries can fuck you.

If Rose doesn't come back (and I hope he does), I'm not going to start roasting Bulls fans if they lose in the 1st or 2nd round. I'd pity them, because I'd understand their pain. Losing without Rose wouldn't be an accurate representation of their skill, and I wouldn't judge them by that. All they could do is hope they come back next year with similar dominance and hope they're a little more lucky.

Darkman M

How can back 2 back champs be the weakest in 20 years? That's not an easy thing to do.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I also very vividly remember TCB pulling this type of shit when the Spurs were rolling last year. And the year before that as a matter of fact...

We've all seen this movie before. I ain't even mad.

It's a bad statement because there's much more to that team than just one aspect of the game.

Thats what you're getting called out for.

It's a totally inane statement.

It's a huge component of their game. Just like saying if you can stop Orlando from getting open 3s, they are easily beatable.

People say it about Miami here all the time. keep Lebron/Wade out of the paint and they are easily beatable. Ever call that statement out? I'm guessing not.

Dy never saw 2006 Miami. Or last year's Mavs.

Top Bottom