• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

THIS is the effort I expected in the first game. (except for that last lay up, but that was a fluke)

This is also why I think we'd win a playoff series against the Lakers. Pop>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Brown

Limitations of Bynum/Pau offense. You cannot come back from huge deficits feeding bigs

uhhh...what? The Lakers scored fine when they weren't throwing it straight to the Spurs.

The problem is completely stupid turnovers and transition defense.

I'll say it again, game turned on Metta's 3rd foul.

THIS is the effort I expected in the first game. (except for that last lay up, but that was a fluke)

This is also why I think we'd win a playoff series against the Lakers. Pop>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Brown

You're not playing the Lakers in the first round.

Worry about getting out the first round.

pilonv1

OFFICIALLY

2011_GovConf_No3_logo.gif

8TH WORST RECORD

Thanks Pistons!

Amazing basketball from the Spurs. Duncan is playing some pretty great defense.

You're not playing the Lakers in the first round.

Worry about getting out the first round.

I don't think the Spurs need to have any fear of the Suns, Rockets, or Jazz...

I told you Spurs would give it to us tonight. No way they let a Kobe-less squade punk them twice

Well yeah, if they were going to play they were going to play hard.

Pop admitted that if last night's game wasn't such a blowout and Duncan/Parker/Manu played so little, he was going to sit them tonight. You can thank for W's tank for this.

Lakers played really dumb and lazy the final 6 min of the half. Those passed were so fucking stupid. Just throw it to the Spurs for fun.

Amazing basketball from the Spurs. Duncan is playing some pretty great defense.

I don't see it. Bynum got an easy shot the other play and it just rimmed out. Lakers offense is just being dumb with their passing. unforced errors.

Cloudy

Banned
uhhh...what? The Lakers scored fine when they weren't throwing it straight to the Spurs.

The problem is completely stupid turnovers and transition defense.

I'll say it again, game turned on Metta's 3rd foul.

It's easy to have the patience to feed the post when you're up big and everyone's hitting shots. Spurs are actually pressuring the ball tonight and making their 3s. You can't beat this forcing the ball inside and being predictable

63 pts at half Lakers-age

In your barn.

Still want this matchup?

Maybe with Kobe right? Maybe with Kobe.

Dude, you literally got destroyed for the entire game in Sam Amtonio. The whole fucking game.

Even if you win tonight, what does it mean?

You're 1-1 against a non contender.

But you know all about rooting for paper contenders.

Lakers have never been swept by Goran Dragic in the playoffs.

scoot3r

Once Bynum went to the bench lakers tanked hard. Clean up the offensive and start going inside again, take care of the ball and the lakers can get back in.

It's easy to have the patience to feed the post when you're up big and everyone's hitting shots. Spurs are actually pressuring the ball tonight and making their 3s. You can't beat this forcing the ball inside and being predictable

I agree, their entry post passing has been stupid. It's not a fault of trying to post up Bynum/Pau, it's the fault of making a stupid pass. You run some counters or fake the pass first...

Lakers shot 55% in the 1st and 50% in the 2nd. They're getting good shots when they're not passing it to the wrong team.

63 pts at half Lakers-age

In your barn.

Still want this matchup?

Maybe with Kobe right? Maybe with Kobe.

lol. Remember when you melted down last year...oh wait, you preemptively got yourself banned.

Well yeah, if they were going to play they were going to play hard.

Pop admitted that if last night's game wasn't such a blowout and Duncan/Parker/Manu played so little, he was going to sit them tonight. You can thank for W's tank for this.

Lakers played really dumb and lazy the final 6 min of the half. Those passed were so fucking stupid. Just throw it to the Spurs for fun.

I don't see it. Bynum got an easy shot the other play and it just rimmed out. Lakers offense is just being dumb with their passing. unforced errors.

Duncan is denying the post really well I think though the Lakers were super risky with their passes which made deflections easier.

Cloudy

Banned
Dude, you literally got destroyed for the entire game in Sam Amtonio. The whole fucking game.

That game was a huge fluke IMO. Besides Bynum and Pau, all the other guys were making shots they can't hit consistently. Also, we cannot play fast with this team or we'll get embarrassed

Duncan is denying the post really well I think though the Lakers were super risky with their passes which made deflections easier.

They're also doubling before the pass comes. Duncan isn't doing anything 1 on 1. Spurs transition game is amazing, though. But if you just don't give them the transition, they are easily beatable.

That game was a huge fluke IMO. Besides Bynum and Pau, all the other guys were making shots they can't hit consistently. Also, we cannot play fast with this team or we'll get embarrassed

Fluke or not, TCB tried downplaying it like the 5pur5 meant to lose the game.

Like they meant to go on early fishing trips the last two years.

Pop was tanking the playoffs!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
tbh, i've never feared OKC this year. not once.
they seem like a good regular season team.
like the sonics of old.

I don't even understand what this means... The Sonics of old were feared throughout the league. They didn't go to the finals every season but they were almost always in the WCF or real close..

The Thunder in a 7 game series shouldn't be a matchup you want.. unless you are stupid...

Jeff-DSA

Announcement!

Future NBA or NFL or possibly MLS (never NHL) star #2 is on its way to this world. Coming in October, my wife and I will be having another baby boy. Our first, Tyson, is already a beast on the court and he's yet to hit his 3rd birthday.

Ok, continue arguing about Kobe or something.

They're also doubling before the pass comes. Duncan isn't doing anything 1 on 1. Spurs transition game is amazing, though. But if you just don't give them the transition, they are easily beatable.

Easily beatable? We're pretty awesome in transition, but we have have great set plays and when Tony is hitting that mid range jumper (which he wasn't in the first game) we can score in the halfcourt

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
This game is over. I could see a come back against a bad team, but the Spurs aren't a bad team. And the B2B fatigue situation means shit because the core almost didn't even play yesterday...

Metta foul trouble, bad defensive execution, and us playing at the Spurs tempo is what did us in in my opinion. Oh well.

If the Spurs have any decency in their hearts they will keep piling on and MB will have to sit our starters. We also get to see Goudelock again. Hurray!

Announcement!

Future NBA or NFL or possibly MLS (never NHL) star #2 is on its way to this world. Coming in October, my wife and I will be having another baby boy. Our first, Tyson, is already a beast on the court and he's yet to hit his 3rd birthday.

Congrats. Teach him to be an NFL kicker from birth. Guaranteed money.

Easily beatable? We're pretty awesome in transition, but we have have great set plays and when Tony is hitting that mid range jumper (which he wasn't in the first game) we can score in the halfcourt

Yes, easily beatable. Spurs can't win a half court game against half court teams.

diehard

Fleer
Announcement!

very nice

pray for the skill of G-TIME

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Didnt just about every Laker fan say something similar about Dallas last year?

Laker fans weren't saying that when Seattle was shitting on them back then.. Beating one of those teams and not using their AK was the makings of a good day.

Top Bottom