• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
This is the weirdest Draft i've seen in years in terms of Marketability. The dudes in the 2012 Draft who can ball, you would not want to be the face of your franchise.

You're not gonna see Unibrow in a Sprite commercial. MKG's been in speech therapy for years. Lamb looks like a Pez Dispencer.

And what about the dudes who look like they belong on SI? Harrison "Brand Before Basketball" Barnes? Austin "Is there a position smaller than PG I can defend" Rivers? They ain't gonna amount to shit.

Just a weird ass year in general.

Honestly I'd be stunned if the team that drafts Davis lets him keep the unibrow. That thing will have to go on the first day.

This is the weirdest Draft i've seen in years in terms of Marketability. The dudes in the 2012 Draft who can ball, you would not want to be the face of your franchise.

You're not gonna see Unibrow in a Sprite commercial. MKG's been in speech therapy for years. Lamb looks like a Pez Dispencer.

And what about the dudes who look like they belong on SI? Harrison "Brand Before Basketball" Barnes? Austin "Is there a position smaller than PG I can defend" Rivers? They ain't gonna amount to shit.

Just a weird ass year in general.
Griffin is extremely marketable though and is practically the face of Kia.

Fields and Baron Davis have missed the Knicks last 5 shots combined. ugh.

also hello Iman Shumpert, let me introduce myself. I'm Roy Hibbert's elbow.

Barrage

Griffin is extremely marketable though and is practically the face of Kia.

I'm not basing it on strictly looks, but also star presence (which is why I included MKG's speech therapy history).

Griffin is extremely charismatic, the dude interned for Funny Or Die. His image, on a strictly reactionary level, is going to go farther than Davis'. When I look at Anthony Davis, I think of puberty.

Maybe it's a good thing, though. Maybe these will be the first star players-since Durant-to not be tempted to leave asap to try and become stars in the bigger markets.

I'm not basing it on strictly looks, but also star presence (which is why I included MKG's speech therapy history).

Griffin is extremely charismatic, the dude interned for Funny Or Die. His image, on a strictly reactionary level, is going to go farther than Davis'. When I look at Anthony Davis, I think of puberty.

Maybe it's a good thing, though. Maybe these will be the first star players-since Durant-to not be tempted to leave asap to try and become stars in the bigger markets.

Rose has the charisma of a brick. and he got paid big time.

Must be a Chicago thing..

That's a good point. I think Griffin was pretty lucky to land in LA and be in the situation that he is in currently. If the Bucks or Kittens had drafted him, I'm sure he wouldn't have had as much marketing success.

Not much less though, given his personality and charisma.

I don't understand why teams don't Carmelo Anthony hard ON THE TOUCH. make Landry Fields, Iman Shumpert, or Baron Davis beat you with jumpers. None of them have shown great consistency with the J yet...

ummmm I'll just leave this here...

553055266.jpg

Barrage

Rose has the charisma of a brick. and he got paid big time.

Must be a Chicago thing..

Your market definently plays a part. But Rose looks like a star. I'm saying this year's class are ungainly,lanky, Freaks And Geeksish motherfuckers. They get chips, it won't matter.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It takes an admirable amount of tank to lose to a Magic team without Dwight + Ryno + Jameer. I am impressed by the Pistons tanking ability thus far in this game.
The pistons have responded well after being severely out tanked by the cats

Emwitus

What the heck!! Flagrant foul dudes.

EDIT: I like the way the knicks are playing now.....say what you want about jeremy lin but he got me to watch knicks ball. Never happened. Anyway, they could play spoiler in the playoffs and i like that.

Top Bottom