• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Ron deserves 10 games+ but Bowen is a piece of shit.

One of the biggest pieces of shit to play the game in the last ten years.

Taints the entire spurs organization.

Can't think of a shittier person in professional sports than Bruce Bowen if you are talking on court only.

Not even fucking close. The shit he pulled would get him decked in a god damn pickup game with kids let alone adults. He's lucky he came in the league when nba cracked down on shit because if he came a decade earlier dude would have gotten his ass beat/been too scared to pull the nonsense and not have had enough talent to be a real player.

Spurs fans should root for the Jazz tonight.

There is literally no worse matchup for the Jazz, every single of of their weaknesses are the Spurs strong points.

Honestly dude, I don't really care either way.

I like Jazz and Suns-age a lot, so its not like I'll relish in defeating either team. I think the risk of injury vs the Jazz is greater, so thats something, but who knows.

I just want a fast, painless series so we can be rested for the Grizz. I hope I'm right in the assumption that either team will give us that, but so much has gone right the last few weeks that I'm superstitious...kinda feels like we're due for some bad luck :/

Remember all those games he won for the 5pur5 in 2010 vs. the Suns in the playoffs?

Neither do I.

Well then you ought to start watching then, because hes gonna give the Magic a spank job in a few days.

THE MVP EFFECT may not be enough to carry the ragtag Pacers past the best frontline in basketball (tm) but I'm sure he'll give those dastardly Knickerbockers a scare too. Not even SHUMPSDAGOD can stop him.

T Dollarz

Well then you ought to start watching then, because hes gonna give the Magic a spank job in a few days.

THE MVP EFFECT may not be enough to carry the ragtag Pacers past the best frontline in basketball (tm) but I'm sure he'll give those dastardly Knickerbockers a scare too. Not even SHUMPSDAGOD can stop him.

So you're assuming the Knicks will beat the Bulls/Heat then?

Triple U

Banned
lol heat gonna sit their 3 big dogs out tonight. this is gonna be the shittiest TNT broadcast ever

I don't even see why the NBA would schedule a relatively marquee matchup like this so late in the season. Although I do want to hear them discuss the artest thing.

I don't even see why the NBA would schedule a relatively marquee matchup like this so late in the season. Although I do want to hear them discuss the artest thing.

I'm interested to hear what they all have to say except for Shaq who will probably spew out some bullshit

Has Nets-GAF seen this yet?

hellobrooklynsplash_large.jpg

And this:

ArQsO0rCMAEeu3Z.jpg_large.jpg

linsivvi

Fisher is doing the right thing. The executive committee who voted no confidence on him are a bunch of tools including Chris Heliflopter 3.

Basketball hall-of-famer Bob Cousy, one of the founders of the players association in 1954, said Fisher might have trouble gaining support from his peers.

“I doubt whether they’re seriously interested in the whole thing unless it affects them directly,” the 83-year-old said in a telephone interview. “At that age, all these man-children are busy doing their own thing.”

Bob Cousy speaks the truth, though I think Fisher has enough friends in the league to gain some support.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I love Rudy, and he is right, but Biyombo was going to rip his limbs off.

And that kind of attitude is what makes me love him and Henderson

But he's been dealing with a sore ankle as of late which has caused him to miss 13 games. And with the Celtics only having two regular season games left, Allen's availability for the postseason is starting to come into doubt.

So what's the deal with this ankle? Via CSNNE.com, Allen says it's not just sore -- he has bone spurs.
“The other day when it swelled,” Allen said, “they say they could be the size of a grain of sand but they're not supposed to be in there so as they swell, they move around and as the swelling goes down, they rest.”

OK, so what are bone spurs? They're small, pointed growths of bone that happen when there's a lot of wear and tear put on something. So basically, a 16-year NBA career.

Allen has already been ruled out for the Celtics Tuesday and is questionable for their regular season finale Thursday. The feeling is that he'll be able to return for Game 1 of their first round series, but if he's still battling soreness, Doc Rivers and the training staff may choose to hold him out until he's fully healthy.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/e...urs-in-ankle-playoff-availability-in-question

Ray not gonna be the same the rest of this year, IMO.

Hes so effin good.

Makes you wonder how many other players are simply mishandled by their organizations...or maybe the Spurs just make players look good?

I dunno, but its mystifying. Guys come into the Spurs and display entirely different skillsets than before..

Like Richard Jefferson?

Fisher is doing the right thing. The executive committee who voted no confidence on him are a bunch of tools including Chris Heliflopter 3

Power struggle. It's gonna get ugly.

Vire

I still want the Heat to win tonight even though the first seed is pretty much locked up in the East.

HCA against the Thunder is just too valuable...

Gabyskra

Banned
5 hours and 30 minutes until the game? fuck, that's a long time.

I need entertainment. Someone get Rudy Gay to talk more about the Charlotte Lolcats.

Like Richard Jefferson?

We got Jefferson for the expiring contracts of Bruce Bowen, Fab Oberto, and Kurt Thomas. We've now flipped that into Stephen Jackson, a player we've been wanting for damn near a decade.

Looking back, it was a great trade. Sure, Jefferson was unsalvagable shit, but it was like weight training. Now that he's gone, we've gone super saiyan on this league, and can't be stopped...

In the 23 games since the trade, we've gone 20-3 (including a tank game) w/a pt differential of +12.7. In the last 8, we're +20.8. And thats with a b2b2b and a 4 games in 5 nights in there.

DY_nasty

5 hours and 30 minutes until the game? fuck, that's a long time.

I need entertainment. Someone get Rudy Gay to talk more about the Charlotte Lolcats.
Most of the team is pussy, especially Taint Walker, but Henderson and Biyombo will fuck a man up in front of his family.

Gabyskra

Banned
Most of the team is pussy, especially Taint Walker, but Henderson and Biyombo will fuck a man up in front of his family.

If you tripled your win total, you'd be fourteenth in the East. I don't think Biyombo has even the right to open his mouth, much less take a swing at someone.

DY_nasty

If you tripled your win total, you'd be fourteenth in the East. I don't think Biyombo has even the right to open his mouth, much less take a swing at someone.
So he should lay down, tuck his penis like Kemba, and just accept it while Lester Hudson styles on him?

And that whole altercation occurred after Speights shoulder checked Mullens. If Rudy hadn't tried to jump in after being shut down through 3 quarters by a guy without a name on his jersey then he wouldn't have had his manhood checked.

DY_nasty

Just Augustin, Biyombo, and Henderson. Kemba might be kicking around if his 4th year gets picked up.
Mullens will be around just because people see blocked shots and think good defense. Derrick Brown has an outside shot too. No other team would have kept his scrub ass for as long, but he's taken some good steps this year.

I eagerly await DJ getting some real props once he takes his talents to Utah.

DY_nasty

anthony davis is going to look good in a hornets jersey
If LA traded for DJ instead of Sessions, they'd be favorites to chip.

If NY traded for DJ, Pringles would still have a job and they'd see the 2nd round this year.

Instead we'll all have to prepare our bodies for a possible contending team in Utah. Divine Karma.

We got Jefferson for the expiring contracts of Bruce Bowen, Fab Oberto, and Kurt Thomas. We've now flipped that into Stephen Jackson, a player we've been wanting for damn near a decade.

Looking back, it was a great trade. Sure, Jefferson was unsalvagable shit, but it was like weight training. Now that he's gone, we've gone super saiyan on this league, and can't be stopped...

In the 23 games since the trade, we've gone 20-3 (including a tank game) w/a pt differential of +12.7. In the last 8, we're +20.8. And thats with a b2b2b and a 4 games in 5 nights in there.

Please. He played like shit there, which was my point.

And the super saiyan comparison actually works, Level 3 is your regular season, and then you can't get it up for the playoffs.

If LA traded for DJ instead of Sessions, they'd be favorites to chip.

Hyperbole aside, I like DJ, and we asked. If no Sessions, we'd probably have him:

Woj's Twitter said:
The Lakers had been discussing a possible D.J Augustine trade with Charlotte before cutting the deal for Sessions, league sources tell Y!

underkanter

Neo Member
underkanter reporting in for jazz-age

game is so huge i decided to actually post for once

Random thoughts
-I think howard and bell, while unpopular, could potentially be huge for this game defensively. I'm hoping all that time off will let Bell be the defensive menace around the perimeter he used to be (in short spurts) while The Favors gets some rest
-In order for the suns to win, 1) their bigs will have to have great games or 2) they can nail 3's throughout the game. Orlando tried to live by the 3 and it ended up killing them.
-I'm expecting zone defense throughout the whole game (Gentry >> SVG), hopefully G-time and Harris are feeling good because one of those players will have to have a huge night for a jazz win.

Gonna be a great game regardless of who wins, hopefully the officiating is comparable to the Orlando game (which was almost perfect). It'd be a real shame if officials have anything to do with the outcome of this game.

Top Bottom