• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

linsivvi

Hearsay?

It played out live for months on every avenue of media.

At the beginning of the summer we were looking at either losing the season or the players taking a deal 10x worse than the one they have right now. To say they were being incompetent is to say this is an easy ass job and they screwed it up.

That is not to say they are immune from criticism, but I don't see any party in this lockout free of blame. The owners were fighting among each other, so are the players with influence from their agents. Cuban even paid the Colbert Superpac for an attack ad. Everybody is leaking "information" to media, with their spin on it. The whole thing was a total mess and those two were caught right in the middle.

You choose to believe one side of it, fine. I don't.

Only Duhon can save us.

Now you're the one talking out of your ass.

Wow.

Its like you just didn't pay attention to the WWE bullshit that went down during "negotiations" over those months.

Hunter and Fisher were both getting asked to step down before the final deal (where they got owned) passed and it became apparent that many players didn't even know what the fuck they were voting on.

There were ramblings about their conflict during the lockout. Given all the info that we know now, Hunter should at least be looked at, because there's some shady shit going on.

At the beginning of the summer we were looking at either losing the season of the players taking a deal 10x worse than the one they have right now. To say they were being incompetent is saying this is an easy ass job and they screwed it up.

That is not to say they are immune from criticism, but I don't see any party in this lockout free of blame. The owners were fighting among each other, so are the players with influence from their agents. Cuban even paid the Colbert Superpac for an attack ad. Everybody is leaking "information" to media, with their spin on it. The whole thing was a total mess and those two were caught right in the middle.

You choose to believe one side of it, fine. I don't.

For the lockout, they both failed to get a fair deal for the players because Billionaires > Millionaires, and because they have no idea how to play the PR game. The players got bent over and didn't know why.
WWE analogy - Prime Rock vs. Brooklyn Brawler.

If you don't understand why/how that happened, then you weren't paying attention. Go read shit from last year, it's clear.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Not if Jeffrey keeps drafting the Kembas of the world while burying DJ.
Burying DJ with what? DJ is gone. What sense does it make to sign DJ for 21/3 when the team will be tanking for the next 2 years anyway?

The team doesn't even need the #1 pick. They just need to stop landing mid-lotto picks. I mean YNenduplikeToronto?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If you don't understand why/how that happened, then you weren't paying attention. Go read shit from last year, it's clear.

What's clear from every stage in that mess last year was that there was zero cohesion in union. Communication, decision making, organization - all of it completely lacking.

Hunter and Fisher both had no idea what to do.

triple post omg lol

KNICKS TIME

BTW, if you haven't yet, I highly suggest you buy the Skullgirls soundtrack.

If you loved the SOTN soundtrack, you owe it to yourself.

That is all.

What's clear from every stage in that mess last year was that there was zero cohesion in union. Communication, decision making, organization - all of it completely lacking.

Hunter and Fisher both had no idea what to do.

triple post omg lol

I was agreeing with you.

If you loved the SOTN soundtrack, you owe it to yourself.

That is all.

This is a strong recommendation. SOTN soundtrack is god-tier.

linsivvi

For the lockout, they both failed to get a fair deal for the players because Billionaires > Millionaires, and because they have no idea how to play the PR game. The players got bent over and didn't know why.
WWE analogy - Prime Rock vs. Brooklyn Brawler.

Huh? I've been saying Billionaires > Millionaires for over a year. A little PR is not going to do them any good. The whole thing was a lost cause to start with. What we have right now is like the Magic winning a game in their first round series: a moral victory to save some face.

I don't see what those two can ever do to change that. They can't do Jedi mind tricks and I disagree that decertification is the way to go.

It is convenient to blame them though. At least with Hunter he's being paid big bucks to take the fall.

Top Bottom