• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

linsivvi

Hah. I wouldn't be so sure. This is Derek Fisher we are talking about.

Burying Hunter is only phase 1 of his master plan. First the NBA, then the world.

Justin, at some point you need to separate basketball from life. Fisher flopping and daggering the Spurs on the basketball court is one thing. Working hard as the NBPA leader and exposing corruption is an entirely different matter.

It would make you a much better person if you could separate the two, Justin.

You are literally comparing Dirk to the guy he just torched less than a year ago, and saying Dirk is worse because 41 wins is so much better than 36 that it deserves 3 more all-NBA selections.

This is literally your argument

smh

I am not arguing based on wins....

I am arguing on the fact that Dirk was terrible for a month and he's been worse, overall.

You cannot look at last year for any of this season's awards. WTF is wrong with you.

Emwitus

You are literally comparing Dirk to the guy he just torched less than a year ago, and saying Dirk is worse because 41 wins is so much better than 36 that it deserves 3 more all-NBA selections.

This is literally your argument

smh

Are you seriously considering that as a reason dirk should be considered for an award this season? Really? Might as well give derrick rose mvp again.

I am not arguing based on wins....

I don't know how to tell you this but a team with 3 top 15 players would be better than the Lakers are now.

You cannot look at last year for any of this season's awards. WTF is wrong with you.

Sure you can.

You don't leave the Finals MVP out of the all-NBA teams unless he has literally missed the entire season due to hangover.

...the funny thing about this conversation tho is that Dirk has been damn good and none of what you are saying makes any god damn sense.

Canuck76

Banned
So.

Forget Pau Gasol cause you are obviously a homer.

You are going to put Kevin Garnett and Tyson Chandler on all-NBA teams but leave out the man who just won Finals MVP.

And you justify this, how?

I never said Pau over Kevin Love...what are you reading?

Kevin Love is 1st team without a doubt. I don't care if you have to call Durant a guard to do it.

Nah bro all of Lakers-age thinking Pau is third team

I don't know how to tell you this but a team with 3 top 15 players would be better than the Lakers are now.

It is when you play Fisher and Ron for 50 games and have them shoot under 35% during that time frame.

Lakers have had the most minutes of bad production of any playoff team.

edit: and top 15 is an unfair claim since it's not the top 15 players, it's 2 guards, 2 Fs, 1 C per team.

Sure you can.

You don't leave the Finals MVP out of the all-NBA teams unless he has literally missed the entire season due to hangover.

...the funny thing about this conversation tho is that Dirk has been damn good and none of what you are saying makes any god damn sense.

No, you cannot use last year for anything. How is this an argument? You're supposed to ignore everything from the past. It's an award based on this season and this season alone.

And Dirk hasn't been "damn good" this season. Worst shooting season since his rookie year. Worst rebounding since his 2nd season. Etc.

He's still very good and has been much better of late, but he has not had a good season by his standards and it's been worse than Pau's, overall.

So, based on what I'm hearing, Lakers-age wants 2 all-NBA 1st and 1 all-NBA 3rd. Fun exercise, lets take 2 other all-NBA first possibilities, and 1 all-NBA 3rd guy and ask how many wins they'd accumulate:

Chris Paul, Kevin Durant, Dirk Nowitzki
Lebron James, Dwight Howard, Tony Parker
Chris Paul, Lebron James, Kevin Garnett
Dwyane Wade, Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan
Kevin Love, Chris Paul, Dirk Nowitzki

Hrrrm. I wonder if those teams would win more than 41 games.

Hrrrmmmmmm.

Doomsayer

I can't for the Spurs to get bounced so JT can go the fuck away.

Bynum is a 2nd teamer, Dwight is first.

Pau is MAYBE a 3rd teamer.

Oldbe is a 1st teamer because the SG position is pretty much just Wade and he.

KG, Pau, Dirk, and LMA are all candidates for the 3rd team.

So, based on what I'm hearing, Lakers-age wants 2 all-NBA 1st and 1 all-NBA 3rd. Fun exercise, lets take 2 other all-NBA first possibilities, and 1 all-NBA 3rd guy and ask how many wins they'd accumulate:

Hrrrmmmmmm.

1 first team, 1 second team.

Pau > Dirk this year but still not 3rd team so it's a moot discussion to me.

But keep on keeping on with those lame generalizations.

Hrrrmmmmmm.

This is stupid. Bynum may be All-NBA 1st because of what Howard did to Orlando, but he's not better and he's not a top 5 player and nt on Durant/CP3's level. he's there by default, not by being amazing. It's an indictment of the C position. And Dwight > Bynum but he won't be 1st team because of how he fucked Orlando up.

Your logic is amazingly stupid.

Also, i'm fine with Kobe being 2nd team.

Doomsayer

How the fuck can anyone argue that Dirk is not even a top 6 forward this season? Fuck that noise.

Top 6 forward?

Fucking list wars... I feel them coming.

There is clear cut top 5 if you include SF's.

LBJ, Love, LMA, Pau, and Durant were the best 5 this year, no contest.

Everything after that is a jumbled mess.

Who's better at the two position Mamba?

I wouldn't say Wade...

Grem, you caught my edit. I was rage typing. I forgot about him, somehow.

Top 6 forward?

Fucking list wars... I feel them coming.

There is clear cut top 5 if you include SF's.

LBJ, Love, LMA, Pau, and Durant were the best 5 this year, no contest.

Everything after that is a jumbled mess.

Who's better at the two position Mamba?

I wouldn't say Wade...

All-NBA is 2 guards, not PG-SG

Westbrook and Wade have a case. Cp3 is a lock.

top 5 players =/= All NBA 1st team.

Top 5 this year are Cp3, Lebron, Durant, Love, Howard. But that's impossible as a 1st team.

edit: And millsap has an argument there too, Doom.

A real man's rankings
First team: CP3, Kobe, Lebron, Durant, Dwight
Second Team: Tony Parker, Wade, Paul Pierce, Kevin Love, Bynum
Third Team: Nash, Westbrook, Deng, Garnett, Chandler

SUPREME1

Banned
1 first team, 1 second team.

Pau > Dirk this year but still not 3rd team so it's a moot discussion to me.

But keep on keeping on with those lame generalizations.

This.

Kobe - 1st Team
Bynum - 2nd Team

Pau, doesn't belong... and neither does Dirk.

So what the fuck is Justin Timberlake bitching about? Saying Pau had a slightly better 2012
regular season than Dirk is not the same as saying Pau deserves to make 3rd team ALL NBA.

Dirk doesn't belong on any of the 2012 ALL NBA TEAMs, period.

This is stupid. Bynum may be All-NBA 1st because of what Howard did to Orlando,

You are using every excuse possible to elevate your favorite players up. Its sad really. I know you sit there thinking you are objective but homie.

You're not.

You literally look at the Dwight fiasco and say, pish posh 21/15/2/2 on 57% shooting? Doesn't matter! My guy played SIX more games! Sure he had all around worse stats, and despite two all-stars to prop him up, his team only managed 5 more wins, but the off the court issues can't be ignored! My guy was an angel off the court! An angel! Andrew Bynum! ANGEL! Believe me!

All-NBA first team.

No doubt about it.

Doomsayer

All-NBA is 2 guards, not PG-SG

Westbrook and Wade have a case. Cp3 is a lock.

top 5 players =/= All NBA 1st team.

Top 5 this year are Cp3, Lebron, Durant, Love, Howard. But that's impossible as a 1st team.

edit: And millsap has an argument there too, Doom.

I don't think Thrillsap was a top 5 forward this year. Top 10 easily, but not top 5.

I don't think you can put Westbrook over Kobe either. It's basically a battle between Kobe and Wade. They both had injuries this year though...

Gremlin, I think I like your list best.

Everything was fine til I read Deng. WTF.
I think someone on the Bulls deserves a mention. Precluding the entirety of the Bulls team when Chicago could potentially be the top-seeded team in the league is a little silly to me. And he really was the focal point of their offense and defense most nights, particularly in the absence of Rose.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I think someone on the Bulls deserves a mention. Precluding the entirety of the Bulls team when Chicago could potentially be the top-seeded team in the league is a little silly to me. And he really was the focal point of their offense and defense most nights, particularly in the absence of Rose.
Deng has been horrendous on offense since his wrist injury, which was months ago.

Boozer was the teams MVP!

You are using every excuse possible to elevate your favorite players up. Its sad really. I know you sit there thinking you are objective but homie.

You're not.

You literally look at the Dwight fiasco and say, pish posh 21/15/2/2 on 57% shooting? Doesn't matter! My guy played SIX more games! Sure he had all around worse stats, and despite two all-stars to prop him up, his team only managed 5 more wins, but the off the court issues can't be ignored! My guy was an angel off the court! An angel! Andrew Bynum! ANGEL! Believe me!

All-NBA first team.

No doubt about it.

You are dumb. I said Dwight > Bynum

I was arguing on what I think the voters would do. I would make Bynum 2nd team if I could. The whole point was that you can't take the all-nba teams and then argue 3 of those would be worse than a hypothetical other 3 because the vote doesn't represent top 5 players.

hell, I just wrote right above your post that Dwight was in the top 5 this season.

linsivvi

As for Pau, I think he's either the 3rd or 4th best PF in the league this season. LMA has a legit case.

Dirk is definitely not better than Pau this season though. Anyone who say that is either a homer or just hate the Lakers. Dirk is shooting 45.6% from the field this season, the lowest since his rookie season and coincidentally that's the exact same FG% as Russell Westbrook.

Whatever the case, it's Hollinger so anything he says should be disregarded anyway.

As for Pau, I think he's either the 3rd or 4th best PF in the league this season. LMA has a legit case.

Dirk is definitely not better than Pau this season though. Anyone who say that is either a homer or just hate the Lakers. Dirk is shooting 45.6% from the field this season, the lowest since his rookie season and coincidentally that's the exact same FG% as Russell Westbrook.

Whatever the case, it's Hollinger so anything he says should be disregarded anyway.

Hollinger left Dirk off and put Pau on...

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Boozer was the teams MVP!
Listen, I don't want to seem biased, but this man is absolutely correct. He's the only starter to have played in all games, and out of all of them, he's been the most consistent.

The Boozer Defense Force Endorses This Post.

Branduil

Dirk's TS%=56%
Pau's TS%=55%
YNB's TS%=54%

Also you just compared Dirk to Westbrook, smh.

Only in LA does 17 and 10 while playing next to the best SG and an all-star C make you a top-3 PF.

SUPREME1

Banned

BUT HE DA FINALS MVP YO!

I was arguing on what I think the voters would do.

Oh so now it is no longer your opinion and just what you think the analysts will decide.

This guy.

This fuckin' guy.

I guess we can go back to discussing how you think the Mavs would be just as good if you replaced Dirk with Pau. Or how you just used Dallas going 4-0 without Dirk as defense as to why hes less valuable to his team than Pau Gasol.

You're a gold mine dude. I can go for days.

linsivvi

Dirk's TS%=56%
Pau's TS%=55%
YNB's TS%=54%

Also you just compared Dirk to Westbrook, smh.

Only in LA does 17 and 10 while playing next to the best SG and an all-star C make you a top-3 PF.

That's exactly what I said. You used the ONLY stat you can use that Dirk has over Pau and used that as justification. Pau is better on EVERYTHING ELSE. And even then, it's 1 tiny percentage point. Big deal.

A PF shooting the same FG% as a shoot-first-ask-later PG is a good thing????? As least Love rebounds twice as much as Dirk does.

Your franchise player doesn't deserve anything but a first round exit this year. Deal with it.

Hollinger left Dirk off and put Pau on...

A broken clock is right twice a day.

Oh so now it is no longer your opinion and just what you think the analysts will decide.

It was never my opinion. I was trying to explain why your argument is dumb as fuck.

The fact that the 1st team will have Bynum on it when Howard should be but won't because of his Orlando shit, is why taking 3 random players that include Howard as evidence of building a better 3 man team is stupid.

Dwight SHOULD be 1st team. But he won't be. So any time you pick a hypothetical team with Dwight on it, it will be better at the C than Bynum.

Your argument is as dumb as your cancer insults.

I guess we can go back to discussing how you think the Mavs would be just as good if you replaced Dirk with Pau. Or how you just used Dallas going 4-0 without Dirk as defense as to why hes less valuable to his team than Pau Gasol.

You're a gold mine dude. I can go for days.

Did you suddenly forget how bad Dirk was the first month?

That's exactly what I said. You used the ONLY stat you can use that Dirk has over Pau and used that as justification. Pau is better on EVERYTHING ELSE. And even then, it's 1 tiny percentage point. Big deal.

Pau has a better FG% and efg%. his TS% is lower because Dirk goes to the line more...because he shoots more. That's the only reason for the difference. Dirk takes more shots and thus has a slightly higher TS%.

Canuck76

Banned
A real man's rankings
First team: CP3, Kobe, Lebron, Durant, Dwight
Second Team: Tony Parker, Wade, Paul Pierce, Kevin Love, Bynum
Third Team: Nash, Westbrook, Deng, Garnett, Chandler

Third team is where it gets a bit suspect. I would have Rondo for Nash. I would have L.M.A for Garnett, maybe.... i don't know for C but i don't think Chandler should be there. Maybe Marc? And somebody else for Deng.

linsivvi

Also, you make it sound like getting 10 rebounds a game is something trivial. How many players grab 10+ rebounds this season? How many players rebounded more than Pau? How many of them get 10 rebounds playing next to a guy who's already getting 12 rebounds a game?

Dirk can't even average 7 rebounds playing next to Brendan Haywood.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Justin, at some point you need to separate basketball from life. Fisher flopping and daggering the Spurs on the basketball court is one thing. Working hard as the NBPA leader and exposing corruption is an entirely different matter.

It would make you a much better person if you could separate the two, Justin.

In the end Fisher is an incompetent union leader and no longer fit to even play ahead of Royal Ivey. Hunter isn't any better though.

Harden cleared to play tonight. But won't, since they're locked in and resting.

51K29.jpg

linsivvi

In the end Fisher is an incompetent union leader

Provide examples of his incompetence as union leader or you're just full of shit.

Also, exposing long term corruption within the organization is a proof of competence, even if he did nothing prior, which is totally not true.

and no longer fit to even play ahead of Royal Ivey.

What does that have to do with anything? Are you saying you're just as terrible as Justin as a person and not able to separate basketball games from life?

Top Bottom