• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Doomsayer

Provide examples of his incompetence as union leader or you're just full of shit.

Also, exposing long term corruption within the organization is a proof of competence, even if he did nothing prior, which is totally not true.

What does that have to do with anything? Are you saying you're just as terrible as Justin as a person and not able to separate basketball games from life?

Don't mind Luca, all he does is drive by post to talk to shit.

I don't understand what Fisher has done to give him the label "incompetent." I'm sure your just spouting your bullshit like always.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Provide examples of his incompetence as union leader or you're just full of shit.

Also, exposing long term corruption within the organization is a proof of competence, even if he did nothing prior, which is totally not true.

What does that have to do with anything? Are you saying you're just as terrible as Justin as a person and not able to separate basketball games from life?
Ignore Lucha. Ignore him.

Canuck76

Banned
It's gonna be so great when Fisher is daggered in the playoffs by his former team.

He'll get as dirty as possible, former team or not.

Providing dat veteran flop experience.

In the end Fisher is an incompetent union leader and no longer fit to even play ahead of Royal Ivey. Hunter isn't any better though.

I don't know if I'd describe Fisher as incompetent per se, just evil.

Waiting a few years to expose Hunter so that he'd be the primary beneficiary of the fallout rather than Garrity? Evil, yes. Incompetent, not so much.

Though if you mean incompetent in the sense that he is horrible at doing the job of protecting the players' interests, then yeah, you're right. I don't think he gives a damn about anybody but himself tho.

linsivvi

Did you miss the lockout where Fisher and Hunter both repeatedly proved their ineptitude and every opportunity?

You mean they should just get pushed over and accept whatever terrible deal the NBA put on the table?

We've got a season and a deal that's not totally one-sided. Y/N?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You mean they should just get pushed over and accept whatever terrible deal the NBA put on the table?

So you missed the part where they failed in every way to even put information out to the players? The most basic part of their job description?

They ran a circus. An embarrassing, leverage destroying circus. "THEY GOT A DEAL. Y/N?" is just a colossal display of idontknowwtfi'mtalkingabout-ism considering all the bullshit that went down this past offseason...

Um.

You know the players got absolutely manhandled right?

Like, they got destroyed in every way possible.

I'm just going to assume you know that because no self-respecting person would walk into a conversation about the 2011 NBA lockout without that knowledge.

And from what I can tell, you are a self-respecting person.

Aren't you?

linsivvi

So you missed the part where they failed in every way to even put information out to the players? The most basic part of their job description?

They ran a circus. An embarrassing, leverage destroying circus. "THEY GOT A DEAL. Y/N?" is just a colossal display of idontknowwtfi'mtalkingabout-ism considering all the bullshit that went down this past offseason...

Tell me where they've failed in EVERY way to put information out to the players. Not hearsay but actual prove. Otherwise you are just displaying as much idontknowwtfi'mtalkingabout as you accused me of doing.

DY_nasty

Only Duhon can save us.
Tell me where they've failed in EVERY way to put information out to the players. Not hearsay but actual prove. Otherwise you are just displaying as much idontknowwtfi'mtalkingabout as you accused me of doing.
Now you're the one talking out of your ass.

Wow.

Its like you just didn't pay attention to the WWE bullshit that went down during "negotiations" over those months.

Hunter and Fisher were both getting asked to step down before the final deal (where they got owned) passed and it became apparent that many players didn't even know what the fuck they were voting on.

LuchaShaq

Banned

Wasted months not decertifying when it was literally the only leverage the union had? If they set that in motion in Julyish they might not have been so fucked and it was obvious to everyone on the outside.

They couldn't even properly inform their union members, just look at any non reps twitter account from this summer. People were left in the fucking dark and learning shit off espn instead of proper sources. What a joke.

DY_nasty

Wasted months not decertifying when it was literally the only leverage the union had? If they set that in motion in Julyish they might not have been so fucked and it was obvious to everyone on the outside.

It doesn't even start there. The players pretty much started acting without him because he had no fucking clue what to do, how to do it, or where to start.

linsivvi

Only Duhon can save us.

Now you're the one talking out of your ass.

Wow.

Its like you just didn't pay attention to the WWE bullshit that went down during "negotiations" over those months.

Hunter and Fisher were both getting asked to step down before the final deal (where they got owned) passed and it became apparent that many players didn't even know what the fuck they were voting on.

So you're going on with your hearsay, fine.

I read the same shit that you read, ie, unless you have some connection to the parties involved that nobody's aware of, you know exactly as much as I do. I just have a very opinion of the situation from you. The way I see it is that they have to negotiate with the league at a position of weakness, while having to deal with the agents' interference.

If you disagree with that, shrug. There's absolutely no need to be so condescending though.

DY_nasty

So you're going on with your hearsay, fine.

I read the same shit that you read, ie, unless you have some connection to the parties involved that nobody's aware of, you know exactly as much as I do. I just have a very opinion of the situation from you. The way I see it is that they have to negotiate with the league at a position of weakness, while having to deal with the agents' interference.

If you disagree with that, shrug. There's absolutely no need to be so condescending though.

Hearsay?

It played out live for months on every avenue of media.

giri

It doesn't even start there. The players pretty much started acting without him because he had no fucking clue what to do, how to do it, or where to start.

Both sides handled the lockout and everything leading up to it with a very hap hazard arrogance though. Negotiations didn't even start until December.

Alrix

I think you Knicks fans can give it up. Bobcats ain't coming back from 13 down. Not even against Orlando.

gEt2l.jpg

DY_nasty

When Chris Duhon blocks your shot, then you lose your shit and throw up a shitty playground reverse layup that hits nothing

its time to swallow a shotgun

DY_nasty

But Jeffrey gets a pass for this bullshit.

Even Isiah never rolled out a season this bad...hell, NO ONE rolled out a season this bad.
Isiah never rolled out a season this bad

but he did give away every draft pick for a decade and pick up every bad contract under the sun - at least we're like.... not getting worse.

Q Miller declaring doesn't make much sense. Should have gone back to college and tried to show better movement in year 2 in his ACL recovery.

But Jeffrey gets a pass for this bullshit.

Even Isiah never rolled out a season this bad...hell, NO ONE rolled out a season this bad.

Does it matter in the long-run? There's like three guys on the roster who might be on the team in three years so it's not like they're doing damage to their long-term core.

Top Bottom