• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

No, players are not machines. They don't shoot to their averages, the averages represent how they are performing.

It's not like a coin flip where you get roughly 50% heads if you flip it enough times.

Also, a player hitting 70% in the first quarter has no bearing on his shooting percentage for the rest of the game. You need to learn how statistics work.
They're not machines, no. But the probability of a player shooting 70% for the game is definitely lower than the probability that things will even out...Its why you don't see guys shooting 70-80% a lot...

linsivvi

They're not machines, no. But the probability of a player shooting 70% for the game is definitely lower than the probability that things will even out...Its why you don't see guys shooting 70-80% a lot...

Because nobody is saying that?

Nobody knows how he will perform the rest of the game, but that 70% shooting already happened and nothing can change that.

Just stop.

That looked like a terrible call on McBobs. Butler faded away and stuck his legs out...

Lakers rebounding has been bad. Keeping Clippers in this one. Some have been bad luck, but mostly not a good effort on the boards.

Especially against a shitty rebounding team.

Jarlaxle

No, series with the Rockets is tied 1-1 with one game left. Going to probably have split the two games against the Spurs to have any chance and that's not likely...

Phoenix plays Denver on Friday and the Lakers play Hou on Friday so if we beat Denver and the Lakers beat Houston, they'll be a three way tie for 7th. You really aren't that far behind. How many home games do you have left? I thought I saw a stat that before tonight you only lost 7 home games. Utah is always a tough place to play in.

diehard

Fleer
Phoenix plays Denver on Friday and the Lakers play Hou on Friday so if we beat Denver and the Lakers beat Houston, they'll be a three way tie for 7th. You really aren't that far behind. How many home games do you have left? I thought I saw a stat that before tonight you only lost 7 home games. Utah is always a tough place to play in.

no Utah is 2 losses back of those teams now

Wow if it wasnt for Butler having the game of his life this would be a blowout. Solid play from the role players though.
Yeah no idea where our defense is tonight. Caron is playing out of his mind and we're still down by 8. Certainly didn't help that Blake was taking so many stupid shots early, though.

BLAKE-PAU-GASOL.gif

Even Laker fans are laughing at that play. LOL.

Seriously...Pau is half the player he can be if he's in the lineup with Andrew. There is only one ball, and DEFENSE isnt the strong part of Pau's game.

:(

Puddles

Banned
I just don't think 12 years with about 3 seasons worth of games missed = any special longevity

LeBron's durability has been ridiculous, and it's one of those things that almost makes you suspect the existence of the supernatural. Given his play style, he should have blown out a knee or an ankle or separated a shoulder by now, but he's been almost completely healthy. It's weird.

Top Bottom