• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

Cloudy

Banned
Not sure what VDN was thinking. Why not try double-teaming Bynum who holds the ball forever to disrupt the Lakers offense?

Mothman91

?

You make it sound like only bynum has gone off on them?

The clippers bigs have played joke defence all season long.

They flop more than play d.

It's disgraceful.

Really, legitimately, disgraceful.

This is true, but my hate of Griffin adds to it...hehe.

I'll take a moral victory in saying that your statement that no Flakers fans were looking ahead to playing the Clips was wrong.

Clips are still a first-round exit.

We weren't. I was looking at the game last night as it was happening, then moved on to tonight's.

I'll look ahead to Boston, Miami, OKC, Spurs, and Dallas. This season. But that's about it.

rage1973

Man, that's how many games Ron has saved us with his hot hands? Love you metta even though you got alot of haters on gaf.

He is probably the best at swiping the ball out with his hands. He seems so slow at times but god damn those hands are quick.

giga

Lol time to come home bronze. The double headband is ridiculous.

610x.jpg

x610.jpg

Another idiotic statement. Does the IQ of the Laker fanbase drop after every win?

Yeah because Sterling's track record as Clippers owner totally doesn't back up that sentiment or anything. You can't just be unlucky and be as bad as the Clippers have been. IT's because their ownership fucking sucks. Plain and simple.

Sterling doesn't give a fuck about wins and losses. That shit trickles down from the owner and is why the Clippers are and always will be losers.

True, but CP3 wants to win every game he ever plays in. I'm convinced of that. Not even Sterling could fuck that up. Cp3 might leave after next season, but dude has no quit in him. He's a gamer.

I think Blake cares about winning too. But I also think some of the Blake hate is going overboard (minus his attitude).

Another idiotic statement. Does the IQ of the Laker fanbase drop after every win?

Lmao. Yes because paying DeAndre like there's no tomorrow just screams "championship contenders." Please.

Edit: Again, this isn't about the players themselves. DJ is a great highlight player. He is NOT someone you overpay in an attempt to bolster your roster for a deep playoff run. If you think Sterling runs this team for Playoff runs and not ticket sales you're delusional. Wins are just a bonus for him at this point.

giri

Yes, it's in direct competition with arrogance. One goes up, the other goes down.

Also, DJ might be the worst contract in the league now.

Thats so amazing to me.

I was sure he would be worth that contract. But right now, Brenda Haywood is worth more.

It really does make sense to double Bynum every time he gets it in the blocks. He hasn't shown the ability to make the correct decision many times and will force up bad shots or turn it over frequently. Plus he abuses every center out there one on one.
You can tell this is the thing to do because VDN didn't do it.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Yeah because Sterling's track record as Clippers owner totally doesn't back up that sentiment or anything. You can't just be unlucky and be as bad as the Clippers have been. IT's because their ownership fucking sucks. Plain and simple.

As much as I enjoy watching CP3/Griffin it's hard to root for a team owned by a racist scumbag slumlord.

Bynum just said, "there are alot of haters out there."

lmfao.

That's disgusting....2 headbands? Who would even allow themselves to do that...

Wow, Lebron is so fucking OCD about his receding hairline, it's ridiculous. His hair is already so fuckin' short, why not just cut it off and get it over with?

Fantomex

Shaqs the dumbest commentator/analyst on tv. Dude disagrees and agrees in the same sentence. What is wrong with this man? Stupid.

You guys don't understand! Sterling is just unlucky and misunderstood! I mean, all teams go through bad (30 year) stretches that end up with covers like this:

si.gif

Emwitus

This has to be the most satisfying win for me as a lakers fun. The look on griffin's face after he realized they were loosing the game......priceless. Fortunately, gasol acted like a two time champion the rest of the game.

I don't get how people still fail to see this. He gives two shits about winning. He's already won because of dat $$$$$.

Clips are a doormat, always have been, always will be.

Also, DJ might be the worst contract in the league now.

Thats so amazing to me.

I was sure he would be worth that contract. But right now, Brenda Haywood is worth more.

Why exactly was he worth that? Neither him nor Griffin play defense. They just like highlights.

True, but CP3 wants to win every game he ever plays in. I'm convinced of that. Not even Sterling could fuck that up. Cp3 might leave after next season, but dude has no quit in him. He's a gamer.

I think Blake cares about winning too. But I also think some of the Blake hate is going overboard (minus his attitude).

True on CP3, and I hope he does leave after next season for a team that can actually go somewhere other than on vacation.

The Griffin hate to me is somewhat warranted, because he really does play "defense" aka flop like a bitch when he has the tools to be a damn good, if not elite defender.

There, there. You're making the playoffs. Baby steps.

giri

Why exactly was he worth that? Neither him nor Griffin play defense. They just like highlights.

Super athletic 7 footers don't come along all the time.

Thats why he got that money.

He actually played better defense last year.

He has genuinely regressed this year, worrying about getting alley oops and highlight plays on the break.

The Lakers have agreed to multiyear deals with broadcasters Bill Macdonald and Stu Lantz, making them the centerpiece of the team's move to a newly created Time Warner Cable channel next season, The Times has learned.

Macdonald is in his first year as the Lakers' play-by-play announcer, and Lantz is in his 25th year as their color commentator.

Yes. I have liked Billy Mac. No nasal voice. Says "cash" and "fresh snow" and doesn't step on Chick's toes unlike..

Radio broadcasters John Ireland and Mychal Thompson are also expected to be retained next season by the Lakers, though nothing has been finalized.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fuck John Ireland!

Also, Platchke with another hit piece on Lakers. For 10 years I've been wishing this clown got traded to the Chicago Tribune or something.

Andrew Bynum scored 36 points on 13 of 20 shooting and Kobe Bryant scored 31 while making 13 of 19 shots. Since 1990, the only other pair of Lakers teammates to each score 30 or more points while making at least 65 percent of their shots in one game were Bryant (35 pts, 11 for 16) and Shaquille O'Neal (31 pts, 15 for 23) against Golden State on Feb. 18, 2004.

Wednesday's game between the Clippers (32-22) and Lakers (35-20) was the 192nd meeting of the two franchises, dating back to the Clippers' inception as the Buffalo Braves in 1970. But it was the first tilt between these clubs in which both teams entered the game with a season record at least nine games over the .500 mark.

HAHAHA

Top Bottom