• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

abuC

I think Okc has figured out the Heat. Bad news for the Heat especially if Okc can overcome a slow start.

They shot 43% and didn't score 100pts for the first time since game 1 against the Spurs.

Neither team has figured out the other, just ebb and flow, if Miami can keep it under 100 they should win, if the Thunder score more than 100 they should win.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
That final play was terrible. I understand taking a quick shot, but from that angle? Even if you let that slide, Brooks was making terrible decisions all night.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Battier bailed the heat out with some clutch 3s. If it wasn't for that then Lebron's great effort would have been all for not. Nice win by the heat, and while I'm semi surprised KD didn't get the call at the end since superstars usually do they need to not suck the 1st half and this isn't even an issue.

Also Nick Collison was $$$ in game 1. He was *crickets chirping* in game two.

jman2050

im just saying OKC played like utter shit for most of the game and heat played extremely well. and the game came super close despite that. heat wont always play this well and OKC wont always be this shitty

No, the game was super close because Durant had an unbelievable 4th quarter. OKC won the fourth but they lost the game because they were behind so much after the first three. In aggregate the game ended up being fairly close, just as the score indicated.

I could go the other way and say OKC isn't guaranteed to be excellent in the fourth quarter again, but that wouldn't mean anything cause they could just as easily make that up by playing better in the first half. Not even considering the fact that OKC has to go on the road now.

Why are people so adamant in thinking that this ISN'T going to be a close series that can go either way?

Blondie

Neo Member
That was exhausting! Heat survived by the skin of their teeth! Gotta improve that late game offense and stick to the 3pt shooters instead of over-helping so much... *whew*

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Generally, at the end of the day, it balances itself out. Durant wasn't called on the charge that could have fouled him out. Lebron wasn't called on that last foul. Shit happens. It's no surprise.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Battier bailed the heat out with some clutch 3s. If it wasn't for that then Lebron's great effort would have been all for not. Nice win by the heat, and while I'm semi surprised KD didn't get the call at the end since superstars usually do they need to not suck the 1st half and this isn't even an issue.

Sorry Brett but you are flatout WRONG. Are all better than those Cavs teams but they weren't bad like Luchashaq said. Unless Lakers pulled off a really big move they weren't going to do win a chip, but as it seems matching Wade and Bosh still can't get Pau a ring. He's proving to be incredibly hard to build around.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Oh he's not my boy, I don't need to defend him, he's a player like any other, makes mistakes, makes plays. And I'm not calling you a troll, I believe you believe Westbrook is the devil and deserves to have every mistake called out, even the ones no one else sees. I just think you're laughably predictable.
Unless you're actually going to talk about the game - not imaginary personal vendettas (because I hate on everyone) - then move on.

There's a difference between mistakes and what this was. What this is.

I understand you're new, so you didn't see the Bynum hate. The Terry hate. The Pacer hate. The Melo hate. So take a minute to get used to it. Breathe it in.

terrible 1st quarter
durant in foul trouble most of the game
westbrick
battier crazy hot from 3
lebron semi-clutch

still only lost by 4. okc still got this

i hope.

J2 Cool

Brooks was stupid for calling that Time out. His team was surging. The Heat were reeling. Let them run and attack. Example of over-coaching.

I thought so. After that Lebron miss, they had all the momentum and were in transition. I was okay with whatever happened, and it seemed like something good. They score there and the roof goes off. Good luck Miami scoring after that.

Count yourself lucky gaf. I have to see it on my facebook feed, and hear it at work about how great the Miami Heat are. As if they won 16 championships & counting. Ugh. Maybe I should take tomorrow off.

The M.O.B

All the talk is going to be about Lebron and Durant.

BUT HOW BOUT DAT BOSH

15 boards, same amount as Perkins, Ibaka, and Collison combined

7 offensive, more than Perkins,Ibaka, and Collison combined

and 16 pts, again more than Perkins, Ibaka, and Collison combined

Never gets enough respect.

Count yourself lucky gaf. I have to see it on my facebook feed, and at work about how great the Miami Heat are. As if they won 16 championships & counting. Ugh. Maybe I should take tomorrow off.

Seriously. The only reason I'm not going in on this one girl is she's fine as hell. Lol.

Canuck76

Banned
Do have to say if Thunder won this game the series would be over. It would prove they could start like crap and finish with no consequences.

Start Nick and take out Perk, have him come with fisher for the former Celtic/laker second unit B^)'

Rou ouh, game 3 and fisher coming up D: god mode time

Nightmares :(

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
@basketballtalk said:
Every time a late foul like this happens, I hear my old coach: "If you hadn't sucked in the second quarter it wouldn't have come to this."

You hear that YNB? Y u suck so bad in the second quarter?

If OKC didn't want to lose they shouldn't have eaten so much dick in the first quarter.

It's like going to a restaurant and filling up on bread then not having room for dessert. Dessert at a dick restaurant.

I don't stand by that analogy, it ran across my mind and I thought I'd share.

Top Bottom