• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

Puddles

Banned
Well this is fucked. Absolutely fucked.

No chance LeBron schedules a trip to the Everglades and loses a foot to a gator attack before Game 3, right?

All the talk is going to be about Lebron and Durant.

BUT HOW BOUT DAT BOSH

15 boards, same amount as Perkins, Ibaka, and Collison combined

7 offensive, more than Perkins,Ibaka, and Collison combined

and 16 pts, again more than Perkins, Ibaka, and Collison combined

Never gets enough respect.

He was HUGE, amazing play by Bosh. The big three played like they had too, we need to do that every game, maybe even better. Battier is that big role player we have been looking for since this team got together.

Still there are moments in the 4th quarter where our defense vanishes. Them hitting crazy shots is going to happen but we let them get so many easy layups.

If OKC didn't want to lose they shouldn't have eaten so much dick in the first quarter.

It's like going to a restaurant and filling up on bread then not having room for dessert. Dessert at a dick restaurant.

I don't stand by that analogy, it ran across my mind and I thought I'd share.
I'm just wondering how did dick run across your mind doe

;)

Thunder let it go with their 17 point deficit, don't blame the refs. They called it pretty straight.

Also, Battier bailed them out with his above average numbers. That won't keep happening.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You hear that YNB? Y u suck so bad in the second quarter?
Wait until game 6 when people sip on ESPN koolaid and look at $tat$ then pop off with 500 word essays like "Westbrook is averaging near a triple double this series! Clearly the problem lies with OKC's defense"

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
dat jaw
j7PHCGkdU4bah.jpg

Ramblin

Banned
Unless you're actually going to talk about the game - not imaginary personal vendettas (because I hate on everyone) - then move on.

There's a difference between mistakes and what this was. What this is.

I understand you're new, so you didn't see the Bynum hate. The Terry hate. The Pacer hate. The Melo hate. So take a minute to get used to it. Breathe it in.

Okay, you're an equal opportunity hater. You're right I've only seen the Westbrook hate. But if that's your MO, I'll move along. But when you're calling out every little mistake it's hard to take you seriously.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Do have to say if Thunder won this game the series would be over. It would prove they could start like crap and finish with no consequences.
worked for the spurs
Why do coaches do these speeches at the pro level? These are grown ass men
they should give real life speeches!
"if you don't try hard I will get fired..."

DJ88

Ok, I'm back from the brink. So fucking lucky to have survived that 4th. I hate that the Heat, in the 4th, always get away from what was working the whole game and were so close to letting this one get away. Durant was a fucking beast again, I'll be honest, I am completely terrified of him in the 4th. James on the other hand I thought had a great game. He was driving to the basket, not settling for the jumper, until the 4th and he started deferring again (RAGE!) but thankfully he had some pretty huge points at the end even if the total was shit compared to Durant.

Fucking hell, if it wasn't for Durant being in early foul trouble and a lucky ass three from Battier, I think the out come is different no doubt.

Heat need to stop breaking down and going all iso when teams start putting the pressure!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Same here. I just wish they would call shit evenly. I just get annoyed when Miami fans try to act like they don't get more calls.

It was pretty even considering that Durant should've fouled out and LBJ clearly fouled him. YNB got a clear phantom layup and there was the shitty goaltend.

Until you see some Kings/Lakers shit, which does not happen anymore, I don't think refs really have much to do with anything. If a mentally weak team like the Knicks folds due to officiating, then they would've folded to some other shit anyways...
Okay, you're an equal opportunity hater. You're right I've only seen the Westbrook hate. But if that's your MO, I'll move along. But when you're calling out every little mistake it's hard to take you seriously.
Its not my MO. Criticizing play is not an MO.

Get out of that mindset.

Don't treat this like gaming side where people hate for the sake of hating or dick ride to save gas money.

I "hate" on everyone because there is no perfect player.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

mistakes are mistakes...no other way to say it...

Trey

LeBron played well, Wade was reanimated in the first half, Bosh chipped in, and the role players stepped up. Thunder dug a hole and couldn't quite climb out.

1-1 going to Miami.

jman2050

Heat's three point defense confuses me. Let Durant and co drive to the basket and dare them to continue hitting their ridiculous circus shots, but don't let Durant just chuck threes with impugnity. That's just dumb.

It was pretty even considering that Durant should've fouled out and LBJ clearly fouled him. YNB got a clear phantom layup and there was the shitty goaltend.

Until you see some Kings/Lakers shit, which does not happen anymore, I don't think refs really have much to do with anything. If a mentally weak team like the Knicks folds due to officiating, then they would've folded to some other shit anyways...

Yeah man I remember Kings/Lakers. I was such a big Mike Bibby fan I cried over that shit ha ha.

Wilbon: LeBron is answering the call

Did he fucking watch the game. What is this. Did he miss the 1000 deferrals?

Lebron is going to win the Finals MVP without ever actually having a huge 4th in the Finals.

He did hit some clutch free-throws, but he was still 1-4 in the 4th and deferred a shit-ton. Wade and Battier were more clutch than he was that quarter.

Lebron is going to win the Finals MVP without ever actually having a huge 4th in the Finals.

He did hit some clutch free-throws, but he was still 1-4 in the 4th and deferred a shit-ton. Wade and Battier were more clutch than he was that quarter.
I thought his game 1 4th was okay. Durant just went God Mode though so LeBron looked horrible in comparison

Top Bottom