• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

KingKong

579975_3468536148122_134533200_n.jpg

haha he must be really mad about those tickets. then again he's a Heat and Laker and Hornets fan so who knows

I'm mad, fucking mad!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Heat stole this game.
The refs must have wireless earphones on with David Stern on the other end at all times.

James hooks his arm with Durant RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF. Who had the best angle that even the camera couldn't pick up & does not call it!
That was for the tie & would have forced the Heat to (choke) get the win with their own hands.

If Russel moves the ball instead of a lot of those dumb shots he takes OKC would have won. When will dude get over the hump and realize it's not about him.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
What pisses me off is the 2-3-2 format.

Unless Miami loses 2 of 3 at home, they'll be up after 5 games.

Even if OKC and Miami split games 3 and 4, that means with the series at 2-2, game 5 is in Miami.

That should not be the case.

If both teams win at home, the 2-2 breaking game 5 is in Miami.
If both teams split their home games, the 2-2 breaking game 5 is in Miami.

When the team with HCA and the team without HCA both split the first 4 games, GAME 5 SHOULD NOT FAVOR THE TEAM WITHOUT HCA.

the team with HCA basically needs to win both games 1 and 2 to avoid having their backs against the wall. Because it's not likely you're taking 2 of3 straight when all 3 are on the road.

I'm mad, fucking mad!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Heat stole this game.
The refs must have wireless earphones on with David Stern on the other end at all times.

James hooks his arm with Durant RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF. Who had the best angle that even the camera couldn't pick up & does not call it!
That was for the tie & would have forced the Heat to (choke) get the win with their own hands.

Lol. SALT.

KingKong

I'm mad, fucking mad!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Heat stole this game.

lol

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If Russel moves the ball instead of a lot of those dumb shots he takes OKC would have won. When will dude get over the hump and realize it's not about him.
he's been this way since his second year in the league

gondo has already shed man tears over it and tylerd switches in and out of bipolar denial

you can be a great player and be the dumbest guy on the court

Brooks is a cat though. He should've nipped this shit in the bud two years ago.

Kevtones

Not enough Chalmers love. He made 3 incredible plays in transition that saved the Heat tonight. All in the 4th.

Better team won tonight.

TylerD

Even if OKC and Miami split games 3 and 4, that means with the series at 2-2, game 5 is in Miami.

When the team with HCA and the team without HCA both split the first 4 games, GAME 5 SHOULD NOT FAVOR THE TEAM WITHOUT HCA.

the team with HCA basically needs to win both games 1 and 2 to avoid having their backs against the wall. Because it's not likely you're taking 2 of3 straight when all 3 are on the road.

Yeah it sucks but it has been this way for a long time. Just have to dealwithit.gif

Branduil

I'm mad, fucking mad!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Heat stole this game.

Neither team has any room to complain about getting screwed by the refs. Also, Stern is the only reason OKC even has a basketball team.

DJ88

God that Wade turnover followed by the Durant three killed me. Can't believe Wade did that and I can't believe Durant is so fucking good in the 4th.

As long as Durant is on the floor in the 4th, I'll never feel safe with any lead.

KingGondo

Banned
This loss reminded me of game 2 against the Spurs. Played like dogshit, other team was hot, got down big, came back to make it a game, but still lost.

But just like the other series, there were obvious corrections we could make (namely, sitting Perk's ass firmly on the bench for Collison). But unlike that series, the Thunder will have to make adjustments and do it on the road.

I feel bad because the Thunder played badly, but I'm optimistic because the Heat played a very good game and it still should have been tied at the end.

So many missed FTs, way too many threes attempted, that bad goaltend call (at least a 5-point swing), Battier goes JAXXX on us, a questionable non-call at the end, and it's still neck-and-neck.

abuC

If Battier just shoots a normal 3pt%, OKC wins this and goes up 2-0.

Jesus, I'm going to need therapy after this series.

Battier is getting wide open looks, it's not like he's hitting contested 3 pointers left and right like Durant. On most of the shots he has time to set his feet, feel the seams on the ball and let it fly with no pressure.

KingKong

are you serious? 2-3-2 favors the home court team extremely heavily, provided they hold serve. It's very difficult to win 3 in a row in the Finals so the away team almost always gives up a home game

Mothman91

Yeah..if Battier can shoot regularly from the 3 point line, I think OKC got this.

but damn...Battier has been going OFF. Missed like 1(?) 3pt shot?

can't really complain about KD's foul by james not called, when KD's charging foul should have had him out of the game and 12 of his points taken from the scoreboard.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

gondo has already shed man tears over it and tylerd switches in and out of bipolar denial

Which is why I lamented earlier that I am surprised that OKC made the Finals with him playing like this.

Looking at the statsheet tonight would make you think he did "well" (sorry Mamba!), but watching the game it was anything but.

YNB's poor play lost this game in the first half.

The worst thing is when he plays the way he should they basically win every time. An OKC team where Westbrook gets the ball to Harden and Durant: their scorers and he gets to the rim and knocks down his mid-range shot is nearly unstoppable.

Dre3001

Shame that Durant doesnt have an ego and is too nice......

Westbrook single handily put them in a big hole and they couldnt come back....he was horrible

Durant should chew his ass out after this pitiful game

benjipwns

Banned
It has? I thought MLB and NBA used to be 2-2-1-1-1.
It was changed to 2-3-2 for the 1985 Finals.

Nobody wanted to fly to Boston/Philly and back to Los Angeles between games four and five and then after game five and then again after game six anymore.

Heh Thunder have missed lots of free throws these past two games, smh still nervous or something.

Who did Birdman bet to win the finals? His choices usually mean death

Top Bottom