• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

LOL for real.

That's some funny shit.

Also, you guys hear about the homeless dude who got his face eaten? First words he said in the hospital after recovering was "Go Heat".
recovering? the guy is alive? i saw a pic of his face(or lack of) and i was 100% sure he was dead.

wtf

You can hit two shots, two FTs AND still play passive. Mediocre is better than what he did last season, still not good enough for the NBA's best player.
Exactly. He was very passive in the 4th. Its not even about the passing...He wasn't even running plays before passing it. He just passed to teammates who were in iso situations. Dumb.

So frustrating to watch, especially considering that whenever he is aggressive, good things generally happen.

Puddles

Banned
Imagine there are two scenarios, and you are magically given the power to choose which one will transpire.

Scenario 1: The Heat win the next 11 titles. LeBron wins 8 Finals MVPs, and almost every regular season MVP award until he's 35 (Durant manages to win one at some point). After LeBron and Wade fall off athletically, the Heat luck into drafting another superstar late in the 1st round who keeps them elite and wins the last 3 Finals MVPs.

LeBron retires with 11 titles, 10 MVP awards, 8 Finals MVPs, and in about 20 years is unanimously selected the greatest NBA player of all time in the revised rankings, ahead of Jeffrey.

Scenario 2: LeBron goes fishing in the Everglades and loses a foot to an alligator attack. He comes back to play with a prosthetic, but is never the player he once was, and averages 8 ppg for the rest of his career. He never wins a title.

YOU get to decide which of these scenarios will occur. Which do you choose?

For me it would be really tough. On the one hand, you hate to see anyone get injured, but on the other hand, LeBron as the GOAT?

Exactly. He was very passive in the 4th. Its not even about the passing...He wasn't even running plays before passing it. He just passed to teammates who were in iso situations. Dumb.

So frustrating to watch, especially considering that whenever he is aggressive, good things generally happen.
well he gets double teamed a lot so he has to pass.

RBH

ip7tCn1KGSMPH.gif

My God. :lol :lol

Smokey

Imagine there are two scenarios, and you are magically given the power to choose which one will transpire.

Scenario 1: The Heat win the next 11 titles. LeBron wins 8 Finals MVPs, and almost every regular season MVP award until he's 35 (Durant manages to win one at some point). After LeBron and Wade fall off athletically, the Heat luck into drafting another superstar late in the 1st round who keeps them elite and wins the last 3 Finals MVPs.

LeBron retires with 11 titles, 10 MVP awards, 8 Finals MVPs, and in about 20 years is unanimously selected the greatest NBA player of all time in the revised rankings, ahead of Jeffrey.

Scenario 2: LeBron goes fishing in the Everglades and loses a foot to an alligator attack. He comes back to play with a prosthetic, but is never the player he once was, and averages 8 ppg for the rest of his career. He never wins a title.

For me it would be really tough. On the one hand, you hate to see anyone get injured, but on the other hand, LeBron as the GOAT?

Emwitus

4bb.gif

Greg

I should lurk here more.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

HOLY SHIT! LOL!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

What the fuck is wrong with you?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

n2zQv.gif

iAYwhVSmBNZwK.gif

Westbrook is a cancer.
It's too bad, 'cause during the Spurs series, he was more willing to facilitate/drive-dish during key moments.

Dude's just trying to do too much here.

OKC is still the better team, but the Finals just got a lot more interesting.

SamuraiX-

iTH7G.gif

This thread seriously needs to be fucking locked between games.

PBY

Banned

yeah....

balddemon

Banned

SBmPm.gif

Can we have it so he keeps his legs but his dick gets bitten off?

I mean he's out for 2-3 months to recover obviously and returns to his old level of play, but until he gets a prosthetic you can say "LeBron got two testicles, and no shaft!"

I guess if you look solely at the stats you could say that LBJ was passive in the fourth, but that really wasn't the case. Dude was actively involved and playing within the offense.

This is in stark contrast to the corner standing or the hot potatoe passing of last year. If Lebron aint hot he's not gonna really try to force shots and he was getting heavy double/triple teams. You all can bitch and cry "but MJ/Kobe would've still taken those shots" but I dont really give a fuck, whatever gives us the W.

Can we have it so he keeps his legs but his dick gets bitten off?

I mean he's out for 2-3 months to recover obviously and returns to his old level of play, but until he gets a prosthetic you can say "LeBron got two testicles, and no shaft!"

Im pretty sure he would off himself before that.

LuchaShaq

Banned

Scenario 3. Reality plus idiot fans/media stop acting like Lebron raped/murdered everyone they have ever loved.

Guys he's a drive by poster here. He won't even respond and by the time he's ready for another post he'll say something else while forgetting his last post

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
LeBron gets bashed too much, and if he gets a ring, he'll be criticized a lot less which will be nice. Every superstar has asshole qualities, every player in the NBA has weaknesses, it would be nice if people stopped creating fake weaknesses and qualities to hate LeBron, so go Heat.

I do really dislike Wade tho...
I can agree with this.. But on the flipside when people to talk about his legitimate weaknesses in general LeBron fans get too butthurt over it...

LuchaShaq

Banned
I can agree with this.. But on the flipside when people to talk about his legitimate weaknesses in general LeBron fans get too butthurt over it...

Despite hating the irrational Lebron hate nothing makes me rage more than the 1-3 times a game where he catches the ball stands still for 3-5 seconds and then just launches a long 2 or a three.

Almost anything he does with the ball other than that results in a better shot for him or a teammate.

I find these wasted possessions to be a bigger hindrance to his game than any clutch/unclutch or trusting teammates too much type nonsense.

He used to do this even more often and cutting down on this season is a big reason why pre concussion/non concussion he was shooting 55-56% three quarters of the way through the season.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

herman.gif

WTF is this?

Puddles

Banned
I honestly thought that post was fine for Best-GAF. Sorry if anyone thought it was over the line. It should have been perfectly clear that it was a joke. Sorry that I mistakenly acted under the assumption that this kind of dark humor was acceptable here.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi

This thread never lets me down.

h3ro

I honestly thought that post was fine for Best-GAF. Sorry if anyone thought it was over the line. It should have been perfectly clear that it was a joke. Sorry that I mistakenly acted under the assumption that this kind of dark humorwas acceptable here.
Humor implies that the post was funny.

I honestly thought that post was fine for Best-GAF. Sorry if anyone thought it was over the line. It should have been perfectly clear that it was a joke. Sorry that I mistakenly acted under the assumption that this kind of dark humor was acceptable here.
Man you should've waited until people post more funny gif reactions

Gabyskra

Banned

You know, it goes both ways, the stupider whatever your post is, the better the thread becomes because of the reactions. It's called the pimpwerx effect.

Branduil

You know, it goes both ways, the stupider whatever your post is, the better the thread becomes because of the reactions. It's called the pimpwerx effect.

Never forget:

Prepare for a season of humiliating and agonizing torment at hands of the three killers from South Beach.

all41miamiheat.jpg

Lebron James: "Oh, you've gotta have a traditional PG." STFU! Point forward. He's gotta handle the ball in transition or when pushing the tempo. His iso is garbage, but everything else works. He's gonna develop a sick post game too. Dude's gonna be using cheat codes. If he stops with the bullshit, long-rage, contested jumpers, he'll be MVP. Oh shit! Did I say MVP? M-V-fucking-P. No triple-double though.

Dwyane Wade: "B-b-but he can't play off the ball." GTFO! Will play awesome off the ball, although I think he should handle the ball in the half-court. He's much better at creating there than Lebron, and would allow Lebron to dive down for a good post position. Oh yeah, his 3 point shot is only gonna get wetter.

Chris Bosh: "Dude's soft and will get bullied on the boards." Bitch please! He's gonna be our main offensive weapon. I don't know if he'll be the high scorer on any given night, but I see him putting up the better average on the season. He'll definitely average 10+ boards again. His jumper is so sweet. Would never know it since the Raps are never on tv. He's gonna be a problem for a lot of teams, because no way they don't double Wade or Bron.

--- The Crew ---
Mike Miller: Broken thumb sucks, but he'll be back in time to get his stroke working. Dude is scrappy as hell, and does a bit of everything for us. His jumper wasn't falling all that well in preseason, but he rebounds and passes well. When he's healthy, we are gonzo good.

Udonis Haslem: He'll play a lot of center, and good thing. He hasn't really shown it a lot, but he's working great on the pnr with Bron. His jumper is gonna be crucial when Bosh sits, and his rebounding is great as always. The 20 minute double-double off the bench.

Joel Anthony: Dude is a liability on offense, but can actually score if he's aggressive enough. He's always open :lol and if he would just finish with a dunk rather than the soft layins, he'd be a sure option. He showed he can rebound when he's playing controlled, so we'll see. I like him anyway for his blocking and potential. He's quick enough Bron should make some use of him.

Mario Chalmers: More athletic than Arroyo, and a better 3pt shooter. But he makes more turnovers. He's played smart this preseason, so he might be closer to rookier form than sophmore form. That's not bad. His defense is better too. I'd rather he start with Bron because the PG is a redundant position with him on the court. All the PG needs to do is push the ball up the court, then hand it off to Bron or Wade and knock down the open 3. Rio is better for that.

Carlos Arroyo: Reggaeton is the better PG, but we don't need that starting. He's a good facilitator, doesn't turn the ball over, and has a good midrange jumper. He should be on the court whenever Lebron sits.

James Jones: I'm not a fan of his defense, but his stroke was better than Mike's in preseason. He'll need to carry the load anyway with Miller down.

Eddie House: Gonna be important now too. His shot is probably better, but Jones gives us more size. Neither are a great replacement for Miller though, since he rebounds and plays defense well. Jones is better than House in that regard, but I see House in for the big shots.

Zydrunas Ilgauskas: I wouldn't mind seeing him get more burn than Anthony, but he's so doggone slow it's hard to ignore. His rebounding is priceless on both ends though. It's nice to have him in the rotation. I hope he gets his ring.

Dexter Pittman: The next breakout center is this man, right here. If his conditioning continues to improve, he is gonna be a beast. Good footwork and he's not afraid to bang.

Juwan Howard: Not doing bad for his age at all. I assume he's there for leadership and to check off another box on Riley's bucket list. I'm not complaining. He's another set of fouls at worst.

Jamaal Magloire: Not sure why other than leadership, thuganomics and the franchise standing by players. He's gonna be the last guy off the bench.

Jerry Stackhouse: Really? I'm not sure why we would need him, but if he's gonna play like the old Stack, then good news. If he's gonna like the the old...elderly Stack...then we shoulda kept Butler or Beverly.

---

Kinda disappointed we let Bev and Butler go, but whatever. Beverly coulda been our Tyronn Lue. Brought in to harass and hope he develops some sort of perimeter game. We might have bought Butler's loyalty. He couldn't be 100% this season anyway, so after the retirement celebration, he can join the squad in time for ring night. :D It's gonna be an awesome season. PEACE.

Ey, but why's Tony Parker partying it up with Chris "Breezy".. catching bottles with him too.

Thuggin aint it? Parker gets an eye-injury

Parker said: "I was with my friend Chris Brown and me and my friends took some punches, so I'll be missing the start of the French team because I can't do anything for a week except keep the lens in and then take drops."

Ey, but why's Tony Parker partying it up with Chris "Breezy".. catching bottles with him too.

Thuggin aint it? Parker gets an eye-injury

Parker said: "I was with my friend Chris Brown and me and my friends took some punches, so I'll be missing the start of the French team because I can't do anything for a week except keep the lens in and then take drops."

Parker and Breezy? Whodathunkit?

There's no way I would have admitted I got dotted from a drake entourage though.

Jdez15

Banned

SIMON-CONFUSED-GIF-2.gif

balddemon

Banned

well now it's an okay post instead of terrible. but given your history of lebron hate, I'm just not sure how well this plan was thought through.

y80Jd.jpg

Jdez15

Banned
Who expects the Bobcats to trade their 2nd pick, the reason I ask is, well they are the Bobcats. I have heard a little speculation.

Top Bottom