• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

SUPREME1

Banned
HeManSheRa.jpg

She-Ra too fine.

TylerD

He sucked last night, but it's not making excuses to say that it's not all his fault.

The starting lineup has been subpar offensively the entire season, but the difference is that Miami and San Antonio were able to exploit it defensively. Perk should never, ever, EVER end up guarding Battier or LeBron on the perimeter.

I doubt that the starting lineup is going to change but running something, anything at all on offense to get early scoring if we aren't going to modify the lineup to match up better defensively must be done or this series is over.

Reminds me of Dallas last year and trying to dig out of a damn hole every game. We just can't do it against Lebron, DWade, Bosh and Co consistently.

Flash

wtf? Westbrook wasn't even that terrible yesterday... only reason they lost was cause of the no call at the end.

Westbrook IS NOT and WILL NEVER BE a pass first pg...why is that so difficult to understand? I feel like people just trying to create a narrative, ugh.

wtf? Westbrook wasn't even that terrible yesterday... only reason they lost was cause of the no call at the end.

Westbrook IS NOT and WILL NEVER BE a pass first pg...why is that so difficult to understand? I feel like people just trying to create a narrative, ugh.
yes he was bad.also its not really about passing,its that he takes too many jumpers when he is much better as a driver.

what man, he was terrible.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I wonder if people watched the game at this point.

Also, Tony Parker was an example of hockey assists. I don't even know how you can say the same for YNB unless you count offensive rebounds...

SamuraiX-

Part of the reason Westbrook is so stupid and apparently loves to disrupt the flow of his team so much is because apparently the head guys on the Thunder are actually encouraging it. YNB has shown some rare signs of brilliance by playing in the flow of the offense, getting everyone else involved, and still getting his at the same time. And I guarantee you the Thunder never lost a game whenever that happened.

Also, ESPN interviewed LBJ about him defending KD on the final possession. He completely denied the possibility that he could have maybe committed a foul. Shocker.

Bring in Nash, move Westbrook to the 2 and bring in Maynor/Harden/Thabo off the bench.

If the Thunder had Maynor in these Finals, they would 100% sweep the Heat.

Real talk.

DY_nasty

Part of the reason Westbrook is so stupid and apparently loves to disrupt the flow of his team so much is because apparently the head guys on the Thunder are actually encouraging it. YNB has shown some rare signs of brilliance by playing in the flow of the offense, getting everyone else involved, and still getting his at the same time. And I guarantee you the Thunder never lost a game whenever that happened.

This is true. When he's on, he's great - but trying to draw that out of point guards never works.

so you think bron wasn't passive in the 4th last night?

He certainly wasn't super aggressive like durant was in game 1, but I wouldn't say making a couple clutch shots and sinking game ending free throws when you're a bad free throw shooter is passive.

If anything, we saw a solid all around game from him. Maybe the criticism should be that "solid" isn't enough for a player with his skill set, but passive? That's just hating.

He certainly wasn't super aggressive like durant was in game 1, but I wouldn't say making a couple clutch shots and sinking game ending free throws when you're a bad free throw shooter is passive.
You can hit two shots, two FTs AND still play passive. Mediocre is better than what he did last season, still not good enough for the NBA's best player.

Canuck76

Banned
I wonder if people watched the game at this point.

Also, Tony Parker was an example of hockey assists. I don't even know how you can say the same for YNB unless you count offensive rebounds...

Did you?

I gave a pretty clear example of what Westbrook does.

I might find the exact time it happened later.

which i did say but im pretty sure he only made 1 shot in the 4th(which was a great shot and made it a 5 point game instead of a 3 point game) and the FTs were awesome it's just i wish he was more aggressive for the majority of the 4th quarter.

giri

YNB was pretty inefficient yesterday. Why is that so hard to just admit?

He ruins their offensive flow. A lot. Can't run an offense. Doesn't run an offense.

He does a lot of things well. But i don't think he's overly skilled, and would be tyreke evans useful on a bad team. i.e. not really useful at all. He benefits enormously by what the people around him do well.

TP is also a score first PG, who runs an offense incredibly well and is a genuine floor leader.

DY_nasty

Did you?

I gave a pretty clear example of what Westbrook does.

I might find the exact time it happened later.

Did I?

I just covered it all before, during, and after the game in detail. I don't understand how Westbrook's most frequent look, a jumper off the elbow in transition, leads to a hockey assist. Tell me more.

Because he rarely drives with the intent to distribute.

Canuck76

Banned
YNB was pretty inefficient yesterday. Why is that so hard to just admit?

He ruins their offensive flow. A lot. Can't run an offense. Doesn't run an offense.

He does a lot of things well. But i don't think he's overly skilled, and would be tyreke evans useful on a bad team. i.e. not really useful at all. He benefits enormously by what the people around him do well.

TP is also a score first PG, who runs an offense incredibly well and is a genuine floor leader.

There's also a conversation to be had about the Thunder offense.

There are no easy baskets, iso's that last entire shot clock are pretty acceptable and a lack of passing in general.

How much is Russell "ruining" their offensive flow versus Scott Brooks being a crappy coach and not preaching easy baskets?

giri

There are no easy baskets, iso's that last entire shot clock are pretty acceptable and a lack of passing in general.

How much is Russell "ruining" their offensive flow versus Scott Brooks being a crappy coach and not preaching easy baskets?

A lot? Their offense is pretty ugly in general because he takes a fucking age to actually initiate any offensive sets.

Brooks isn't going to be judged a great coach any time soon. But the difference between harden running their offense and YNB is easy to discern.

The Thunder's offense has been obscenely productive these playoffs despite having arguably the most offensively challenged frontcourt in the NBA, not sure their offense needs to be harped on more.

giri

The Thunder's offense has been obscenely productive these playoffs despite having arguably the most offensively challenged frontcourt in the NBA, not sure their offense needs to be harped on more.

I challenge the fact that Ibaka is bad offensively, they just don't run any offense for him. But yeah, they don't get a lot of production from them.

It's the reduction in Turn Overs that has made their offense so great, as a team.

I challenge the fact that Ibaka is bad offensively, they just don't run any offense for him. But yeah, they don't get a lot of production from them.

It's the reduction in Turn Overs that has made their offense so great, as a team.

Ibaka has some of the worst hands in the NBA, they really shouldn't be including him more.

What kind of twilight zone shit is this. That is EXACTLY what we Heat fans say about our offense. Wade has been our Westbrook.

Top Bottom