• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

pilonv1

They literally hung banners because Wade, Zo and Hardaway played IN THE OLYMPICS.

TRFRe.jpg

BANNERS FOR EVERYONE!

Tim doesn't even have his jersey retired in Oakland. Think about that.

Who gives a shit about the Lakers?

or Celtics?

Or......

I know, I know.

There have been various players (on various teams) that have had Gold Medal winning players--no banners.

You guys hang a banner for any fucking thing you can.

Ozzie Guillen will get a banner for apologizing to the Marlin fanbase.

Tim doesn't even have his jersey retired in Oakland. Think about that.

I know.

He has both in Miami!

pilonv1

That said it took until 2012 to have Chris Mullin's jersey retired there so who knows. The sooner David Lee stops wearing it the better.

I know, I know.

There have been various players (on various teams) that have had Gold Medal winning players--no banners.

You guys hang a banner for any fucking thing you can.

Ozzie Guillen will get a banner for apologizing to the Marlin fanbase.

Maybe we do, but again who gives a fuck? At least we have a chip. There are plenty of teams that haven't even been to the Finals yet, let alone win.

charsace

cmon melo... These guys need to get on my work out.. they would be beasts in no time. it looks like he is tucking in his stomach. also he sends pics like this to groupies all the time.
Yo I'm running a mile a day, trying to lose weight. What non weight lifting workouts should I do. I do a hundred sit ups and push ups also.

Resilient

Yo I'm running a mile a day, trying to lose weight. What non weight lifting workouts should I do. I do a hundred sit ups and push ups also.

Burpies, crunches, clap push ups, chin ups, shoulder dips, planks will all help build some body strength and lose weight if you do a high intensity. So try and do 5 x 10 chin ups (5 sets of 10 repetitions), 5 x 10 dips, 100 clap push up, planks for 90 seconds, 60 seconds, then 30 seconds (or 30, 60, 90).

I just won my 2k12 online association, Grizzlies 4 -1 Celtics. My mates are salty and I feel good about myself.

PBY

Banned
Chars- all you need to do is lift heavy 3 times a week, you can throw in a day or two of hiit. Tbh a mile a day isn't gonna do much unless you sprint it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Chars- all you need to do is lift heavy 3 times a week, you can throw in a day or two of hiit. Tbh a mile a day isn't gonna do much unless you sprint it.

I'm not even that big of a fan of heavy lifting anymore. Its definitely not "bad", but I can definitely see why people prefer to take an alternate route.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Spurs 99 was * and so will Miami in 12.
If the Heat win, I hope that motherfucking asterisk is attached. It'll motivate LeBron and co to do it all over again next season.

As I said in the last thread, I predict the Heat will win in six games. If they can steal home court advantage in the first two games, they'll be in great shape to pull this off.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The asterisk stuff is really dumb- people only bring it up w respect to the heat.

Almost nobody puts an asterisk after the Spurs' first championship when they got their second in time for Robinson to sail off into the retirement sunset.
Spurs started the * trend with a the lockout season... Heat were gifted a ring so talk comes up there too... Since this was a lockout season them or the Plunder will get one..

PBY

Banned
lol if you think Chicago would have had a chance against Miami this year
I agree- I just really don't understand that logic, considering how it was 4-1 last year. The celtics stuff I sliiiightly understand more considering rondo was hurt last year.

KingKong

99 was only 50 games and an 8 seed made the finals in a very weak transition year

this time we had 66 (and everyone thinks thats how long the regular season should be), and everyone had injuries (Chicago more so, but still). The two best and most exciting teams in the NBA are playing in the finals, no asterisk

Blackace

99 was only 50 games and an 8 seed made the finals in a very weak transition year

this time we had 66 (and everyone thinks thats how long the regular season should be), and everyone had injuries (Chicago more so, but still). The two best and most exciting teams in the NBA are playing in the finals, no asterisk

What everyone thinks the season should be and what it is are two different things.. If the Spurs have to carry one why should the Heat/Plunder not? Because they are two of the better teams? Nope not co-signing that

What everyone thinks the season should be and what it is are two different things.. If the Spurs have to carry one why should the Heat/Plunder not? Because they are two of the better teams? Nope not co-signing that

But the Spurs don't have an asterisk ring to me

The only thing I thought that was asterisk about it was that Jordan wasn't playing lol

Blackace

But the Spurs don't have an asterisk ring to me

The only thing I thought that was asterisk about it was that Jordan wasn't playing lol
Nobody has an asterisk ring really... Just some books or websites have it to denote a shortened season...

Yeah if you wanna asterisk to show it's a shortened season I'm good but people wanna attach an asterisk to somehow discredit

benjipwns

Banned
The only way to justify the asterisk is by saying that if you had the other 16-32 games the seedings would have changed and thus tougher path blah blah blah. The playoffs still required 15-16 wins. Even then you'd have to go back and asterisk all the old titles because they only played two rounds, etc.

Or you can do the Simmons thing and "footnote" every single title ever.

Trey

Yeah if you wanna asterisk to show it's a shortened season I'm good but people wanna attach an asterisk to somehow discredit

It's what people do. Look no further than Bill Simmons' “yeah but" article. It explains the line of thinking while proving how relatively useless the asterisk mentality is in and of the article itself.

PBY

Banned
It's what people do. Look no further than Bill Simmons' “yeah but" article. It explains the line of thinking while proving how relatively useless the asterisk mentality is in and if the article itself.
Last week Simmons went on the lebatard show and essentially said that if the heat won a title this year he'd asterisk it, but not if the spurs won.

KingKong

haha remember that article Simmons wrote about how the Spurs were the most amazing team in years that singlehandedly saved the season from an asterisk right before they lost 4 straight to OKC?

they still had the same problem they had last year, Rose being the only one who can create on offense, I don't see how it would have been any different than last years result

Their problem last year is that Rose sucked in the playoffs and LeBron couldn't miss any jumper he took. They were just as good as the Heat.

Trey

Last week Simmons went on the lebatard show and essentially said that if the heat won a title this year he'd asterisk it, but not if the spurs won.

Yeah. I'll admit that the Heat were the last team out of the four finalist I wanted to win the entire thing, but I'm not gonna say they didn't deserve it. Unless some shiesty shit of biblical proportions goes down in the Finals.

TylerD

“StubHub reports that tickets to Game 1 and Game 2 on Tuesday and Thursday in Oklahoma City are selling for an average of $708 and $827 a ticket, respectively. Compare that to Miami, whose Game 3 and 4 on Saturday and Tuesday are selling for an average of $617 and $472 a ticket.”

That is a lot of money.

Top Bottom