• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

That's not a reason that's a result

A result of him being a below average shooter who went cold after being too hot in the first half of the season? Maybe, but I don't buy into the "Rose was too tired" arguments as an excuse since every superstar in the NBA has to play as hard as he does and many have to work way more like Dwight or LMA. That would just be a negative for him. I don't think it's true either, he just went cold because shooting can be random.

PBY

Banned
A result of him being a below average shooter who went cold after being too hot in the first half of the season? Maybe, but I don't buy into the "Rose was too tired" arguments as an excuse since every superstar in the NBA has to play as hard as he does and many have to work way more like Dwight or LMA. That would just be a negative for him.
Me either- but I also don't buy the argument that he just went cold randomly either. The heat played great d against him.

benjipwns

Banned
The Bulls were a better team this year than last, their offense was much improved even with Rose missing 27 games. That probably helped them as they weren't relying on him to have a hand in 70% of baskets.

Me either- but I also don't buy the argument that he just went cold randomly either. The heat played great d against him.

I agree, but both Rose and LeBron were average shooters going against great defenses, Rose missed every basically every jumpshot he took, LeBron made most of them, that's a bit lucky. Obviously, Wade played well below his standards that series as well and LeBron is much better than Rose, but I think the teams were pretty close and a lot closer than the series result indicated.

PBY

Banned
I agree, but both Rose and LeBron were average shooters going against great defenses, Rose missed every basically every jumpshot he took, LeBron made most of them, that's a bit lucky. Obviously, Wade played well below his standards that series as well and LeBron is much better than Rose, but I think the teams were pretty close and a lot closer than the series result indicated.
I agree w this- if we played this year I do think it's be a lot closer.

PBY

Banned
Yeah, I was thinking of trying to snag a ticket for game 1...

Not at those prices, though.

Already getting nervous...
Question- forget hca, like assume both teams Played equal number of home games- you want your home games first or 2nd? Essentially, you want the chance to be up 2-0 but risk having an early game stolen or the opposite?

PBY

Banned
I still think it comes off as a compliment when they play the "Imperial March" when introducing road teams there.

I know as a road team that would hype me up.
Heat introed the mavs to ceelos fuck you last year. Not classy... But at least the road team doesnt get hype. It totally worked too:/

AirBrian

I still think it comes off as a compliment when they play the "Imperial March" when introducing road teams there.

I know as a road team that would hype me up.
The Bulls introduced road teams like that too. I agree with you -- it would definitely hype me up as a road player.

Please a healthy chicago would have struggled with the celtics/pacers. The heat are by far the worst matchup for chicago in the whole nba.

I don't really see why the Heat are such a nightmare matchup for the Bulls. Slashing team versus the team with arguably the best interior defense in the NBA. The Heat have been better, but I don't see the matchup issues.

KingGondo

Banned
Question- forget hca, like assume both teams Played equal number of home games- you want your home games first or 2nd? Essentially, you want the chance to be up 2-0 but risk having an early game stolen or the opposite?
I trust the Thunder to win both at home, and they're an excellent road team as well--so dropping one at home isn't devastating. I'll take them first--I don't want any part of fighting uphill like we had to against San Antonio.

The Thunder's HCA is way better than Miami's, too. I'm not bashing Miami, I think it's undeniable that the home-court has been huge for OKC and it will be in this series too.

The asterisk stuff is really dumb- people only bring it up w respect to the heat.

Yea...no. Spurs carried that asterisk until they won their second chip and even then the 99 season for many includes the *. The Heat were gifted the 2006* chip on a silver platter by Stern in response to Mark Cuban being despised. Look at the free throw difference. Look at Wade. This year its Miami playing in a shortened season like the 99 Spurs, having the easiest road to the finals in a very long time. You bet your ass its a * if they win and its an * if the Thunder win. I said LAST year before the lockout even started that if there was a shortened season, whoever won would have an * INCLUDING if the Lakers were to win it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Holy shit, Skip is defending LeBron's character on TV. Calling him a great guy, and saying that he wants him to win the title. My goodness.

Yea...no. Spurs carried that asterisk until they won their second chip and even then the 99 season for many includes the *. The Heat were gifted the 2006* chip on a silver platter by Stern in response to Mark Cuban being despised. Look at the free throw difference. Look at Wade. This year its Miami playing in a shortened season like the 99 Spurs, having the easiest road to the finals in a very long time. You bet your ass its a * if they win and its an * if the Thunder win. I said LAST year before the lockout even started that if there was a shortened season, whoever won would have an * INCLUDING if the Lakers were to win it.

Let's be real

it's an * to you

and nobody cares

KingKong

Actually the free throw difference was because Wade drove and attacked. Blame Dallas for choking

edit: do you think the Lakers were gifted the 2010 championship because of the 37 to 17 FTA in game 7? no, of course not, they were more physical and forced the contact

Let's be real

it's an * to you

and nobody cares

Apparently not since there are others here that agree with the *. But hey, there's always 2013 for the Heat to win their first legit championship.

Actually the free throw difference was because Wade drove and attacked. Blame Dallas for choking

edit: do you think the Lakers were gifted the 2010 championship because of the 37 to 17 FTA in game 7? no, of course not, they were more physical and forced the contact

lol bull shit. It's not even the same situation. In game 5, Wade had more free throws than the entire Mavs team.

Wade had 44% usage, Shaq had 22%, they got the fouls. I don't see your point

Wade had the most free throw attempts in the history of the finals in 2006 if I am not mistaken. The Mavs were up 2-0 with a perfectly good shot to go up 3-0. Suddenly the Heat win the next 4 games including a game where Wade shoots more free throws than the entire opposing team. There were other extremely questionable calls as well. Stern wanted the Heat to win and they did.

KingKong

Wade had the most free throw attempts in the history of the finals in 2006 if I am not mistaken. The Mavs were up 2-0 with a perfectly good shot to go up 3-0. Suddenly the Heat win the next 4 games including a game where Wade shoots more free throws than the entire opposing team. There were other extremely questionable calls as well. Stern wanted the Heat to win and they did.

They won the first 2 at home, then lost 2 on the road (including a blowout where Dirk shot 2-14). Game 5 was really close and yes, Wade shot a lot of free throws, but it's not like he got every call down the stretch, Dallas had plenty of chances to win. Game 6 was close and Miami won.

I don't know how you can look at free throw attempts and think that proves anything when Wade is clearly very good at driving and initiating contact and they had Shaq on their team who's a free throw magnet

KingKong

This is like 02 WCF paranoia where some people (Bill Simmons) complained about it and now everyone talks about it like it's the truth

abraham-simpson.jpg

Cloving <3

Wasn't there a way to watch Sonicsgate on the internet (not pirated)? Can't seem to find it now and I've been meaning to watch it.

edit: nvm found it on YouTube.

A Heat fan calling out another team for not showing heart. lol.

Damn right.

Down 0-2, 4 straight to win the Finals.

Down 2-3, 2 straight to win the ECF.

Last year was the only anomaly and that was because of the new guy.

When the last time your bitch ass lakers came back to to win anything? Probably when you were riding on shaq's dick.

Top Bottom