• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

KingGondo said:
Nothing fuels great players like marital and child custody disputes!

Yep, remember when Lebron had to fight rumors about his girlfriend cheating on him last year and he came back to tear up the Mavericks in the Finals and win his first ring?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
So are you happy that D-Rose got injured now? It gave you a lot more free time to study.
Nah, I took the test on 5/19. Although, I still must thank him, somehow. The Bulls were a great stress reliever this year.

Make Boozer proud Soul
The Boozer Defense Force will always shine. I modeled my hard work after Boozer's regiment, which means after another year, I won't have to work hard ever again! WOOO!

thekad

Banned
It’s hard to accurately capture the evolution that James has undergone here in the playoffs thus far, but here’s one stab at it.

Heading into Game 4, James is currently averaging 30.7 points and 9.7 rebounds in the playoffs. Here’s a long list of players who have averaged at least 30.7 points and 9.7 boards in a postseason during the modern era:

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Shaquille O’Neal. Hakeem Olajuwon.

That’s it. That’s the list. Three of the all-time great centers.

As hard as it is to believe, those are James’ peers now, statistically. James entered the league as a point guard and nine years later he’s putting up numbers of Hall-of-Fame centers. Throw in the fact that James has also averaged five assists per game and the list of players who have averaged 30-10-5 during the playoffs in modern times shrinks to one. Just James.

Amazing that a small forward is putting up Shaq numbers.

James entered the league as a point guard
Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

ToxicAdam

Silas essentially used James as a point guard when he came into the league. But that was just because of the incredible lack of talent around him.

To make it even harder for LeBron, I had no point guard," said Silas. "I talked to LeBron about this, and he said he'd play the position. I'm telling you, he was special right from the start. He learned my offense faster than any of the other players. He is unselfish on the court. I knew it was a lot to ask, but I had gotten to know LeBron and believed he could handle it."

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/12/lebron_enters_the_nba_with_com.html

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled today, so I may be especially unintelligible tonight. :(

God damn this is going to hurt isn't it.

If they give you drugs, it will be fine. I had two wisdom teeth pulled and don't remember a thing. Now when I woke up my face looked like Kanye to remind me that I had a procedure done.

Ibaka should keep his mouth shut. He's been a ghost in this series and he's the main reason why Battier has went off. He's also wrong. Lebron has played better defense than Durant in this series and it's no contest. Ibaka has no room to talk about anyone considering OKC's front court has played like total shit this series.

KingGondo

Banned
Ibaka should keep his mouth shut. He's been a ghost in this series and he's the main reason why Battier has went off. He's also wrong. Lebron has played better defense than Durant in this series and it's no contest. Ibaka has no room to talk about anyone considering OKC's front court has played like total shit this series.
- Ibaka has hardly played (average of 22 minutes)
- Durant is still shooting 56% and averaging close to 30 against LeBron's "great" defense (and that's with lots of
bullshit
foul trouble in games 2 and 3)
- Perkins had 10 and 12 last game and was the only motherfucker to actually hit his FTs. I don't think he's a good matchup for Miami, but at least he played well in game 3.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Why has Ibaka played so little?

And 11-19 for 25 points is just fine, but of those 19 for 25 points it was 2 for 4 points in the fourth quarter. Shall we give LeBron no credit for that at all?

- Ibaka has hardly played (average of 22 minutes)
- Durant is still shooting 56% and averaging close to 30 against LeBron's "great" defense (and that's with lots of
bullshit
foul trouble in games 2 and 3)
- Perkins had 10 and 12 last game and was the only motherfucker to actually hit his FTs. I don't think he's a good matchup for Miami, but at least he played well in game 3.

There's a reason why he isn't playing. He's leaving Battier open for threes and he's been a ghost on the offensive side of the ball. If he can't defend then he's worthless out there. The guy should keep his mouth shut. The fact that the defensive player of the year is averaging 22 minutes a game is all you need to know.

Like I said before, Lebron is playing better defense than Durant. Period. People can try to argue that and it would be futile. No one is saying that Lebron has shut Durant down, but his defense on Durant during the fourth quarter was stellar last game.

Perkins is terrible and he's one reason why Miami has won two games this series. He is terrible on defense.

Jdez15

Banned
I have a feeling lebron will overtry this game because all of the comments that were made to him and dwade. He will try to do too much.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That's not gonna happen two years in a row.

The Heat win tonight and it's as good as over.

I really don't understand this kind of thinking. The games have been close. G3 could have easily gone the other way. I don't know how anybody can assume the Heat just win tonight.

The Heat have already lost plenty of games during these playoffs that they "couldn't possibly lose" because it "won't happen". It's like the worst of sports cliches, the notion that the opposition can't win because the other team somehow won't let it happen.

SUPREME1

Banned
LATimes.com said:
Kevin Durant never fouled out during the regular season, committing as many as five fouls in a game only three times. So it seems almost shocking that the Oklahoma City Thunder star has been called for five fouls in each of the last two games ...

Smh... dat Stern effect.

Top Bottom